Seravalli: Tampa interested in Klingberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
This LTIR is total Bullshit. At the end of this deadline you are going to have teams such as Boston, TB, Rangers and others like 10M over the cap if not more.
And you'll have people acting like Tampa is the only team doing it. We gotta run it back.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Smart move for Tampa. You need more than 2 puck movers in this day and age. Can't have any pairing that just can't move the puck. Klingberg is a good buy low.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
And you'll have people acting like Tampa is the only team doing it. We gotta run it back.

I agree, it's not just TB.....But I will say TB was the first to figure out how to use this bullshit LTIR to their advantage. Now teams are all doin it. It's just not fair to be honest. I don't think the league put this in play for teams to "cheat" the salary cap this way.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
Doesn't play a lick of defense but still scores and has been hot for the past 10 games or so. He'd add value to Tampa for sure
Yeah I'm not saying its a horrible add, just would hope Tampa isn't paying much for him.

That guy must regret not taking the deal from Dallas, he's not going to get close to that this off -season barring some majorly impressive post season run

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Hasn't Klingerberg been incredibly brutal for the Ducks this season?

He's terrible defensively on a team that plays no defense. On Tampa though he'd certainly look a lot better. He's far better than Shattenkirk who Tampa managed to make look like a decent player on their way to a Cup.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This LTIR is total Bullshit. At the end of this deadline you are going to have teams such as Boston, TB, Rangers and others like 10M over the cap if not more.

I mean Boston certainly wasn't planning on Hall and Foligno getting hurt. And its really unclear if they will be back at all, especially Foligno.

I can see a world where you make the minimum amount of time out longer. Or limit LTIR use to a certain amount per player, not their full salary. But, it sure is easy to come in and complain about LTIR without offering solutions.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I mean Boston certainly wasn't planning on Hall and Foligno getting hurt. And its really unclear if they will be back at all, especially Foligno.

I can see a world where you make the minimum amount of time out longer. Or limit LTIR use to a certain amount per player, not their full salary. But, it sure is easy to come in and complain about LTIR without offering solutions.
The solution is, if come playoff time, all teams fielding a roster must be within the salary cap of 82M. Not that the cap means shit during the playoffs and your roster is at 90-95M. That means certain players would not be eligible

Reactions: Yemeth and lwvs84

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I agree, it's not just TB.....But I will say TB was the first to figure out how to use this bullshit LTIR to their advantage. Now teams are all doin it. It's just not fair to be honest. I don't think the league put this in play for teams to "cheat" the salary cap this way.
Incorrect. Chicago was the first, with Kane back in 2015. Tampa and St Louis tried to close the "loophole". 28 other teams voted against them, and here we are. And Tampa isn't even using it at the moment unless Seabrook grows a new pair of legs in the playoffs.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Poor guy cost himself SOOOOOOOO MUCH F’n money

He probably doesn’t have much value even at 50%

Last edited:

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Chicago was in 2015. Hence both tampa and St. Louis wanted to close the LTIR loophole.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Yes, they're really gaming the system by *checks notes* negating the salary of a player who will never play again and thus using LTIR for its intended function.

Kucherov from TB for 2 years was on the LTIR. TB gets more players goes over the cap, he comes back for the playoffs and now they are fielding a team with a salary cap of over 90M. How is that right? Some of these players shouldn't be allowed to play. All teams at the start of the playoffs should all be fielding a roster within the current salary cap of 82.5M it's simple

Incorrect. Chicago was the first, with Kane back in 2015. Tampa and St Louis tried to close the "loophole". 28 other teams voted against them, and here we are. And Tampa isn't even using it at the moment unless Seabrook grows a new pair of legs in the playoffs.
Sorry I stand corrected on the 1st. Regardless, it's BS

See below from Capfriendly regarding your TB team. The salary cap is 82.5M not 88M

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $0​

CURRENT CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $1,269,967
TODAY'S CAP HIT
Tooltip
: $88,105,000

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Kucherov from TB for 2 years was on the LTIR. TB gets more players goes over the cap, he comes back for the playoffs and now they are fielding a team with a salary cap of over 90M. How is that right? Some of these players shouldn't be allowed to play. All teams at the start of the playoffs should all be fielding a roster within the current salary cap of 82.5M it's simple

Sorry I stand corrected on the 1st. Regardless, it's BS

See below from Capfriendly regarding your TB team. The salary cap is 82.5M not 88M

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $0​

CURRENT CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $1,269,967
TODAY'S CAP HIT
Tooltip
: $88,105,000

Kane was put on LTIR they got vermette, timonnen, and Desjardins. If Kane wasn't on LTIR than the trade would have not happened you think those three players didn't help chicago beat tampa in 2014-2015 stanley cup finals?

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad