Value of: Tampa fire sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Anyone and anything can be available

courage-cowardly-dog.gif

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
1. Tampa will be fine

2. Brisebois' contract management finally about to be exposed as kinda shit and open to criticism finally?
They've got two less than ideal contracts with Cirelli and Paul. They thought Cirelli would develop more offense. Cernak might be a slight overpay, but they've had so many hometown discounts over the years, I think it's pretty hard to take too much of an issue with Brisebois' cap management skills.

Now, if you want to take issue with how much he paid for Jeannot ...

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They've got two less than ideal contracts with Cirelli and Paul. They thought Cirelli would develop more offense. Cernak might be a slight overpay, but they've had so many hometown discounts over the years, I think it's pretty hard to take too much of an issue with Brisebois' cap management skills.

I don't like their contracts they've signed recently except for Hagel. And I don't love the prices they've paid recently either. For a while everybody gave them the benefit of the doubt, but I think it's fair to criticize some of it now.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Paul's contract is fine, Sergachev has yet to live up to his AAV though

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
2. Brisbois' contract management finally about to be exposed as kinda shit and open to criticism finally?

I’ve been saying that for a while now. He deserves credit for the moves he made to put Tampa over the top, but while his trades have been wildly successful for the most part his signings have been far less so, and his allocation of cap space has been questionable.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Blowout loss aside, it is clear that this team doesn’t have the depth to put a deep run together this year. The cupboard is pretty bare for picks and prospects and there isn’t a ton of cap flexibility moving forward (let Stamkos walk?). Every player we’ve developed from within is on their 3rd or 4th contract and something has to give at some point.

I don’t think it’s that outlandish to think about selling players but I’m not there. Rebuilding doesn’t guarantee you’ll find the cornerstone players we have on our roster right now. Retool is more ideal but we only have so many years of Hedman and Stamkos left, and both aren’t what they used to be.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He had 64 points last year. He's down a bit this year, but easily within reach if he gets hot. 64 point d-men = $8.5 million pretty easily.

My bad with Paul. I thought he was making $1 million more.

This year his offense hasn't justified how much of a liability he is defensively, to be making anywhere close to that. I know he has some points but it's rare you see him generate any offense on his own. He's a big reason why the Lightning are struggling right now, we need him to step up and drive the play like you'd expect from an offensive defenseman being paid what he is.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I’ve been saying that for a while now. He deserves credit for the moves he made to put Tampa over the top, but while his trades have been wildly successful for the most part his signings have been far less so, and his allocation of cap space has been questionable.

The 8 year deals he signed everyone to aren't going to look great at the start, but should age nicely. I think the big issue is we aren't trying to win 8 years from now, we need the players who've signed to live up to their contracts now.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Maybe goal tending isn’t as unimportant as people here lead you to believe?
100% . I've always stating goaltending in the NHL is only as good as the team in front of them. That's a fact if you look at some of the goalies that have won it in the past 12 years or so.
Goalies these days are very marginal in difference.

Management even knows this hence why nobody pays a premium for goalies anymore and why goalies don't get picked very high anymore.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
lol, wtf is that post?

Also, Yzerman and Brisebois got you a bunch of cups, at one point your team had to go down a bit, it's a normal cycle (Unless you're motherf***ing Boston, apparently)
They won 2 covid cups, it clearly doesn't count when it involves a full 82-game schedule and regular playoffs. They are just being exposed now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad