Proposal: Tampa Bay Lightning players that need to move

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/lightning

Ok to start looking ahead to expansion I think we will keep
7 forwards
stamkos kucherov johnson palat drouin killorn namestnikov
3 dmen
hedman stralman koekkoek
1 goalie vasilevskiy

In order for numbers to work and sign our rfa's and ufa's we have to move 3 to 4 saleries for this to be semi core moving ahead

Valterri Filppula 5,000,000.00
Ryan Callahan 5,800,000.00
Jason Garrison 4,600,000.00
Ben Bishop 5,950,000.00
Braydon Coburn 3,700,000.00

I would only be looking at if taking contracts back of 2 million or less range... Also contracts like that would need to be 1 year otherwise basically could lose to expansion so am looking more for prospects picks futures.

What offers are out there? Would we have to add pick prospect to any of these guys? We are ok keeping bishop and letting him walk 3 of the other 4 need to move but also one guy could be made available to expansion and move that way like garrison or coburn. Filppula has nmc/limited ntc and callahan has full nmc...

we would be interested in any deals also for tyler johnson alex killorn and vlad namestnikov
I do not believe we will try to move any of these guys but might be forced to in order to move forward and stay competitive. This is a minor rebuild. We are at the cap this and next year. With a lot of core type players to sign and others above to move.

our biggest need will be cheap bottom 3 forwards who are solid on pk and a RH puck moving d man who can run the power play and is younger can grow with team. So someone picked in last couple years.

You do realize that the other 29 teams have to protect their assets as well. They aren't just going to give up assets for a player they will expose to the draft

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You do realize that the other 29 teams have to protect their assets as well. They aren't just going to give up assets for a player they will expose to the draft

sure but to move our guys some have good upside we can add picks prospects whatever it takes we will know soon what our core group is

right now its guesswork we dont even have the core

we aint asking for your best players im looking at teams who have needs could use a second line center? filppula? a top six forward in callahan? he played hurt all last year and just had a surgery or could use a number 3 d man in coburn or garrison? that can take the cap hit. Our problem is not just expansion its more about cap management.

we start at 25 million in space half of that is going on namestnikov kucherov and killorn along with nesterov

so we have another 12 million to sign tyler johnson ondrej palat and jonathan drouin
andrei sustr and both goalies are rfa wilcox and gudlesvkis slater koekkoek is rfa other guys who make team rfa are morin and richard probably blujus and peca might make team too for that season be rfa cause of lack of bodies

so two of those contracts need to go or lose palat johnson or drouin or one of them needs to go that seems unlikely cheapest i can see those three is 16.5 million myself

so killorn gone we are still short 500k without signing another 3-4 guys we have to sign and play at 1million range or higher so we need about 6 million more gone to have flexibilty if keep filppula and callahan

I dont see it have ran all these numbers etc.. We really need to move the forward over losing entire d ends could really like to keep say coburn over a filppula for sure

even though am sure whole board will tell you we would rather keep garrison over coburn...

i am not asking for your best players am hoping people see needs good players and will offer futures draft picks etc.. to make a deal work and offload some of our contracts only a couple have to go but that couple will go imho

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I would love to see any of Killorn, Callahan, Coburn and Garrison in a Bruins sweater.

Would Jimmy Hayes and Kevan Miller be enticing for you?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would love to see any of Killorn, Callahan, Coburn and Garrison in a Bruins sweater.

we need cheap guys youngish guys people in ahl or lower leagues picks prospects etc...can use decent guys on lower lines who are cheap 2 million range or less to play 3rd line sometimes but mostly fourth line

to move one of these salaries I would work around either of these guys would like miller more cause where we are short is right d men

both of these guys work am sure we have some fans underwhelmed but sometimes subtraction is an addition

all of our guys have worth just need to get out a couple deals so drouin and triplets stay

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Not for Killorn, but they'd be of interest in a Callahan move. I suspect we'll probably hold on to one of Garrison or Coburn for the 2nd pairing until we get a better look at what Koekkoek can do with serious time with the big club.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Would love to see Killorn on the Habs. Any interest in something around Andrighetto? He has history with Kucherov and is cheap top 9 depth. Good 2 way play and hopefully more offense to come. Showed well with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty while Gallagher was hurt.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Would love to see Killorn on the Habs. Any interest in something around Andrighetto? He has history with Kucherov and is cheap top 9 depth. Good 2 way play and hopefully more offense to come. Showed well with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty while Gallagher was hurt.

id have to let my qmjhl and ahl guys make a call on that. can take pick prospects ghetto needs a spot and seriously am unsure if he would upgrade anyone paquette is solid in fourth line role minus points and so is erik condra basically ghetto isnt getting in our top 9 in my guessing cause havent seen him play just by stats hes not going to knock down a door here and we have some coming who will knock that door down

can you help me hosemdown? whats your take on ghetto?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As an Oil fan I'd love to have Flip as our 3C/Finnish mentor for Puljujarvi, but why would he waive his NMC? He plays for a contender that also happens to play in a city with 0% state tax and have beautiful weather. I can't imagine a scenario where he'd waive - not just to Edmonton, but anywhere.

Not sure how buyout period vs expansion draft will work, but a buyout at the end of the year might be the only option for Flip.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
As an Oil fan I'd love to have Flip as our 3C/Finnish mentor for Puljujarvi, but why would he waive his NMC? He plays for a contender that also happens to play in a city with 0% state tax and have beautiful weather. I can't imagine a scenario where he'd waive - not just to Edmonton, but anywhere.

Not sure how buyout period vs expansion draft will work, but a buyout at the end of the year might be the only option for Flip.

what about garrison for NAIL YAKUPOV ?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Yzerman just resigned Coburn doubt he's going any where, Pretty sure that Yzerman might've to retain a little bit on Callahan's contract could possibly see Garrison going for the right deal possibly the same with Killorn. Filppula should definitely be in play as well.

EA Sports GM

Apr 2, 2013
Vancouver
Just tell Vegas to select Eric Condra. If they do you'll trade them Jason Garrison/Valteri Filpulla + 4th rounder pick + Brian Hart a former 2nd round pick in exchange for their 3rd round pick. Essentially they get a top 4 defenseman/top 9 center, bottom 6 winger, prospect for their AHL team and a pick for a pick. Condra and Garrison/Filppula can then be traded for additional picks prospects, Tampa opens up cap space. It would depend on who Vegas takes in the draft if they want Garrison or Filpulla in the trade, would prefer they take Filppula.

Collusion...

Anyone know for sure the rules about this? I know that in previous expansion drafts, there have been a bit of playing around the edges of the rules, making trades to make sure the expansion team did not take a specific player.

From Wikipedia:

Buffalo traded Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre, Matt Davidson, and two fifth-round draft picks, one each in the 2000 (Tyler Kolarik) and 2001 (Andreas Jämtin) Entry Drafts, to Columbus on June 23, 2000, after the Blue Jackets agreed not to select Dominik Hasek or Martin Biron.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I could get on board with that. Dude has a heavy point shot, which we need. Sure wish he was RH though. Can he play the right side?

yes he plays both sides but plays left for us due to we have coburn who is better on the right side then him.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Just tell Vegas to select Eric Condra. If they do you'll trade them Jason Garrison/Valteri Filpulla + 4th rounder pick + Brian Hart a former 2nd round pick in exchange for their 3rd round pick. Essentially they get a top 4 defenseman/top 9 center, bottom 6 winger, prospect for their AHL team and a pick for a pick. Condra and Garrison/Filppula can then be traded for additional picks prospects, Tampa opens up cap space. It would depend on who Vegas takes in the draft if they want Garrison or Filpulla in the trade, would prefer they take Filppula.

Why on earth would Vegas do that? If I'm them I tell you where to shove it and just take Killorn.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why on earth would Vegas do that? If I'm them I tell you where to shove it and just take Killorn.

They need to fill a roster and AHL team. They get a top 4 D in Garrison or top 6 center who only have a year left on their deals so could be traded for picks and prospects at the TDL. Condra is a bottom 6 player for the team that year who also could be flipped at the deadline. Hart would be for the AHL team + a 4th round pick all for a 3rd rounder.

What if we just sign Killorn for 1 year he's then a UFA after the draft so wouldn't be wise to pick him or a 2 year deal and you lose him a year later?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
They need to fill a roster and AHL team. They get a top 4 D in Garrison or top 6 center who only have a year left on their deals so could be traded for picks and prospects at the TDL. Condra is a bottom 6 player for the team that year who also could be flipped at the deadline. Hart would be for the AHL team + a 4th round pick all for a 3rd rounder.

What if we just sign Killorn for 1 year he's then a UFA after the draft so wouldn't be wise to pick him or a 2 year deal and you lose him a year later?

That's your risk to take then. You say that Vegas has to "fill a roster and an AHL team", but if you've honestly convinced yourself that an AHLer and 30+ year old depth is more valuable to an expansion team than a young top-6 winger, you're insane. Vegas could take Killorn and then trade him to another team for more than Garrison or Filpulla, a 4th line winger, an AHLer, and a 3rd round pick.

That just plain wouldn't work. Try again.

If you want to sign Killorn to just a one year deal to deter Vegas, that's your own problem because then you'll lose Killorn for nothing in a year anyway.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That's your risk to take then. You say that Vegas has to "fill a roster and an AHL team", but if you've honestly convinced yourself that an AHLer and 30+ year old depth is more valuable to an expansion team than a young top-6 winger, you're insane. Vegas could take Killorn and then trade him to another team for more than Garrison or Filpulla, a 4th line winger, an AHLer, and a 3rd round pick.

That just plain wouldn't work. Try again.

If you want to sign Killorn to just a one year deal to deter Vegas, that's your own problem because then you'll lose Killorn for nothing in a year anyway.

It might work it might not but in the past teams have made deals with expansion teams. Typically an expansion team doesn't get quality players through the expansion draft. The rules for this one are a little different but there will be deals made. Maybe we don't trade directly with Vegas but trade Killorn to someone else before the expansion and protect the ones we want leaving them with lesser options. We're more than likely trading Killorn or trading with Vegas then allowing them to take him.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Devils want Namestnikov. Whats the price

I don't see him being for sale at this point. He doesn't make enough to be worth dumping for cap reasons and he's a high potential two-way center whose value far exceeds his likely cap hit. Considering we have to trade or buy out Filppula by next summer we need Vladdy as our 3C going forward.

That said if we were to move him now I would want a young expansion-exempt RHD with probable top 4 potential. Or if you could convince Callahan to waive his NMC you could take him and we'd call it even.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It might work it might not but in the past teams have made deals with expansion teams. Typically an expansion team doesn't get quality players through the expansion draft. The rules for this one are a little different but there will be deals made. Maybe we don't trade directly with Vegas but trade Killorn to someone else before the expansion and protect the ones we want leaving them with lesser options. We're more than likely trading Killorn or trading with Vegas then allowing them to take him.

Trading Killorn means you lose Killorn and the next best expansion piece on your roster. You would be much better off keeping that player and letting go of Killorn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad