GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning vs New Jersey Devils: Pickle Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Of course our only National TV home game is vs a non rival on a Tuesday night while the Yankees are hosting an AL championship game a few miles away.

I'm sure it will look great on TV....

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'm not sure but we could ask guys like Michael Matheson, Sam Reinhart and Erik Gryba... hell even McDavid managed his first career shootout goal against us and we gave up Dumoulin's first career playoff goal.

I wish I was joking but I wouldn't say this if it was not true. These names are just off the top of my head

Wasn’t meant as a slight to you. We had a fan from another team already earlier this year State the same thing as you and then for years we had our own thread dedicated to Brodeur and each player who would score his 1st career goal on him. I believe it was titled, “I scored my 1st career goal on Brodeur Thread”. :laugh:

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'll give him credit for making a lot of very good decisions so far this year, all of his moves seem to have paid off. But let's not forget we started 9-3-3 last season as well. We're still extraordinarily early in the season. I still don't think Hynes is a great coach and it'll take more than 5 games to change my mind.

If we're still winning games in January I'll be happy to eat crow.
Yup, rest of the reason is a different story. As of today, he has done everything right so far.

dzd ncnfzd

Aug 8, 2007
Yeah, all fanbases think they allow more "first goals" than the other teams....quite chuckle worthy really!! Good luck to you NJ tonight, and to Nico.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Contrary to popular opinion I'm actually bummed tonight is national since gc will be blacked out. I have alternate means for watching the game, just a little more inconvenient.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Of course our only National TV home game is vs a non rival on a Tuesday night while the Yankees are hosting an AL championship game a few miles away.

I'm sure it will look great on TV....
According to tocketmaster the Lower bowl looks pretty full. The uppers look a little better than last Fridays game as well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
According to tocketmaster the Lower bowl looks pretty full. The uppers look a little better than last Fridays game as well.

It amazes me why...but the prices are probably much different than last Friday's game too and I probably just answered my own question.

Plus there could have been some charity redemptions for this game too I suppose.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It amazes me why...but the prices are probably much different than last Friday's game too and I probably just answered my own question.

Plus there could have been some charity redemptions for this game too I suppose.
And the High School Captain promo. Still, good to see for an early season Tuesday game while the Yankees are playing important games.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Moore is tougher for me to watch. He just doesn't know where he should be or what he should be doing in his own zone.

I don't have as much of problem with a guy that doesn't have the legs to get the job done vs. one that has the legs and still can't get the job done.

Lovejoy is a slow old mule. Moore is just plain bad.

To me they are both bad. Moore is awful but on very rare occasion he does something amazing. Lovejoy is literally awful 100% of the time. He is always hard to watch when Moore is hard to watch, like, 96% of the time.

Reactions: ChicoEatsNachos

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
We theorise lineup changes like we are theorising what will happen next on LOST. It's funny and great to read.

Also I still have no idea how Lovejoy regressed so fast from the 15-16 Pens cup run.

I expect a good showing, especially since the Lightning played yesterday.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We theorise lineup changes like we are theorising what will happen next on LOST. It's funny and great to read.

Also I still have no idea how Lovejoy regressed so fast from the 15-16 Pens cup run.

I expect a good showing, especially since the Lightning played yesterday.

You kind of answered your own question. He went from being a #5 on a Cup winning roster to a #2/#3 on a lottery team the following year.

Reactions: Dialamo

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Does every fan think that their team is known for giving up 1st career goals?

Yes, and they're probably all correct. Every team gives them up, probably at about the same rate, but since people don't generally keep track of how many other teams give up, it always seems like your team gives up the most.

A lot of talk about Nico getting points tonight (myself included), but I would also like to at least a point out of Bratt. I'm hoping we get a lot of jam from our top-9 tonight.

I just want Bratt to stay consistent. I would hate to see him jump out to a hot start and then fall off a cliff and people say he was just a flash in the pan.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
for saugus

bratts 60% shooting will not last (obviously,)

nor will kucherov.s 29%

not everyone can be craig simpson and do that for a career

sorry sloppy type ,,,on a cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad