Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
Musty to me never connected with Sudbury or Team, he is a player who is in it for himself.

Talented offensive player but plays no Defence, plus his skating is questionable to get into the NHL.

He reminds me similar with his attitude to McFarland, and you see how far that got him.

We will be a better team without him, with the right assets coming back. Musty feasted on the weaker teams and padded his stats, but never did much when it counted against strong team.
I will never understand an athlete having that much skill and ability and pissing it away with that attitude. Not listening to the people trying to teach them how to become the player they need to become to play in the NHL and make millions doing what they love. Professional sports is littered with players that had the skill, but the attitude killed the career. Baffling.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
an ‘08 to the wolves later is possible but should not be expected.

If Geography is not an issue;
Kingston - McCoy, Musty
Sudbury - Weir, Vellaris, Williamson or Moore, some picks
Have a feeling kingston may not want an individual but if McCoy would be included maybe they consider it

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Imagine for a minute Musty-McNamara/Hopkins-Battaglia; and a 2nd line made up of Meidema-Guindon-Uronen/Soto
Imagine the fact they got rid of Thibodeau, frasca and was looking to trade Miedema all in the summer.

Trust me I’d like musty for the points but I don’t think it’s the right fit for kingston bringing in another individual when they had a problem last year with that.

Another reason why I think flint is the obvious choice is the fact they already brought in Thibodeau- now I like him as a player but I’ve heard some interesting things about him or people involved with him away from the rink

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Think obvious teams would be Erie and flint here.

I would look at flint before Erie personally but musty wants to go to Erie

with flint:
Lombardi, flugins, and a bunch of picks- who says no?

Erie: Molnar, Royston and lots of picks
Who says no??

Imo flints package is way better
Where is this report that Musty wants to go
to Erie?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'd rather imagine a defensive improvement.

I also can't see Sudbury moving Mccoy after naming his captain last week.

Without Musty for the entire season, the wolves are playing for one of the 7-9 spots. I rather McCoy be packaged to receive 2-3 year players rather than picks when he is inevitably dealt at the deadline.
The wolves have ~7 seconds, 7 thirds, 5 fourths, 7 fifths already.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Without Musty for the entire season, the wolves are playing for one of the 7-9 spots. I rather McCoy be packaged to receive 2-3 year players rather than picks when he is inevitably dealt at the deadline.
The wolves have ~7 seconds, 7 thirds, 5 fourths, 7 fifths already.
McCoy makes sense for Kingston

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Imagine the fact they got rid of Thibodeau, frasca and was looking to trade Miedema all in the summer.

Trust me I’d like musty for the points but I don’t think it’s the right fit for kingston bringing in another individual when they had a problem last year with that.

Another reason why I think flint is the obvious choice is the fact they already brought in Thibodeau- now I like him as a player but I’ve heard some interesting things about him or people involved with him away from the rink

Maybe a 6’2” 200 lb, 2pts/game LW is not what Kingston needs, but don’t put I won’t play LW Frasca in a sentence with Musty.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Maybe a 6’2” 200 lb, 2pts/game LW is not what Kingston needs, but don’t put I won’t play LW Frasca in a sentence with Musty.
Not comparing them skill wise but the facts are the facts. Already got rid of 2 tried to get rid of 3. Doesn’t make sense to go and overpay for musty who has that same problem (but is more skilled)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not comparing them skill wise but the facts are the facts. Already got rid of 2 tried to get rid of 3. Doesn’t make sense to go and overpay for musty who has that same problem (but is more skilled)

There are consistency issues in Musty’s game. Frasca and Thibodeau are undrafted players that had poor representation believing they can dictate which positions and lines they would play.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Statement is now on Wolves website

Wow.. so much drama.

"If a deal arises that significantly improves our team, we will consider it. Until then, Quentin remains an important part of the Sudbury Wolves, and he is welcome to join the team at any time."

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I would bet the sharks will chime in on his new location. A place where they feel he can work on his game. Not that he couldn't have done that in the nickel city

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Good riddance, more ice for players who actually want to play as a team. I hope the wolves light Misty up on whatever team he lands with.
.... turns out Papineau is right... we only want gentlemen of character. True colours revealed.

Musty to me never connected with Sudbury or Team, he is a player who is in it for himself.

Talented offensive player but plays no Defence, plus his skating is questionable to get into the NHL.

He reminds me similar with his attitude to McFarland, and you see how far that got him.

We will be a better team without him, with the right assets coming back. Musty feasted on the weaker teams and padded his stats, but never did much when it counted against strong team.
Good (and fair) assessment.

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
Simultaneously certain posters are angry he wants out of town, but they also think he's the worst player to ever suit em up for the Wolves.
Great player, amazing skill set give him Delic’s heart and attitude and wow. I hope for his sake, he can adjust his attitude and learn to be more of a team player because the sky really is limit if that happens.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Wow.. so much drama.

"If a deal arises that significantly improves our team, we will consider it. Until then, Quentin remains an important part of the Sudbury Wolves, and he is welcome to join the team at any time."
wow that’s pretty bad. Musty is acting like a child

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad