AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If a magic genie came up to me and said in order for world peace, I'd have to carve out a 10 year wrestling career, I'd definitely study those 2 + the Miz.
The Miz has been so incredibly steady and safe, and still stays relevant. It's the promo work he did on his come up I think. He got so incredibly over as the top heel up against SuperCena, and rode that heat for years and years.

Bringing it back to an AEW thread, Okada has been playing possum in AEW. He hasn't done anything yet imo. Then you look at a guy like Ospreay who has come in and put on nothing but 10/10 matches and promos. Okada can certainly deliver in the ring, we just haven't seen him go for it yet. I'll throw Jay White into that boat as well. GIVE ME MORE

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anna Jay is going to be in Stardom’s 5-Star Grand Prix. That will be great for her.

Reactions: Fro

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Didn't like Darby winning...he just won a TNT shot Wednesday now he wins a World title shot two days later? Very odd

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Okay. I get what Tony sees in Hologram now. He’s in that Ospreay/Ricochet/Fenix group, but perhaps more explosive than all of them.

Really strong debut for MXM Collection. They won’t be on ROH for long.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I didn't even know that Battle of the Belts XI was on tonight. I don't think it was mentioned during the last Dynamite episode. Anyway - here are the results:

GTd-qn1XoAA8oy2.jpg

- AEW Women’s World Title Eliminator Match – Toni Storm defeated Taya Valkyrie

- CMLL World Women’s Title Eliminator Match – Willow Nightingale (c) defeated Deonna Purrazzo

- ROH World Six Man Tag Team Title Match – Dustin Rhodes & The Von Erichs (Marshall & Ross von Erich) (w/ Kevin von Erich) defeated The Undisputed Kingdom (Matt Taven, Mike Bennett & Roderick Strong)

EDIT: Found this clip on another site:

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Speaking of shots, Brandon Cutler taking a guitar shot through the head took me off guard, even if it's some soft fake exploding one or something.

With Darby having a title shot 2 months in advance at Grand Slam in September, is he going to win? It feels right timing for a title change if it's still Swerve, while Danielson is less likely as his reign would only be a month, but I guess after getting All In moment like Saraya he could put someone over relatively quickly. But they usually save title changes like that for PPV.

Or more likely, they just liked the idea of the double rings for a royal rumble match for future title shot and someone had to win.

Last edited:

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I liked the idea of Battle of the Belts just being a semi annual thing where they do 3 title matches in a row. They certainly have enough titles that they could've just done a show where Okada, the Young Bucks and Mone defend against someone. I'm not sure what the point of it is if they're just going to book it like a Rampage.

Reactions: SnS

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I think Beast Mortos needs a father.

Maybe Christian Cage can do him the honor and take him in and maybe rename him. Him and Killswitch can be a tag team called "Unprettier."

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Opening segment/match was fantastic. Lance Archer should be what Wardlow could have been. He's better in every single way. Love Fletcher getting some love. Crop top aside, dude should be in some sort of AEW title program. Ospreay continues to be the best of the promotion.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Another great show. Wasn't feeling the opening promo personally. Felt like MJF and Ospreay both kinda had a rare miss on that one. Fletcher was great though.

Archer/Ospreay was great as they always are. Stat/Willow was solid although not nearly as good as their Owen match. Loved the main event. Thank god Darby wasn't on top of anything when the lights went out.

Beast Mortos with a GIGANTIC W WOOOOOO

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Toni has grabbed this gimmick by the balls, man. It’s crazy.

I would never have expected her to be this good after watching her in the WWE.
Yep. I liked it when she first started. I disliked it for a while. I love it now. I think much of my appreciation right now is because she has a great foe... Mariah May has been fantastic.

AEW women's program is really good right now. Will be even better when Hayter comes back (Wembley?) and later Hart returns?

Reactions: Fro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Opening segment/match was fantastic. Lance Archer should be what Wardlow could have been. He's better in every single way. Love Fletcher getting some love. Crop top aside, dude should be in some sort of AEW title program. Ospreay continues to be the best of the promotion.
Lance Archer and Brody King are the two best monsters in the business but ppl don’t want to hear that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad