Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Donnie they’re not done making trades. It’s the start of October you think they’ll stand pat when all the other teams around them make more moves? Especially Brampton. They will find someone to play in their top 9. Probably a centre.
The issue Oshawa has only two, 2nds and two, 3rds so they will be limited in making trades unless they are willing to part with more of their younger players. At best if they are willing to trade a couple more younger players they may be able to acquire two good players? Is that enough to compared to the trades that Brampton, Brantford and Kingston could make?

On a side note: I think the conversation about various team’s trades should be done going forward on the trade thread instead of a team’s thread.

Reactions: Wiserbud

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’ve never been that impressed with Molnar. Pitre is a year younger. Is NHL drafted. Doesn’t carry the import tag. Plays a much heavier game and is a more complete player along with having a better PPG than Molnar. Martin is better than Royston too. Lombardi? Better than both.
Molnar will not be the centre piece of a trade for Musty, his import tag might limit his trade value to 4th & 5th picks. But Molnar is actually a pretty good 2-way player that could probably improve almost any team's third line.
Royston has value. He could be a scoring power forward by 19.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOA

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I may be wrong, but I can not see Kingston in the running. They really can not afford t lose a lot of players. I think they could uses picks but as to bodies Not sure.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
I say wait til we can receive a first round pick from the last draft.We should receive an asset that serves the team for the maximum amount of years.Can Musty play in Europe or is he prevented by International hockey federation agreements .

Reactions: cub

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I say wait til we can receive a first round pick from the last draft.We should receive an asset that serves the team for the maximum amount of years.Can Musty play in Europe or is he prevented by International hockey federation agreements .
Good question, I agree we are probably heading to the lottery this year so what is the hurry

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Donnie they’re not done making trades. It’s the start of October you think they’ll stand pat when all the other teams around them make more moves? Especially Brampton. They will find someone to play in their top 9. Probably a centre.
Also of note: along with their deep draft cupboard, and a movable 08 1st rounder, Brantford has two empty import spots. Those could be filled inexpensively to address needs.

They’re in good shape should they decide to go all in this year.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What’s the plan here? I don’t think you’ll get an 08 for Musty. You can get 2 solid young players and picks. Either way that will be a good deal for your wolves

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I don't think the wolves will let Musty longer than he has too. Doesn't benefit them imo. SJ wants him playing ASAP and the wolves want to move on and add to the roster that could use some young fire power.

Reactions: frontsfan67

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
I don't think the wolves will let Musty longer than he has too. Doesn't benefit them imo. SJ wants him playing ASAP and the wolves want to move on and add to the roster that could use some young fire power.
This is why I feel Musty's agent and SJ will work behind the scenes to get a deal done.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
What’s the plan here? I don’t think you’ll get an 08 for Musty. You can get 2 solid young players and picks. Either way that will be a good deal for your wolves
Why not wait it out
This year is at best a round 1 exit in the playoffs.It is simple, trade an elite talent , receive 1 in exchange.

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Also of note: along with their deep draft cupboard, and a movable 08 1st rounder, Brantford has two empty import spots. Those could be filled inexpensively to address needs.

They’re in good shape should they decide to go all in this year.
No information to support this but could Brantford be going for the the Chip next year?

I think they will contend this year but it does really make sense to go “all in” next year.

They have a lot of elite 06 and 07’s. Barrie, Brampton, and Oshawa will also be a little weaker due to graduations next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad