Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
With Musty requesting out I'm now changing my tune and do not think that the Wolves should buy this season.

Like others, I have had concerns about character as well.

Trade him for 07's and picks. Hopkins in Kingston would be nice if that's available.

We have good OA's this year. Keep them until the deadline to lead and keep team afloat - trade 1 or 2 of them to contenders.

Add Molnar if it's for cheap - this team needs offence and someone to shelter the younger players.

Keep Pharand as an OA for next year - likely the captain. The other options are Coughlan, DiGiantomasso, Ewles, Krawchuk.

Trade Walton & Villeneuve next season for 07's and 08's.

Build this team around 07's and 08's to compete in 2026-27 season. Will have plenty of picks along the way.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
They better. It's a 1st overall pick to the O and 1st round pick to the NHL we're talking about. Most points of any '05 OHL player by double digits.

I get that Barlow trade request, that OS team is going to be very bad this season outside of Smith/George. I don't get the Musty one as Sudbury isn't bad and he can play with Villenueve/Walton who are both good and have pieces like McCoy/DeAngelis on D who are also both legit.
That's why my thoughts are 17 and 18 year olds still young but can play along with picks.

Maybe there is a way theh modify the Molnar deal and make it bigger. We can only wait and see.

Comparing Byfield to Musty is not even a conversation starter
You are stuck on thinking I'm saying they are the same players. I'm just saying during their times on the team they were star offensive players on the team and that RP never got to show what he can get for a star player because Byfield never came back after the shut down.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
With Musty requesting out I'm now changing my tune and do not think that the Wolves should buy this season.

Like others, I have had concerns about character as well.

Trade him for 07's and picks. Hopkins in Kingston would be nice if that's available.

We have good OA's this year. Keep them until the deadline to lead and keep team afloat - trade 1 or 2 of them to contenders.

Add Molnar if it's for cheap - this team needs offence and someone to shelter the younger players.

Keep Pharand as an OA for next year - likely the captain. The other options are Coughlan, DiGiantomasso, Ewles, Krawchuk.

Trade Walton & Villeneuve next season for 07's and 08's.

Build this team around 07's and 08's to compete in 2026-27 season. Will have plenty of picks along the way.
What's your thoughts on Pharhand's game. 3rd year in the league. Doesn't look like the Hawks will sign him. Another year on the 3rd line it seems. Not sure what type of player he really is.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
That's why my thoughts are 17 and 18 year olds still young but can play along with picks.

Maybe there is a way theh modify the Molnar deal and make it bigger. We can only wait and see.

You are stuck on thinking I'm saying they are the same players. I'm just saying during their times on the team they were star offensive players on the team and that RP never got to show what he can get for a star player because Byfield never came back after the shut down.
Who's to say he would of traded Byfield. Anyway that's past.

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
What's your thoughts on Pharhand's game. 3rd year in the league. Doesn't look like the Hawks will sign him. Another year on the 3rd line it seems. Not sure what type of player he really is.
Really like the player & good person.

He needs a big year to get signed. My gut is that he won't sign but I'm rooting for him.

He should be in the top 6 the whole year - especially with Musty gone.

For me, he was a little slow with foot speed last year and I think he may have slimmed down from last season so maybe that will help. Also think he should try and simplify his game more - more of a north south scoring power forward type of game. When he tries to deke too much and get fancy he loses pucks and doesn't seem to work for him.

I've only seen him 1-2 times this season so far but he seems to be more assertive and you can tell he wants it more. Looking forward to see how he puts it together this year and hopefully get signed!

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Really hope our coaching staff rubber stamps any trades for Musty or we are royally screwed. As little as Dario claims he knows about hockey he better make sure his kitchen is in order. This is possibly the teams future going forward and we all know what happened when it was left in the hands of one person last season.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Sounds like he is a star….in his own mind. Think this will help your organization moving forward, although the attitude you now HAVE TO trade may temper the appetite from those on the other end.
Certainly did not temper the return Barlow got.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Complete guess here, but if Erie is a possibility...

Molnar, Royston (07), picks <---> Musty

Then maybe a Challenger (08) trade sending him to SBY in Jan as part two?
an ‘08 to the wolves later is possible but should not be expected.

If Geography is not an issue;
Kingston - McCoy, Musty
Sudbury - Weir, Vellaris, Williamson or Moore, some picks

Reactions: Section5Petes

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Musty to me never connected with Sudbury or Team, he is a player who is in it for himself.

Talented offensive player but plays no Defence, plus his skating is questionable to get into the NHL.

He reminds me similar with his attitude to McFarland, and you see how far that got him.

We will be a better team without him, with the right assets coming back. Musty feasted on the weaker teams and padded his stats, but never did much when it counted against strong team.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Musty to me never connected with Sudbury or Team, he is a player who is in it for himself.

Talented offensive player but plays no Defence, plus his skating is questionable to get into the NHL.

He reminds me similar with his attitude to McFarland, and you see how far that got him.

We will be a better team without him, with the right assets coming back. Musty feasted on the weaker teams and padded his stats, but never did much when it counted against strong team.
Mania same type of attitude. They couldn't wait to ship him out after the season. Both coach killers.

I remember seeing Mania on the ice one game and was pointing to a dman while talking to the coach about his play. That dman was Will Bishop. We all know how that story ended.

Reactions: WolvesFan and cub

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Mania same type of attitude. They couldn't wait to ship him out after the season. Both coach killers.

I remember seeing Mania on the ice one game and was pointing to a dman while talking to the coach about his play. That dman was Will Bishop. We all know how that story ended.
I could see Flint getting in on Musty. They've already got Mania (they're friends), Collins, Konyen. They have picks.

Flint looking to buy this year in a weaker western conference and needing to compete with Saginaw & Windsor.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Think obvious teams would be Erie and flint here.

I would look at flint before Erie personally but musty wants to go to Erie

with flint:
Lombardi, flugins, and a bunch of picks- who says no?

Erie: Molnar, Royston and lots of picks
Who says no??

Imo flints package is way better

Last edited:

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
Can you imagine being a hockey player with that much skill and talent, going to an NHL training camp where people that have had long careers in the NHL are telling you these are the things you need to do attitude wise to be a pro hockey player and make millions of dollars playing a game but instead, you come back to junior hockey and do the exact opposite. The wolves are not that bad of a team as a few other people have mentioned, they have some skilled players that Musty could play with and show that he’s a team player, knowing that a trade will happen anyway he could rack up points and show his attitude adjustment but instead he comes back and requests a trade and sits at home and displays the attitude that the NHL team just told him to work on lol. Geez some players are dumb, tons of skill and no brains. Hopefully they can get a good return. He did play in a preseason game and was at camp briefly and I’m guessing when he found out this coach won’t take shit and there’s a different attitude this year and a different culture being developed he said I gotta get out of here. Signs that a culture is in place where they’re not gonna tolerate that crap. And the players they have in leadership roles this year wouldn’t tolerate that crap.

Reactions: Wiserbud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad