Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
That's awful from a timing perspective. If they move him before the season starts, they're are more teams out there that can throw a crap ton of picks into a deal along with a player so that they get fair value. If they move him later, they could get an 08 and picks for him. Moving him now when most of the big trades already happened, and 08's can't move means that it'll be hard to get a proper return for him.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That's awful from a timing perspective. If they move him before the season starts, they're are more teams out there that can throw a crap ton of picks into a deal along with a player so that they get fair value. If they move him later, they could get an 08 and picks for him. Moving him now when most of the big trades already happened, and 08's can't move means that it'll be hard to get a proper return for him.

Barrie and Kingston can use Musty. Erie as well, but I’m not sure Erie can pull it off.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
wonder if this makes them pull out on a Molnar deal. Maybe that was just to give Musty someone to play with and try to make him happy?
Possibly never know, never understood the sit and wait until Nov 1 to make it official like some said.

Depends what you can get for him though. If you get some 17 or 18 year olds you may go through with the deal who knows with RP.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Will be a real test for sure, wasn't thrilled about the Thompson traded a couple years ago. Then felt like he got more when he flipped Holmes a year later. Also he never got to trade Byfield which would have likely been a similar trade to this.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Will be a real test for sure, wasn't thrilled about the Thompson traded a couple years ago. Then felt like he got more when he flipped Holmes a year later. Also he never got to trade Byfield which would have likely been a similar trade to this.
In general his trades are big winners, or big losers, not many trades where you go "Well this was fine"

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Going to be a true test of Papineau capabilities, a defining moment of his career with the wolves in a way

Defining moment for Papineau was last year with the Wolves when they should have been contenders, and he failed. But yes it's a big trade to set the rebuild on the right course.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
You can't mention Musty and Byfield in the same breath. They were not even close. 200 foot players, team player, elite skater, shall I go on..

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Defining moment for Papineau was last year with the Wolves when they should have been contenders, and he failed. But yes it's a big trade to set the rebuild on the right course.
I'd argue that was more Ken MacKenzie's defining momment. That team could have had Conor McDavid on the ice and would have lost out spectacularly. But definitely a team effort of mediocrity between Rob and Ken.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
I'd argue that was more Ken MacKenzie's defining momment. That team could have had Conor McDavid on the ice and would have lost out spectacularly. But definitely a team effort of mediocrity between Rob and Ken.

That's Papineau's coach. Or Dario cheaped out. Both Dario/Paps blew it. In a contending year you get a quality coach. Inexcusable and that falls on Dario/Paps for appointing Ken as head coach.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
wonder if this makes them pull out on a Molnar deal. Maybe that was just to give Musty someone to play with and try to make him happy?

The are players on the wolves for Musty to play with.
Similar to Barlow, Musty wants a change; hopefully, the wolves do as well in a trade as OS did.

He was top 4 in points for the league

#1 pts/game, I think.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Something happened between Wolves training camp, which Musty reported to and played an exhibition game, and end of San Jose camp. San Jose’s brain trust were on the same page as the Wolves, discipline him and break the bad habits. Musty’s camp must not have liked that. If he doesn’t change his game, his NHL career is on the line.
The return Papineau should get here should be close to the Barlow trade because Barlow is a better player right now. Erie could be a trade partner here since it’s very unlikely the Wolves trade him within the Eastern Conference.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The are players on the wolves for Musty to play with.
Similar to Barlow, Musty wants a change; hopefully, the wolves do as well in a trade as OS did.
They better. It's a 1st overall pick to the O and 1st round pick to the NHL we're talking about. Most points of any '05 OHL player by double digits.

I get that Barlow trade request, that OS team is going to be very bad this season outside of Smith/George. I don't get the Musty one as Sudbury isn't bad and he can play with Villenueve/Walton who are both good and have pieces like McCoy/DeAngelis on D who are also both legit.

Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad