Proposal: Tampa Bay Lightning players that need to move

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/lightning

Ok to start looking ahead to expansion I think we will keep
7 forwards
stamkos kucherov johnson palat drouin killorn namestnikov
3 dmen
hedman stralman koekkoek
1 goalie vasilevskiy

In order for numbers to work and sign our rfa's and ufa's we have to move 3 to 4 saleries for this to be semi core moving ahead

Valterri Filppula 5,000,000.00
Ryan Callahan 5,800,000.00
Jason Garrison 4,600,000.00
Ben Bishop 5,950,000.00
Braydon Coburn 3,700,000.00

I would only be looking at if taking contracts back of 2 million or less range... Also contracts like that would need to be 1 year otherwise basically could lose to expansion so am looking more for prospects picks futures.

What offers are out there? Would we have to add pick prospect to any of these guys? We are ok keeping bishop and letting him walk 3 of the other 4 need to move but also one guy could be made available to expansion and move that way like garrison or coburn. Filppula has nmc/limited ntc and callahan has full nmc...

we would be interested in any deals also for tyler johnson alex killorn and vlad namestnikov
I do not believe we will try to move any of these guys but might be forced to in order to move forward and stay competitive. This is a minor rebuild. We are at the cap this and next year. With a lot of core type players to sign and others above to move.

our biggest need will be cheap bottom 3 forwards who are solid on pk and a RH puck moving d man who can run the power play and is younger can grow with team. So someone picked in last couple years.

Last edited:

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Surprised you listed Coburn, 3.7AAV is a really good deal for him. You're not getting a young PPQB for any of those guys, including Coburn, though.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We will end up losing one of Killorn or Namestnikov, because we won't be able to move both Filppula and Callahan.

Koekkoek does not need to be protected, Garrison will be the one protected.

Honestly, I would look to deal Namesy and Killer

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We will end up losing one of Killorn or Namestnikov, because we won't be able to move both Filppula and Callahan.

koekkoek is 3rd year? I thought that was window 3rd pro year you no longer are exempt he finishes this year it puts him in that category

also on vlad killer i will wait to see how long contracts are both in arbitration right now so might be 1-2 years but maybe one or both of them get term than i would say we will be dead set to move flipper cally garrison etc..

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
koekkoek is 3rd year? I thought that was window 3rd pro year you no longer are exempt he finishes this year it puts him in that category

also on vlad killer i will wait to see how long contracts are both in arbitration right now so might be 1-2 years but maybe one or both of them get term than i would say we will be dead set to move flipper cally garrison etc..

Just double check and you are right about Koekkoek, darn. Which also means Erne is eligible to be drafted

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Surprised you listed Coburn, 3.7AAV is a really good deal for him. You're not getting a young PPQB for any of those guys, including Coburn, though.

we are backed to cap bishop can walk and id be cool with that if keeps team in cup contention

we need to move some salaries to sign tyler johnson ondrej palat jonathan drouin slater koekkoek andrej sustr and a whole list of other rfa's most will be in minors but a few will be on our club because of cap issues both goalies will be up gudlevskis and wilcox also brian boyle will be ufa and he is seriously on a good deal for what he does

also on the ppqb thing guy doesnt have to be all world rated we need guys in both ahl and nhl on right side honestly.

Dylan Blujus is next guy in line for rh d who might come up and his weakness is skating and hes our best for a bit:(

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Just double check and you are right about Koekkoek, darn. Which also means Erne is eligible to be drafted

no erne is still ok 2013 he was drafted koekkoek in 2012

but blujus peca both goalies in ahl are or should be exposed wilcox and gudlevskis

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/lightning

i dont care much for blujus or the goalies being unprotected but if coburn or garrison is available got to assume that they would be picked off

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Tampa fans, remember that having Killorn exposed hurts, but at the same time it almost guarantees that everyone else will stay. There won't be many forwards for LV to pick from, so a guy like Killorn is as close to a surefire pick as it can be.

I'm not sure if Tampa's cap situation forces them to ship Killorn out regardless, but if they trade him before the draft, it exposes someone else, who might get picked by LV. This is crucial especially when it happens to a team like Tampa, who has to expose good players in every position AND is a contender. Why? Because losing Killorn for nothing and keeping everyone else >> losing Killorn for picks and Namestnikov for nothing. I'd be very surprised if Yzerman wants to lose two of his good centers in a year.

Just my two cents really, but that's what I've been thinking about Tampa.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just tell Vegas to select Eric Condra. If they do you'll trade them Jason Garrison/Valteri Filpulla + 4th rounder pick + Brian Hart a former 2nd round pick in exchange for their 3rd round pick. Essentially they get a top 4 defenseman/top 9 center, bottom 6 winger, prospect for their AHL team and a pick for a pick. Condra and Garrison/Filppula can then be traded for additional picks prospects, Tampa opens up cap space. It would depend on who Vegas takes in the draft if they want Garrison or Filpulla in the trade, would prefer they take Filppula.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would love Killorn on the Avs.

But unfortunately if we were to acquire him we still wouldn't be able to protect him ourselves so I dont think we'll be making that trade.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Damn that Callahan contract looks brutal how did Yzerman get stuck with a player like that with that contract?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I agree with flipper and Callahan won't be able to move both . Koekkoek will have three pro years in has to be protected.

Mad Brills*

Killorn/Vlad, Bishop and one of garrison/coburn will be needed to move on from.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Just tell Vegas to select Eric Condra. If they do you'll trade them Jason Garrison/Valteri Filpulla + 4th rounder pick + Brian Hart a former 2nd round pick in exchange for their 3rd round pick. Essentially they get a top 4 defenseman/top 9 center, bottom 6 winger, prospect for their AHL team and a pick for a pick. Condra and Garrison/Filppula can then be traded for additional picks prospects, Tampa opens up cap space. It would depend on who Vegas takes in the draft if they want Garrison or Filpulla in the trade, would prefer they take Filppula.

Collusion...

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Why would you do anything? Your team is so deep you won't notice a missing Killorn or Namestnikov. You'll never get full value if you trade them and you'd only get picks because nobody wants to trade expansion exempt players.

Say you have 5 good players you can't protect. If Vegas takes one, you don't get anything but you still have 4 good players in 17-18. If you trade Killorn, Vegas still takes someone and you have only 3 good players.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Bishop + Flip for Sharp + Niemi at 20% + 2017 2nd ( maybe a first if bishop resigns) and a good prospect not named Honka. Just don't see Nill moving him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad