Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Well Chucky wasn't the reason we lost this game. He played out of his mind and made quite a few beautiful glove saves with the guy right in front of him.

I think we can do this 2 goalie system for a bit longer. Chucky faced 36 shots tonight and only let in 2 goals. Pretty decent.

I'll post their stats when it gets updated. Can't wait to get to the barn for some in person hockey. It's been too long and my jersey is collecting some dust!

Reactions: WolvesFanInNorthBay

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Pushing players down the lineup would be my last concern. In short order this coaching staff has made it clear to everyone that you will earn your ice. It is so obvious this team needs depth upfront and back end. We will not score goals like last year! Free Wheeling Fire Brand hockey has left town, we all better get comfortable with 2-1 games because that’s how you win in the Playoffs.
Considering we were missing Villie and Musty our team played very well against a very strong Barrie Team. Chucky was impressive and I very much like special teams and team toughness.
On to next game…two more games to #FreeVilly.

Reactions: NorthernBridge7

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Is Gaulton still with the team? I don't believe he's even sat on the bench since the start of the season.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
After two more games this is likely how our forwards look.

Musty - Villy - ??(Molnar when that happens)
Walton - Delic - Coughlan
Klinkhammer - Chitter - Pharand
Street - Dean - DiGiantommaso

Scratch - Doucet, Henderson, Clayton

Villy and Musty I believe are the only players in this forward group that had more points than Molnar.

I'm all fine with having players earn their ice time. I'm just saying we are 4 games into the season i think Coughlan and Walton for sure have earned ice time so to bring in players to play above them would cause other issues.

Hopefully these coaches are here for the long run and can establish a consistent culture. This team needs it after the revolving door the coaching position has been.

Is Gaulton still with the team? I don't believe he's even sat on the bench since the start of the season.
We are carrying 3 goalies, only 1 goalie can be on the bench. So if Gaulton is still with the team is in the press box

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
We are carrying 3 goalies, only 1 goalie can be on the bench. So if Gaulton is still with the team is in the press box
I understand that, but to have him not playing any games seems like both A) A waste of a roster spot B) A waste of his development. Teams don't generally carry 3 goalies unless one is on the way out.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
I understand that, but to have him not playing any games seems like both A) A waste of a roster spot B) A waste of his development. Teams don't generally carry 3 goalies unless one is on the way out.
Generally you are right. We did this last year though so not unusual for this team. Also either of the Junior A teams we would have sent him to already have 3 goalies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Believe something is brewing with respect to Musty. He would be here like all the others who attended pro camps.
Would be the smart thing for Sudbury to do- they need to build around guys like villy and Walton. This year is not the right year to push all the chips in. Kingstons in a similar spot as you guys. May be better to go for it next year instead.

Smarter thing would be to wait until the deadline but if musty forces a trade beforehand then there isn’t much the wolves can do for that.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
After two more games this is likely how our forwards look.

Musty - Villy - ??(Molnar when that happens)
Walton - Delic - Coughlan
Klinkhammer - Chitter - Pharand
Street - Dean - DiGiantommaso

Scratch - Doucet, Henderson, Clayton

Villy and Musty I believe are the only players in this forward group that had more points than Molnar.

I'm all fine with having players earn their ice time. I'm just saying we are 4 games into the season i think Coughlan and Walton for sure have earned ice time so to bring in players to play above them would cause other issues.

Hopefully these coaches are here for the long run and can establish a consistent culture. This team needs it after the revolving door the coaching position has been.

Not sure you’ve been watching our PK, but Clayton and Henderson are not getting scratched…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad