Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Kaiky is linked to UD Almeria for 7M, but Barcelona has clause where they can match any offer for the player. Think Barça will work something out with Almeria here and eventually bring him to Barcelona down the road.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

we know. this same thing has been posted 18 times. Next Barcelona will only be willing to pay for part of it, people will make fun of their finances, FdJ will want to stay at Barcelona, FdJ will be asked to take a wage cut if he wants to stay at Barcelona, rinse and repeat

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If you think Barca haven't created this mess with de Jong, you're biased.
Yeah that’s why guy showed up to training happy today. I think the false narrative you’ve created in your head is wrong. If Man United offered a good fee this would be done on the spot. Instead they’re trying to leverage the situation and offer a lower fee and try to get the player to force the deal through. Except that’s not happening because the player doesn’t want to leave, ultimately they have to go through the club to get the player, and they don’t want to pay enough to make it happen immediately.

That’s what’s happening and everyone thinking clearly sees it that way.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The other part it seems like fans forget sometimes. A club does not have to sell players to you. They can tell your team to f*** off or string them along for months if they want to. It’s their player.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

With Arnold and Murtough in Barcelona, MAYBE something will finally happen with this...

Bro no one cares. You’ve posted the same update 5 times a day for a month. For the love of Christ post something when there’s an actual development.

Reactions: Evilo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
And the player doesn't have to leave or lower his salary either.
If a big club was after him he'd be gone.
Yeah. Any successful team wouldn’t negotiate this like United though. They think it’s still 2010 and they can throw their dick around and make the other team comply. Except it isn’t. They need to pay up or move to plan b.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Far from excusing the spamming that has occurred in these transfer threads regarding De Jong, there is still something to be ironed out. I'm curious how the supposed meeting with Xavi goes. I wonder if De Jong is told he doesn't fit into the team's plans and they need to transfer him if he'll be inclined to leave. It's his choice of course, but I would think being told that he would make the decision to go. In fact, I'd be surprised if he does stay on the same wages. I would think he would agree some sort of deal ala Umtiti where the money gets spread out over a longer term contract extension thus meaning he's taking a wage cut in the long term. Anyway, if United really wanted him they'd probably stump up the cash whatever it'd take.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
In other news, Trincao is in Lisbon and he was wearing green. Sounds like it'll be 10 million from Sporting for 50% of his rights as reported, but if they sell him Barça will get half. Also though, Barça reportedly will retain a buyout option for the next three seasons which gradually goes up to 20 million by the final season. I will be very curious to see how his season goes and if he garners a lot of interest next Summer.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- Leipzig are pursuing Lucas Gourna-Douath.
- After missing out on Fulgini, Gladbach are switching targets to Denis Bouanga.
- While Embolo to Monaco continues to build steam.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s still Mickey Mouse. If he’s owed pandemic deferred money, then have United pay it. It’s not like it couldn't be linked to bonuses or whatever. You either want the player or you don’t. He’s not going to force a move.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah that’s why guy showed up to training happy today. I think the false narrative you’ve created in your head is wrong. If Man United offered a good fee this would be done on the spot. Instead they’re trying to leverage the situation and offer a lower fee and try to get the player to force the deal through. Except that’s not happening because the player doesn’t want to leave, ultimately they have to go through the club to get the player, and they don’t want to pay enough to make it happen immediately.

That’s what’s happening and everyone thinking clearly sees it that way.
Lewandowsky will show up for Bayern training despite wanting a move to Barcelona.

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad