Confirmed with Link: Suter signs 1 year

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Nothing like tossing another road block for young defensemen to overcome like signing a 39 year old defensemen who is still being paid on buyouts from 2 different teams. Nothing like trying to improve our team speed on the back end by signing a guy turning 40 in January.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
will-ferrell-we-are-laughing.gif

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This offseason may just start getting more interesting.

Parayko
Faulk
Kessel
Leddy
Krug
POJ
Peru
Tucker
Suter

That's 9 NHL dman on 1 way deals. Army is up to something I feel.
Must be something really smart. Maybe Army will pull out his head out of arse.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Weird, the only way this could possibly make sense is if Krug is gone one way or another

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Umm… Weren’t there rumors of him being disgruntled in Minnesota and not very good in the locker room? I’m pretty confident I read that from a credible writer when they bought him out. Given that we are a re-tooling team that isn’t expected to be very good, I can’t say I’m super excited about adding this guy to our room. Not to mention his age.

Now, if this means a Krug trade is coming then whatever, I guess I’ll be fine with it. But certainly something has to be budging soon and somebody will be getting moved out. Otherwise this doesn’t make sense.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Put me in the "This is weird, wtf!?!?" camp. He looked washed last year. Like, still a 3rd pairing guy, but on the way down.

I'm more concerned about the rumors of attitude issues and if that will infect our young D (ie Kessel). If we moved Hayes because we want guys who play the right way, why bring in Suter with rumors he was a problem. Hopefully the Blues vetted those. I'd would have assumed we did last year, but Hayes had rumors and we paid a high price to get rid of him.

If Krug gets traded though, all is forgiven, and I love this move. I'd love bringing MacInnis out of retirement at 60 if it meant we could trade Krug.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I can't stop laughing but if this somehow is being done so we get Krug out of the STL, all I can say is Thank You Army!

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Nothing like tossing another road block for young defensemen to overcome like signing a 39 year old defensemen who is still being paid on buyouts from 2 different teams. Nothing like trying to improve our team speed on the back end by signing a guy turning 40 in January.
There's not really any young Defenseman who will be ready for the NHL this season. If anyone is getting Blocked it's Perunovich and Tucker.... and let's be real, if either of them never play another game for the Blues we aren't missing much.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
There’s got to be a trade coming.

I said it in another thread just now, even for that small amount of money for a single season, I hate this signing.

We’re stuck with him this year, this isn’t going to be a situation of “well maybe he’ll have a good year and we can flip him for a pick at the deadline.” Suter has really fallen off, he’s definitely not going to win a race out there, and I think we’ll see even more of the reasons why the Stars and Wild have bought him out.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
There's not really any young Defenseman who will be ready for the NHL this season. If anyone is getting Blocked it's Perunovich and Tucker.... and let's be real, if either of them never play another game for the Blues we aren't missing much.

We just signed Joseph. He's worth seeing if there is anything there over Suter. I don't think Suter is signing a performance laced bonus with a non-contender if we can't promise him a decent shot at ice time, or unless absolutely nobody else wanted him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Memento and mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad