Who is your team's best defensive forward?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Probably Zibanejad . His advanced stats don’t really stand out but that’s because I feel like defensive metrics are heavily weighted by possession and he’s an awful possession player but he’s a good defender, works hard in the defensive zone and makes good defensive plays all the time

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
IMO its Marner
Considered him for sure, but went with kampf bc he is so important on defensive faceoffs. Just my opinion, but I feel like anyone in the ‘best defensive forward’ category needs to be a centre given the responsibility of the position. But yeah, Marner is probably next on my list.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
For LA it's still Kopitar, even at 36 he's one of the better defensive centers. Byfield is underrated too. (it's what LA as a team encourages).

Reactions: Coffees

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Not sure who it would be on the Canucks, Elias Pettersson or Dakota Joshua I think

Okay now your guys turn, feel free to talk about upcoming two way players or unsung heros of your team as well
2 years ago maybe. Now it’s JT Miller. He’s the one always getting the tough matchups.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Mikael Backlund gets some of the toughest matchups year in year out and still puts up Bergeron-like possession numbers. Coleman is pretty damn good too.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The one Bruin player that everybody loves regardless of what team you cheer for:

fgwcaicp7xrb802tww1d

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
A couple of years ago I would have said Elias Lindholm. Now it's definitely Mikael Backlund.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Blues

It's probably Buchnevich, but Thomas is right there and I'd throw Saad into the mix as well.
Saad has always had excellent awareness also Thomas will be the best two way forward next year no doubt. Dudes got the right mentality

Mikael Backlund gets some of the toughest matchups year in year out and still puts up Bergeron-like possession numbers. Coleman is pretty damn good too.
both these players are absolutely perfect for the rebuild to bring up the future Flames.

Already a great ground work for the Flames when you throw in the prospect pipeline from the backend

Reactions: HighNote

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We have a lot of turnover in the bottom 6 but of players that were on the team last year and still are this year, it might just be Zach Benson. Either him or Greenway.
That you might pick Greenway as your best defensive forward tells me why the Sabres always seem be less than the sum of their parts. I thought Cozens was decent defensively? Greenway was out of shape, lazy, and inconsistent for MN.

For MN, it's easy. JEE all day long. Could be better on FO's... that's about it. I mean, if he had better speed he could cover McDavid and Mackinnon better, but those are two of the fastest players in the history of the game.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Teuvo Teravainen right now, though the obvious hope is that Moore grows into the role of a Kesler-esque 2C.

Reactions: Crow and Coffees

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad