Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
At 6’ 5” tall and 210lbs, I would love to see Mr. Walton straight line the puck directly to the opposition net. IMO needs to be imposing. Talent is obvious but it’s gonna be a looooong year watching him dance around the perimeter…

Wow what a game by Finn Marshall! I am officially a BIG fan of his. I only started following the Wolves closely last year and I don't think we had a single shut out. This kid is special.

1728617659926.png

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
The idea that Musty can play in Europe is worrisome Can someone verify this?..
I like the play of making a statement suggesting Wolves will only make a deal that significantly helps the organization...BUT if Musty up and goes to Europe to play we're stuck with nothing in return.
If Musty wants to play closer to home Europe won't happen. If it does and we get nothing I really couldn't care a less. I wouldn't move him for less than what he is worth in the OHL. So however that works and however long it takes I support our GM in this debacle.

WJ

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
If Musty wants to play closer to home Europe won't happen. If it does and we get nothing I really couldn't care a less. I wouldn't move him for less than what he is worth in the OHL. So however that works and however long it takes I support our GM in this debacle.

WJ
WOW very interesting train of thought 🤮

Reactions: dirty12

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I agree with him. I have a big issue with players that demand to be traded and quit the team until it happens. Even worse are those who demand to be traded to a particular team/teams. In situations like this the return is often a lot my lower than the return on a player who is traded under normal circumstances. I think the league needs to have oversight in situations like this to ensure teams get full value for their player.

Reactions: cub

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I know my train of thought won't sit will with some but I guess I'm entitled to my opinion. If the player reported and asked to be moved closer to deadline I would have no problem with that. But this nonsense he or his advisors are pulling off is simply entitlement to me.

WJ

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Only 2 games. OHL continues to not take head injuries and the dirty plays that cause them seriously.
It was an unnecessary shot at the boards.
Donovan had concussion signs as he got up so I think it’s smart to keep him out the weekend. He did however seem fine in the media box after being treated.
I had a weird angle but I wasn’t sure if he got his head off the dasher or the glass itself.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I agree with him. I have a big issue with players that demand to be traded and quit the team until it happens. Even worse are those who demand to be traded to a particular team/teams. In situations like this the return is often a lot my lower than the return on a player who is traded under normal circumstances. I think the league needs to have oversight in situations like this to ensure teams get full value for their player.
I disagree with the suggestion that take less value just to get rid of him, is that how you build for the future?

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I know my train of thought won't sit will with some but I guess I'm entitled to my opinion. If the player reported and asked to be moved closer to deadline I would have no problem with that. But this nonsense he or his advisors are pulling off is simply entitlement to me.

WJ
That is not how you build for the future moving him for less value just to get rid of him

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
That is not how you build for the future moving him for less value just to get rid of him
Looking at it with a wider lens, its more about integrity. I think at the end of the day we will never get the value he holds in this circumstance. But moving forward I think it will benefit the Wolves that they won't have future players attempting to take advantage of them. If that makes any sense. At the end of the day I like the direction of the team with the new coaches as it's setting a new culture and it appears the players are buying in and being taught in different aspect on and off the ice as compared to the last couple of years.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Looking at it with a wider lens, its more about integrity. I think at the end of the day we will never get the value he holds in this circumstance. But moving forward I think it will benefit the Wolves that they won't have future players attempting to take advantage of them. If that makes any sense. At the end of the day I like the direction of the team with the new coaches as it's setting a new culture and it appears the players are buying in and being taught in different aspect on and off the ice as compared to the last couple of years.

WJ

Botch this up, agents will do their best to make sure Papineau cannot sign players good enough to dictate where they play

Reactions: djscooter

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Botch this up, agents will do their best to make sure Papineau cannot sign players good enough to dictate where they play
Let’s make no mistake about this situation…this is totally being driving by both player and agent. IMHO I have no issue on moving him as we were not going to let him walk for nothing. I think player and agent should have returned and worked with Paps to move him to the desired team. After 3 years of playing for the Wolves, is that a lot to ask??

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
These comments of putting the teams interest above the players are a bit concerning. It’s like mandating your employees to accept a new policy, sure you have the right to do it but that doesn’t mean it’s the best idea.

If I am a player, I want a team to sell me on the features and benefits that the team will offer me. Musty had many options outside the OHL, I am only speculating, but could the conversation been something around building a championship team around him?

Clearly the playoff success hasn’t lived up to the vision the team had, maybe the kid wants to go on a run and doesn’t see it happening for the Wolves.

The team is not in existence to serve itself, it is to prepare and develop players for the next level. If Musty has other plans a good management team would support that decision and find the best fit for the player.

If you do this right, you get the reputation of being a player centric destination that players want to be apart of.

The picks won’t matter in ten years how you treat people leaving your organization can impact a lifetime.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Let’s make no mistake about this situation…this is totally being driving by both player and agent. IMHO I have no issue on moving him as we were not going to let him walk for nothing. I think player and agent should have returned and worked with Paps to move him to the desired team. After 3 years of playing for the Wolves, is that a lot to ask??

It’s disruptive to Musty, the wolves players, billet …just as well to wait for a trade

Reactions: I Loveallsports

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
It’s disruptive to Musty, the wolves players, billet …just as well to wait for a trade
Agreed. If it was the pros, less of an issue as they're still getting paid. A decent time frame to look at options, without getting taken to the cleaners, is the best solution at the end of the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad