GDT: Tampa Bay @ Carolina: One Last Monster Mash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
We're out of town tonight and like Dubinchuk, I always miss the awesome stuff.

Canes win 4-0. Peters is a wall. Malhotra cements himself as an instant Canes legend. JStaal scores.

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
Canes are wearing the white away jerseys tonight. It's all part of the plan to make Tampa think they're playing at home, thus handing the Canes the victory.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Canes are wearing the white away jerseys tonight. It's all part of the plan to make Tampa think they're playing at home, thus handing the Canes the victory.

And to attempt to hawk more jerseys. I do wonder how sales are going of the new gear - was in The Eye after the game against the Flyers and heard someone complaining how "plain" and "ugly" they looked.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
And to attempt to hawk more jerseys. I do wonder how sales are going of the new gear - was in The Eye after the game against the Flyers and heard someone complaining how "plain" and "ugly" they looked.

Overall jersey sales will remain pretty consistent, regardless of what you wear at home. Contrary to myth, there was no effect on jersey sales when they switched home and away colors. That's straight from Bettman- the ratio has been incredibly consistent, with colors outselling whites 2:1 overall. That didn't budge when they flipped, and it won't budge things here. People seeing the white jersey at home isn't going to suddenly convince them to buy a white jersey.

It's just a chance to let fans see the new jerseys on the ice in person, nothing nefarious or cynical.

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
Overall jersey sales will remain pretty consistent, regardless of what you wear at home. Contrary to myth, there was no effect on jersey sales when they switched home and away colors. That's straight from Bettman- the ratio has been incredibly consistent, with colors outselling whites 2:1 overall. That didn't budge when they flipped, and it won't budge things here. People seeing the white jersey at home isn't going to suddenly convince them to buy a white jersey.

It's just a chance to let fans see the new jerseys on the ice in person, nothing nefarious or cynical.

That's interesting, and pretty much what I expected.

Though I hope to add two to the sales when I eventually can make a trip over to see a game. Awesome that you guys are offering tickets. Sure wish I could take advantage and snag one. Maybe some point down the road.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I used to play way back when and had a Stasis deck which did alot of tap, untap tricks. Theory was to tap everything then have cards that could untap yours. Very Staal-like (stall?) although wrong colors.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

While true enough, there may be fans at tonight's game who have never seen the Canes away jerseys in action (may not have cable, may not watch broadcast sports, etc) - you can't deny that having the team wear white for a night gives that fan an opportunity he may not otherwise have, especially given the newness of the product.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Anyone going to start a preemptive drunken rage thread before the game? I suspect that if the Canes go down a couple of goals, there will be one. Whether it's Muller's coaching, JR's GMing, Ruutu's and Jordan's stone hands, Gleason's stone head, Staal's laziness, top line not scoring, Dwyer in the top 6, Cam Ward being injury prone, or Peters being Peters. :sarcasm:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I used to play way back when and had a Stasis deck which did alot of tap, untap tricks. Theory was to tap everything then have cards that could untap yours. Very Staal-like (stall?) although wrong colors.

I had an infinite turn deck at one point.

Time Walk to get +2 turns,

Play an Anarchsit, get Time walk back,

Play a Rushing River, get the Anarchist back.

Rinse and repeat.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I had an infinite turn deck at one point.

Time Walk to get +2 turns,

Play an Anarchsit, get Time walk back,

Play a Rushing River, get the Anarchist back.

Rinse and repeat.

I had the worlds most annoying deck, all white, all healing and mitigation, no ability to attack.

My favorite was a vampire deck and a goblin deck.

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
Anyone going to start a preemptive drunken rage thread before the game? I suspect that if the Canes go down a couple of goals, there will be one. Whether it's Muller's coaching, JR's GMing, Ruutu's and Jordan's stone hands, Gleason's stone head, Staal's laziness, top line not scoring, Dwyer in the top 6, Cam Ward being injury prone, or Peters being Peters. :sarcasm:

Oh, I've got a great title for a thread like that! Nothing really to post inside, but then that's more the job of the drunken rage to fill in. :laugh:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

I'm already 3 deep so maybe it'll be me. Probably not, but I'll participate.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I had the worlds most annoying deck, all white, all healing and mitigation, no ability to attack.

My favorite was a vampire deck and a goblin deck.

My buddy has an red//artifact deck, capable of producing hilarious amounts of mana (like 2 turn dragon hilarious), that's also full up of Racks and Black Vises, and just to be a complete dick, there's also a Mana Web.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
My buddy has an red//artifact deck, capable of producing hilarious amounts of mana (like 2 turn dragon hilarious), that's also full up of Racks and Black Vises, and just to be a complete dick, there's also a Mana Web.

I end up playing once a year with old friends. And the new decks are nothing like the lotus stuff. All of the cards I had are banned anymore. My favorite deck was a graveyard deck you put your stuff in and then sacrifice to get them out. And you put huge things with nothing you can cast normally.

But we are talking 1994 and stuff.

I gave all of my cards to a friend who still plays.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
How ironic is it that we have "Tonight's goaltenders are brought to you by Golden Corral. Help yourself to happiness. Justin Peters..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad