Proposal: Tampa Bay Lightning players that need to move

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Trading Killorn means you lose Killorn and the next best expansion piece on your roster. You would be much better off keeping that player and letting go of Killorn.

We trade Killorn and get value, the next piece up would probably be Garrison who we want to move for cap purposes so it's not a total lose. If we could move Garrison for value first then they maybe take Coburn, again someone it wouldn't kill us to lose. We will lose somebody but in all likelihood it's not a core piece as those will be in our 7 3 1 group.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It might work it might not but in the past teams have made deals with expansion teams. Typically an expansion team doesn't get quality players through the expansion draft. The rules for this one are a little different but there will be deals made. Maybe we don't trade directly with Vegas but trade Killorn to someone else before the expansion and protect the ones we want leaving them with lesser options. We're more than likely trading Killorn or trading with Vegas then allowing them to take him.

I'm not saying the concept is impossible. I'm just saying your proposal is bad and Vegas would laugh and hang up.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
you get we got to dump money right ?

We don't need to do it by taking on a player that can barely play anymore and weakening our blueline in the same year we take a step backwards in net. Seriously, we just got our last net-bad player off the team in Carle and you want to add more?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We don't need to do it by taking on a player that can barely play anymore and weakening our blueline in the same year we take a step backwards in net. Seriously, we just got our last net-bad player off the team in Carle and you want to add more?

how are you going to sign palat. johnson and drouin next offseason then ?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
how are you going to sign palat. johnson and drouin next offseason then ?

By not trashing our roster and handling it then. Bishop is bound to be moved before the TDL, and even if he isn't he drops off the roster. Garrison will still have value, and the extra year off of Flip and Cally's contracts won't hurt, iether.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
By not trashing our roster and handling it then. Bishop is bound to be moved before the TDL, and even if he isn't he drops off the roster. Garrison will still have value, and the extra year off of Flip and Cally's contracts won't hurt, iether.

I don't think it's a good idea to wait moving flipper. I think the sooner you move his money the better. with expansion yzerman won't have enough time to wait it out. handling it before the deadline would be smart.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm not saying the concept is impossible. I'm just saying your proposal is bad and Vegas would laugh and hang up.

How is it bad? Instead of getting 1 player in expansion they get 3 and still have the same number of picks. The trade value of Garrison at the deadline or Killorn, if we sign him to a 2 year deal, will be similar maybe Garrison has more since teams are desperate for top 4 D. They could just take Garrison instead and keep their 3rd too, I just don't see us exposing Killorn for them to take.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
We trade Killorn and get value, the next piece up would probably be Garrison who we want to move for cap purposes so it's not a total lose. If we could move Garrison for value first then they maybe take Coburn, again someone it wouldn't kill us to lose. We will lose somebody but in all likelihood it's not a core piece as those will be in our 7 3 1 group.

You get futures, not things that help you today. Which situation is better, no Killorn and no Garrison or just no Killorn? Are you interested in winning now or futures?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
You get futures, not things that help you today. Which situation is better, no Killorn and no Garrison or just no Killorn? Are you interested in winning now or futures?

Yzerman will always pick winning in the future all the time

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

In all likelihood it's going to be no Killorn and no Garrison to start 17-18. Not sure if it's because we traded both or one while the other was picked in the expansion draft. For cap purposes Garrison needs to go and if we can't do enough maneuvering Killorn might have to too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad