Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The longer this stretches out, the possibility more high end players enter the market bringing prices down.
Will Brantford actually go all in on a rental or two or will they look to next year? If it’s next year, will Lardis hit the market? As teams decide “who they are”, there could be a saturation.

This may have been the logic behind the Rangers moving Rehkopf when they did.

I just don’t think the wolves and wolves fans should expect a fair offer be an overpayment. tI think the Rangers just thought they received an offer to good to refuse. If you’re looking for picks, and offered 10 including 2,3 from the team certain to finish last for the next draft …
With Hamara and Jiricek, Brantford almost has to take their shot at winning now..

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I just don’t think the wolves and wolves fans should expect a fair offer be an overpayment. tI think the Rangers just thought they received an offer to good to refuse. If you’re looking for picks, and offered 10 including 2,3 from the team certain to finish last for the next draft …
With Hamara and Jiricek, Brantford almost has to take their shot at winning now..
I think they should too. If you’re looking at next year as well, picking up a couple players who they “know” will be here next year as well makes a lot of sense.

I put the word know in quotations because of my earlier theory of trading for Andonovski expecting two years out of him.

But along with that, if there’s a team out there who looks to be in a rebuild, and is looking at contending two years from now, might make any high end 06 they have available.

The Bulldogs have a history of selling off their first round pick in these instances. But if they’re all in on this year and next, they may feel O’Donnell is a valuable part of next year‘s team and he might not be on the table. Luckily for them, though, they have a ton of picks to improve this year’s team, and next year‘s first round pick could be sacrificed for next year‘s “all in”.

But regarding Musty and Brantford. If Brantford is in a two year contention mode, I don’t see them sacrificing a ton of assets for a rental this year. But you never know.

Reactions: tjziel

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think they should too. If you’re looking at next year as well, picking up a couple players who they “know” will be here next year as well makes a lot of sense.

I put the word know in quotations because of my earlier theory of trading for Andonovski expecting two years out of him.

But along with that, if there’s a team out there who looks to be in a rebuild, and is looking at contending two years from now, might make any high end 06 they have available.

The Bulldogs have a history of selling off their first round pick in these instances. But if they’re all in on this year and next, they may feel O’Donnell is a valuable part of next year‘s team and he might not be on the table. Luckily for them, though, they have a ton of picks to improve this year’s team, and next year‘s first round pick could be sacrificed for next year‘s “all in”.

But regarding Musty and Brantford. If Brantford is in a two year contention mode, I don’t see them sacrificing a ton of assets for a rental this year. But you never know.

Andonovski as a 2-yr player is a real stretch. Conditions could be part of a deal though.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Andonovski as a 2-yr player is a real stretch. Conditions could be part of a deal though.
True. But, being that he’s an Ottawa draft pick, they can arrange for him to play his OA season.

It’s not unheard of for an NHL fifth rounder, signed, or not, to play an OA season.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
True. But, being that he’s an Ottawa draft pick, they can arrange for him to play his OA season.

It’s not unheard of for an NHL fifth rounder, signed, or not, to play an OA season.

Andonovski was a steal in the 5th, arguably the top OHL D available this season. I would not be too surprised by an OA, but the decision will mostly be based on his ability to play in the AHL.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
This is good news! Now lets get an import to report and the Musty deal done sooner rather than later so we can concentrate on who is wanting to be here.

WJ
Not sure if this has been said here but London has the rights to Gleb Semyonov, a 17 year old import that is dealing with visa delays at the moment. When London drafted him they said he was a little unknown to some teams but has potential to be selected in the upcoming nhl draft. If Sudbury is looking for a young import and Musty has London on his list, this could be holding up the deal.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Not sure if this has been said here but London has the rights to Gleb Semyonov, a 17 year old import that is dealing with visa delays at the moment. When London drafted him they said he was a little unknown to some teams but has potential to be selected in the upcoming nhl draft. If Sudbury is looking for a young import and Musty has London on his list, this could be holding up the deal.
Can’t trade imports in first year unless you have three on your team. I think..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad