Olympics: Swimming

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The woman's 4 x 100 relay will be interesting. The USA finished a good 5 meters ahead in their heat. The Australians had a closer finish, but a better time. Everybody else is swimming for the Bronze medal!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
For the men's 4 x 100 relay heat, Australia finished .02 seconds ahead of the US. They were next to each other in Lanes 4 and 5.
I expect that the Final will have the same arrangement of lanes.

The Australians have been yakking at the US team, and Michael Phelps responded.

Be sure to watch!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was watching the synchronized diving. In the 4th round, the divers from China gots 8s when I would have given them 7 or a 6.5.
They were out-of-sync, one landed 3 ft farther away from the board and off to the side. They did not hit the water at the same time. They will win the Gold.

If I can see all if those mistakes on that dive, why can't the judges?

The Australians just had a big miss in the 5th and final round, dropping to 5th place from 3rd. The US gets the Silver, and Great Britain moves up to Bronze.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Was it a great swim? She looked upset and was barely behind the Aussies when she went in. She kept second, and wasn’t able to beat some nobody for first.
She passed the anchor from China. The US was in third place. The Aussie just swam away from the field. The lady from China tried to come back, but Manuel held her off.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
I was watching the synchronized diving. In the 4th round, the divers from China gots 8s when I would have given them 7 or a 6.5.
They were out-of-sync, one landed 3 ft farther away from the board and off to the side. They did not hit the water at the same time. They will win the Gold.

If I can see all if those mistakes on that dive, why can't the judges?

The Australians just had a big miss in the 5th and final round, dropping to 5th place from 3rd. The US gets the Silver, and Great Britain moves up to Bronze.
Judges in this sport often seem to forget the meaning of the word "synchronized"

Reactions: adsfan

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Holy **** that record by the chinese.

I know what Marchand is doing is incredible but that WR is the moment of the swimming competition so far, jesus christ
What are the chances they find in two years that he’s fully doped up? All the swimmers have been clocking slower times because it’s been shown that the pool they’re using swims slower. Only WR so far.

They ban all the Russians, Vasya, but the Chinese who’ve been cheating in swimming for years are somehow allowed to compete.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
What are the chances they find in two years that he’s fully doped up? All the swimmers have been clocking slower times because it’s been shown that the pool they’re using swims slower. Only WR so far.

They ban all the Russians, Vasya, but the Chinese who’ve been cheating in swimming for years are somehow allowed to compete.

Was he one of the Chinese swimmers who got banned for doping? Taking the Chinese times with a pinch of salt.
All of these athletes dope, chinese, russian, american, italian, french or australian.
Regardless you can see the natural talent where it is, like Marchand or the canadian Summer. It's special.
What the chinese did yesterday is special, even if he tests positive in one week or in a year.
I don't think he was in the list of 23 swimmers that tested positive.

Anyways, I agree it is very hypocritical what they did with Russia, but as I said a few years ago when they "caught" the systematic Russian doping, it was an excuse to hit on Russia for other politic reasons

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
All of these athletes dope, chinese, russian, american, italian, french or australian.
Regardless you can see the natural talent where it is, like Marchand or the canadian Summer. It's special.
What the chinese did yesterday is special, even if he tests positive in one week or in a year.
I don't think he was in the list of 23 swimmers that tested positive.

Anyways, I agree it is very hypocritical what they did with Russia, but as I said a few years ago when they "caught" the systematic Russian doping, it was an excuse to hit on Russia for other politic reasons

I think you have good reasons, leaving aside the doping issue, this ostracism towards Russian athletes who are not allowed to compete has become unbearable. Which instead is allowed to you have understood very well who... it is not clear why according to some different criteria.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm absolutely loving the swimming competiton so far. I'm Canadian, so especially enjoying some of team Canada's success, and Summer McIntosh in particular. Looking forward to more races.

Also - Leon Marchand has been fun to follow obviously, but to me one of the craziest things I've seen in these races so far was Stubblety-Cook from Australia. His come from behind wins are insane. He did lose to Marchand in the final though, but I was certainly on the lookout for a potential comeback

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Marchand and the American guy in their pressers both basically said they felt he was doping without actually saying it. I was surprised by that but I think there's been some trash talking by him the last few days over perceived nasty antics from the Aussie/American swimmers so its possible they're just trying to get in his head

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Marchand and the American guy in their pressers both basically said they felt he was doping without actually saying it. I was surprised by that but I think there's been some trash talking by him the last few days over perceived nasty antics from the Aussie/American swimmers so its possible they're just trying to get in his head
I'll never forget in the 2016 Olympics some 16 year old Chinese girl that no one had ever heard of showed up to the Olympics and set a bunch of world records with almost literally impossible splits and then a few years later disappeared from the sport.

I'm sure there was no doping there.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad