Value of: Tampa fire sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tampa sucks ass respectfully

They have elite talent that is on the decline at Stamkos, Hedman and maybe Vas

They have an overpaid group of youngsters in Sergachev, Cirelli

They have no picks or depth coming in

That is the price of 2 cups, 4 finals, 2 other ECFs

A modern day dyansty.

They were absurd from 2013 to 2022

10 years they ran the league pretty much. Its time for scorched earth in the summer

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Goalies aren’t allowed bad games?

Man glad you’re perfect
I mean vasi has a .859 save % …

A modern day dyansty.

10 years they ran the league pretty much. Its time for scorched earth in the summer
It’s just the normal life cycle. Chicago, LA and Pitt all went through it. when players get older and more expensive it’s game over.

Reactions: hamzarocks

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I'd like to see them trade an entire draft class for Voronkov next.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017

A modern day dyansty.

Can’t really argue with any your points.

Reactions: hamzarocks

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
Was to be expected, after 2 Cups and 3 Finals in the middle of a cap freeze. Core gets older, depth leaves to get overpaid elsewhere, the usual story.

I actually think Brisebois did a decent job of staunching the bleeding, and letting the right players go, for the most part. His big issue was how he handled the defence. Too much money to Sergachev too soon, and no further attempts to bolster the defence beyond that, filling out the rest with cheap untested young players. I actually don't mind the Jeannot trade as much as other people do (I think picks after 20 are wildly overvalued) but if you're gonna use all those picks on a youngish cost-controlled player, it should have been on a solid Dman, rather than a winger. Now Hedman is getting older, Sergachev is in over his head, Perbix is bad, Cernak is too limited to do anything about it; even if Vasilevsky was playing well I don't think he could have compensated for the mess in front of him.

I don't think it's unfixable, but there might be tough choices ahead (Stamkos?)

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I mean vasi has a .859 save % …
Sure, but any possible reason for that you think?

The context you're missing is important. He missed the start of the season due to surgery and being thrown back into action, he likely needs time to adjust, and get into a rhythm again. That isn't unusual.

I would bet he will finish the season with a better save percentage than he has currently. His previous lowest save percent (for a season) was .910 in his second season.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClydeLee

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They miss having McDonough in his prime. Neither Segerchev or Hedman (at this point in his career) are ideal in defensive matchups. The forward group is build around a few skill guys and guys who want to grind it out over 7 games. But, I don't think they have the D group to play like that unless Vasi becomes Vase again.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Explain how Tampa has a worse GAPG than the Oilers with Vas in net and Hedman and Sergachev on defense

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It looks bad right now. I feel like it's probably not a lot that needs to change. Maybe a subtle change would do it. Definitely need to play harder and attitude adjustments. They look like they don't gaf right now.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Vasy has been out all season, let's pump the breaks that Vasy is on the decline at 29 years old lol. Most goalies don't even break into the league until their mid 20's

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Kucherov and Hedman for a 5th! Given the probable smoke and fire damage, if it's a fire sale.

Jokes though, the OP needs to calm way down.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The 8 year deals he signed everyone to aren't going to look great at the start, but should age nicely. I think the big issue is we aren't trying to win 8 years from now, we need the players who've signed to live up to their contracts now.
That's not usually how 8 year deals work. Players generally decline more quickly than the cap increases.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
That's not usually how 8 year deals work. Players generally decline more quickly than the cap increases.
That's how the 8 year deals stupid GMs sign usually work. Brisebois signed these players from their age 25 to 33 year old seasons aka their entire primes. There's a big difference between that and an 8 year deal that starts when the guy is 29 or 30. The cap is also expected to rise $10 million or so within 2 years of these contracts kicking in.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I mean... even Gretzky got traded before, so stranger things have happened...

That being said, nah not happening.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Actually players generally get better before they decline. A low/mid 20's player isn't going to seriously decline before the end of their 8 year deal, so long as you don't just give them to any player

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Explain how Tampa has a worse GAPG than the Oilers with Vas in net and Hedman and Sergachev on defense
Vasilevskiy just came back. Tampa used goalies that really aren't NHL material.

I have no idea why they gavr Cirelli that contract, but that's their worst contract. Paul might be second ?

Trading all that for Jeannot so they wouldn't be soft is an overpayment, but maybe not as bad as the Paul/Cirelli contract.

Tampa's right there. They get Vasi back into the swing of things and they should be fine to make the playoffs.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Actually players generally get better before they decline. A low/mid 20's player isn't going to seriously decline before the end of their 8 year deal, so long as you don't just give them to any player
I'd guess they will before they are 33/34 at the end of their deals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad