U18: Sweden 2025 U18 Team

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
RDS and TNS will provide full coverage of the Hlnika tourney, so if something doesnt go wrong we should be able to see our games. Maybe Svenskhockey gets the rights too.. Btw if anyone want i have found a site where you can see many many different streaming sites links. Both sports, movies and tv-channels.

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Hope he's not injured again.. maybe Hävelid wants him with the U20, Plymouth will be played at the same time as Hlinka. As long he's not injured it fine, though i really want to see him in the NT shirt. Been a whole year since ffs.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Hope he's not injured again.. maybe Hävelid wants him with the U20, Plymouth will be played at the same time as Hlinka. As long he's not injured it fine, though i really want to see him in the NT shirt. Been a whole year since ffs.
Here's hoping. The decision to not have him on the U20 team to start with is dumb, he's quite easily the best U19 player Sweden has.

Reactions: erikhamren

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Still no update on U20 team, so i guess he wont be going there neither. If this all is related to his injury is for the best that he pass NT call ups for this time. Best for him to recover and relax until the season starts in 1 half months.

Klingsell - Gästrin - Ihs-Wozniak
Ekberg - Björck - Drott
Stenberg - Nilson - Novotny
Jennersjö - Anderberg - Laksonen

Sjöström - Boumedienne
Hallin - Annborn
Håkansson - Funck
Bröngel-Larsson

Härenstam

Will update it when the final roster is out but this team is stacked and should have a good chance to win it all

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Yup, as he should be:

10 - JIW
11 - Viggo Björck
12 - Skarby
2 - Annborn
3 - Hallin
13 - Klingsell
14 - Nilson
15 - Stenberg
4 - Sascha
5 - Sjöström
16 - Drott
17 - Gästrin
18 - Ekberg
6 - Wahlund
8 - Söderberg
19 - Krantz
20 - Stockselius
21 - Jonas Lagerberg Hoen
7 - Alfred Persson
9 - Funck
Where'd you get this from?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
was hoping to see updated height/weight by Swehockey when they published their roster/PDF, but some of these values are really old (or the same as before the camp/testing etc). Hmmz.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I was looking at the depth of the Swedish 07's, which is pretty impressive IMO. So, players not on this team (I probably forgot a handful)

--------------------
INJURED
--------------------
D
Karl Annborn

F
Anton Frondell

--------------------
CUT FROM CAMP
--------------------
G
Gustav Fägerholt
Måns Goos
Ludvig Gromell
Hugo Severgårdh

D
Linus Funck
Vilmer Hagelin
Sigge Holmgren
William Håkansson
Erik Häggblad
Rocky Langvardt
Alfred Persson
Ludvig Söderberg

F
Morgan Anderberg
Casper Juustovaara
Loke Krantz
Philip Larsson
William Morin
Melvin Novotny
Theo Sonestedt
Theo Stockselius
Leo Sundqvist
Theo Östberg
Hugo Östberg

--------------------
DID NOT MAKE CAMP ROSTER
--------------------
G
William Forsberg
Anton Ringquist
Markus Skröder

D
Aron Dahlqvist
Axel Elofsson -08
Felix Färhammar
Lucas Grahn
Liam Pettersson
Theodor Hallquisth

F
Liam Andersson
Noa Bräutigam
Milton Carpenhammar
Sebastian Dahlqvist
Elias Eriksson
Viktor Hedlund
Elton Hermansson -08
Oscar Holmertz -08
Nils Håkansson
Albin Laksonen
Noah Pettersson Askling
Oscar Pöyliö
Harry Styf
Filip Thorling
Tim Tuzin
Vincent Wedin
Ruben Westerling

A pretty damn strong B team could have been formed using all rejects :)

fan1977

Jul 18, 2022
Any tips on how to see the Hlinka matches (swedens matches ). TSN seems only available within Canada.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Starting to think that Axel Brøngel-Larsson may be a better prospect than I give him credit for. No one has really talked/raved about him before, but looks much more than a depth guy and plays with the kind of authority you see from leading defensemen. Will follow his progress closely this season.

Malte Vass was giving me some Gabriel Eliasson vibes vs Slovakia, although a much better skater.

Adding Novotny to the team means some additional creativity. He was, however, pretty mediocre last season with the u17 NT, so here’s hoping he has improved.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Can someone explain to me why Klingsell spent the majority of the season in U18 instead of U20? It is puzzling to me so there must be some nuance that I’m missing? I don’t ever recall a projected first round prospect playing anything but U20 or SHL or Allsvenskan.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Can someone explain to me why Klingsell spent the majority of the season in U18 instead of U20? It is puzzling to me so there must be some nuance that I’m missing? I don’t ever recall a projected first round prospect playing anything but U20 or SHL or Allsvenskan.

While he certainly was good enough for full time U20 play (most of the U17 national team players last season would have been), Skellefteå had a pretty deep team, so he would not see any top line duty, little time on special teams etc. So, I am guessing they kept him mostly with the U18 team... giving him tons of ice-time and having a leading role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad