Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
What have I been saying!!! These coaches have got these players developing at a rate we have never seen in years. The defensive awareness have given teams limited scoring opportunities and have frustrated them on the PP. Don't mind seeing them grind out wins in this fashion. Low scoring tight checking games. I'm curious how the opposition coaches must think when they play us now. Never have they seen a Sudbury team playing this style. For years they have had their way in our zone. To date those games are far and few between.

As for the goalies they finally have support from their forwards and that is limiting scoring chances or breaking up plays in the red zone area. Can't be happier with the development and style these young players are learning. Clayton, Henderson, Dean and Doucet are quite young. This experience will translate into very strong vet players.

So much to look forward to this season. I wish the fans will come out and support this young and exciting team. Including the bench bosses who are constantly engaged in the game.

Musty who!!!

WJ

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Seriously, with each passing game the error of Musty's decision grows. These boys are disciplined, dedicated, playing 200 ft., and working as a team. It really is a breath of fresh air, and any fan will be pleased with the season, regardless of finish, if they keep playing this way. Love it.

Last edited:

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
I still can’t get over the play coming from Coughlan. 8 goals already this year, and hasn’t taken many stupid penalties. Yesterday after getting punched by Ride, saw the arm was up and was just laughing while they brought the North Bay player to the box. Not sure what changed with him but he’s been impactful in a way I didn’t expect!

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
I still can’t get over the play coming from Coughlan. 8 goals already this year, and hasn’t taken many stupid penalties. Yesterday after getting punched by Ride, saw the arm was up and was just laughing while they brought the North Bay player to the box. Not sure what changed with him but he’s been impactful in a way I didn’t expect!
IMO, he has matured more both physically and mentally. Physically it has helped him with the scoring and the mental side of it he’s thinking more before he acts. Obviously nobody is perfect, so I still expect that he will have lapses and take the odd dumb penalty, but I too have been blown away with the strides he has made so far over the course of this past summer.

Also kudos to the coaching staff as they appear to be having a wildly good impact on this team!!

GO WOLVES GO!!

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
IMO, he has matured more both physically and mentally. Physically it has helped him with the scoring and the mental side of it he’s thinking more before he acts. Obviously nobody is perfect, so I still expect that he will have lapses and take the odd dumb penalty, but I too have been blown away with the strides he has made so far over the course of this past summer.

Also kudos to the coaching staff as they appear to be having a wildly good impact on this team!!

GO WOLVES GO!!
When CG attended Main Camp late summer his skating was noticeably better and at a higher level. He obviously put the work in during the off season. Congrats Chase!!

When CG attended Main Camp late summer his skating was noticeably better and at a higher level. He obviously put the work in during the off season. Congrats Chase!!
*CC

Reactions: Wolfie

Wolfie

Nov 3, 2023
With his great play on the ice and his role in the next season of Shoresy, i'm thinking Coughlan is going to be a fan favourite.

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad