NFL GDT: Super Bowl LVIII: (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs vs. (NFC) San Francisco 49ers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KC vs SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Sounds like an issue with the SF practice facility at UNLV. Sod field late down in late Jan vs a few weeks earlier in December (or at least after UNLV was done their bowl game). Normally a turf field, but Sod was late down last week for it.

I assume for all of the host cities, like AZ, Hou, NO, TB, Mia, etc. the designated home team gets the NFL practice facility, while the road team gets the best college facility closest to the stadium. NO and LSU and AZ with either ASU or Arizona.

Bad look on the NFL for the delay in having the turf ready.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Can somebody explain why the chiefs are considered the home team?

I mean I was under the assumption the better record would have home field

I’ve tried to search it and nobody has explained it. They just say “the chiefs are the home team” but zero explanation in the article or videos.

And I mean that is coming with MASSIVE advantages so far as they get the raiders facility which the home team gets.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can somebody explain why the chiefs are considered the home team?

I mean I was under the assumption the better record would have home field

I’ve tried to search it and nobody has explained it. They just say “the chiefs are the home team” but zero explanation in the article or videos.

And I mean that is coming with MASSIVE advantages so far as they get the raiders facility which the home team gets.
It is a rotation

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It is a rotation
Home team gets to decide on the uniforms that they want to wear. Denver was home team vs Sea and Car in their last 2 trips to SB. Wore Orange for SEA but opted for white vs CAR because they knew CAR preferred to wear white as well. NE was also notorious for opting to wear white after their 2 SB losses to NYG.

The other thing the home team gets from the sounds of it is access to the NFL team's home facilities. While the road team has to likely get the best college facilities that is the closest, which is what is happening with SF at UNLV's facilities.

Could they have 1 team do morning and the other do afternoon practice? Sure. but there is also needing meeting rooms, treatment areas, gym, etc. So, to keep 2 teams separated all of the time, probably not something the NFL wants to do.

But, they seemed to have dropped the ball on the UNLV facilities grass field that was installed like 3 weeks later than it should have for some reason. UNLV would not have played in a bowl game in 2024, so their facility should have been available to the NFL weeks ago to setup the way that they wanted.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Not really though. 1 team practicing in a climate controlled indoor facility while the other practices outside in the rain is a legitimate gripe

Not a legitimate gripe at all lol, didn't hear the Chiefs whine about not having the home team practice facilities last year. 49ers don't like it maybe they should make the SB next year so they can be the "home team." Or they could've beaten the Eagles last year.

RR44

Jan 29, 2024

Not a legitimate gripe at all lol, didn't hear the Chiefs whine about not having the home team practice facilities last year. 49ers don't like it maybe they should make the SB next year so they can be the "home team." Or they could've beaten the Eagles last year.
There's no whining going on from San Francisco, they've simply said the practice field was not up to standard. The NFL put in the sod field on top of the field turf at UNLV and only started laying it down last week in January it appears. This despite the NFL requires Super Bowl practice fields to meet certain standards in December.

If it were the Chiefs, they'd say the same thing.

Reactions: Peat

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
49ers already looking for excuses
Which is exactly the narrative Liar Goddell intended to create instead of owning the fact the he and his league shit the bed.

Those union members Goddell said approved the field actually said it sucks, but I guess lying only matters when it’s about the Saints/bountygate, right.

Reactions: Peat

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Mahomes Sr. looks like The Golden Voice Guy.
He looks like an addict that’s been enabled because of who he and his son are.

There's no whining going on from San Francisco, they've simply said the practice field was not up to standard. The NFL put in the sod field on top of the field turf at UNLV and only started laying it down last week in January it appears. This despite the NFL requires Super Bowl practice fields to meet certain standards in December.

If it were the Chiefs, they'd say the same thing.
The idiots ‘forgot’ to put down the plastic layer between the ground and turf which is why it’s so soft.

Reactions: RR44

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Some people at the bar this evening said that Taylor Swift should be on the Chiefs sideline during the Super Bowl game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad