GDT: Switzerland vs Austria and Finland vs USA Exhibition Games

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Zegras is pure skill and creates something out of nothing which can be a good thing and also a bad thing. He needs to work on his play between the dots including faceoffs to be an effective center in the NHL.

Turcotte does all the little things that should make him an effective pro. He needs to get stronger for sure.

Zegras- Marc Savard to Turcotte's Bergeron?

I can see why LA was very high on Zegras but ultimately chose Turcotte. I've said all along that Zegras will be the best player out of his draft class if he reaches his full potential. He could also become Robbie Schremp.

Turcotte could be Mike Richards or Trevor Lewis.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
With all due respect, don't you think your sample is a little low if thats what you are judging on? He was phenomenal in college hockey last season. He was phenomenal to get drafted as high as he did. I'm not ruling out that he might not be effective in this tournament. If so, it's good that we have Wolf, but I would not question Knight's pedigree.

Our goaltending is one of the things I worry about the least. Knight is the best goalie right now in the tournament.
I do acknowledge that I’m basing my judgment of Knight based on a small sample of 1 game thus far and the games from last year, and it’s based on those games that I feel he’s average. Doesn’t mean he won’t play lights out now that the games are for real, but I’m not entirely confident.
@UnfinishedBusiness I sure hope Knight will prove he’s the best goalie in this tournament but people keep talking about Askarov like he’s the combined love child of Roy/Brodeur.
Of course as a USA fan I want the US to win Gold but that’s a hellish bracket they will have to go through...

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Very typical Finnish practice game in this tournament - we don't tend to impress that much. This said, the team looks good, disciplined and fast - if we get a hot goalie, we could easily go all the way even if we are not among the top favourites. Considering that we so rarely are among the top favourites we have quite a good record, actually:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad