Transfer: Summer Transfers and Rumors Discussion - Part III

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kamara's salary is insane.
60M pounds over 5 years.
He was making 250k/month at OM.
So no CL for him next year but a chance to be good enough on a mid table team that big EPL teams will make offers in a couple of years.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
If he likely wanted to go, they likely would let him go as he's been a very good servant. His contract is up next summer, and taking 30 would be less than I'd want, but would not be shocking.

They could just let him play out his final year and walk. Unless Liverpool needs the money for another spend, he's more valuable to compete for the PL & CL than the 30.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Has't this rumour been on ad off for the last couple of years?

It has, but more the timing right now. Yesterday the Mane rumor and now this today. You can easily make it up just for the story of course, but it would also make sense. Thing is, Dembele and his agents are looking for a pay day as well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just like that Braaf is going to BVB instead of the pill pushers.
From what I've read, this guy is the equivalent of a first round pick that drops to the 4th or 5th round because of big questions with his attitude and injuries. He reportedly told Fernandinho to f*** off at one point during his time at City, which doesn't seem so bad, but a big deal was made over it. He also missed all of last season due to injury.

Kehl said he's going to start with the U23's, and if all goes well, he'll move into the first team. Good signing, although only for three years, so the risk is recognized. If he can stay fit and get his attitude in check, having Gittens and Braaf as wingers will be great. And both acquired for almost nothing from City, like Sancho.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I've read a lot in recent months how Conte wants to sign McKennie. I don't know what to think about it as a US fan. I think Spurs could be better this season than Juventus, but what happens when Conte leaves? If Conte was to stay at Spurs for a long time, I'd like the idea, but I think Juventus is a little more of a known quantity than Spurs over the long-term.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Spurs need to find a buyer for Reguilon. Perisic and Sessegnon are good enough at LWB to do the job. Use the funds to sell him, 25M, along with a sale of Roden for around 15M and you got more than half what it should cost to sign Bastoni.

Think they should go all on in Inter and try to buy Barella as well. If you sell Winks for 25M and Ndombele for 30M that is 2/3 what he would cost. Then all you need to do is decide if Royal and Doherty are good enough on the right then see what you get for Bergwin and Gil then replace if necessary. I think they should go younger and cheaper with guys like Spence, Johnson and Lewis-Potter.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Just Timber and Nunez would be a good window. Add in a midfielder and it’s great window. Don’t think the fullbacks are necessary this window.

For clarification purposes, he wants those 4 signings on top of Timber and Nunez so 6 signings total.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs need to find a buyer for Reguilon. Perisic and Sessegnon are good enough at LWB to do the job. Use the funds to sell him, 25M, along with a sale of Roden for around 15M and you got more than half what it should cost to sign Bastoni.

Think they should go all on in Inter and try to buy Barella as well. If you sell Winks for 25M and Ndombele for 30M that is 2/3 what he would cost. Then all you need to do is decide if Royal and Doherty are good enough on the right then see what you get for Bergwin and Gil then replace if necessary. I think they should go younger and cheaper with guys like Spence, Johnson and Lewis-Potter.
Barella isn't moving.

Nobody is paying anywhere near 30M for Ndombele. Might even have negative value.

No reason to sell Gil really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad