Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Pressure is building..

Reactions: djscooter

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Pressure is building..
Been well over a month. They won’t be picking any wolves players for a while that’s for sure if this is what they’re going to be dealing with

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Pressure is building..
I don’t care what your personal feelings are towards Musty, it’s irrelevant. He wants to move on and for everyone’s sake it’s about time to make it happen. From a fan perspective (mine) he is an unbelievable talent. Musty processes the play at a unique level like no other. Is he perfect? Nope. If he was he’d be in San Jose. The AHL argument based on age will be dealt with in the next CA when NHL/NCAA and CHL re write the rules around player movement.
Whatever reasons Musty didn’t want to return to Sudbury, they don’t matter. He was going to be traded anyway. Now it’s time for the so called “contenders “ to step up and obtain a top 5 player. When Musty did attend training camp this fall he was several levels above anyone else on the ice. I heard a segment on the Fan 590 that Musty had apologized to Sudbury fans. Did I miss this? Like San Jose GM, I worry about an advisor/agent who seems to be mis-managing this entire situation. Here’s hoping for everybody’s sake this gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Been well over a month. They won’t be picking any wolves players for a while that’s for sure if this is what they’re going to be dealing with
How is this the team’s fault? Totally being driven by player or agent. I would expect any GM to give this situation due diligence. After all we are talking about a #1 pick overall and an NHL 1st rounder.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Pressure is building..
Sounds like Grier is losing patience with Mustys agent. Understandable as they went about this trade request completely wrong.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
They need to trade the guy or NOBODY and I mean NOBODY will want to go there. Not to mention way up north. Pretty bad coming from a Kingston fan lol.

not that this is similar to the wright situation however with that I believe Cooper was talking to every team and took too long accepting a deal and then the fronts got screwed with Miedema(hasn’t improved much if any), mccarthy(didn’t report) and a 2nd, 3rd, 2 4ths, 6th and conditional 5th and 6th round picks which I believe they didn’t even get. Could’ve had Bonk or Mews from my understanding and they chose Miedema

Point is- Papineau has to trade the guy NOW. If he keeps circling back around some teams are going to fall out and some team like London is going to get him for a bag of pucks. And everyone on here that is saying about “oh keep him until the deadline”….

Those same people will be the ones crying when they get far less than what they wanted.

I think Kingston was steadfast in their belief they would get one of Akey, Bonk, Christiforo, or Mews. It did not turn out that way.

Report to the Wolves and get traded at the deadline, plain and simple don't you think?

No.

Reactions: frontsfan67

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
It ain't the wolves they clearly said come back we have a spot for you. He is the reason he isn't playing. Like I have said a few times in this board it will take the Sharks and his Agent getting the deal done behind the scenes. If there are low ball offers like has been suggested the Agent and Sharks need to get in the other teams ears. The Sharks had no issue sending him back to the Wolves. This is Musty's mess, when he gets traded though and comes back to Sudbury for a game I'm sure it will be loud whenever he touches the puck.

Reactions: Wiserbud

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Musty is most certainly a better OHL player than Barlow, no question.

Does that mean he'll be a better pro at the next level? No. That's still tbd.

Right now though there's no debate who the better player is. I mean, just last year Musty had more assists alone than Barlow had total points...... Oh ya, more total goals to boot!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think Kingston was steadfast in their belief they would get one of Akey, Bonk, Christiforo, or Mews. It did not turn out that way.
Correct. Forgot the other 2 but yes that is exactly right. They got none of them- instead Miedema. If Sudbury doesn’t wanna get lowballed like Kingston they need to make a move

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
You tell me
How the hell would I know?

You're the one who keeps repeating trade him NOW before they get lowballed. Maybe they're being lowballed now? Who knows. You nor I certainly don't.

Because Kingston fumbled the bag, doesn't mean others will do the same.

Patience.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
They need to trade the guy or NOBODY and I mean NOBODY will want to go there. Not to mention way up north. Pretty bad coming from a Kingston fan lol.

not that this is similar to the wright situation however with that I believe Cooper was talking to every team and took too long accepting a deal and then the fronts got screwed with Miedema(hasn’t improved much if any), mccarthy(didn’t report) and a 2nd, 3rd, 2 4ths, 6th and conditional 5th and 6th round picks which I believe they didn’t even get. Could’ve had Bonk or Mews from my understanding and they chose Miedema

Point is- Papineau has to trade the guy NOW. If he keeps circling back around some teams are going to fall out and some team like London is going to get him for a bag of pucks. And everyone on here that is saying about “oh keep him until the deadline”….

Those same people will be the ones crying when they get far less than what they wanted.

Papineau does not have to trade Musty NOW! It would have been ideal to have it done a week ago but no GM will accept pennies on the dollar. Any reasonable offer would have been accepted by now because the Wolves don’t want the distraction either. Conversely, most GMs who would be in a position to trade for Musty are doing their homework and still aren’t sure about their AHL or Euro situations so they don’t want to pay for a need they might not have or get a player that doesn’t fit their room. Bad timing but the Musty camp had to have known this going into their request.

Another thing, there will not be any reporting issues as a result of this request. Once a GM makes a reasonable offer from a destination that the Musty’s approve of, the trade will be completed. The Wolves aren’t sitting him just to make a point.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
How the hell would I know?

You're the one who keeps repeating trade him NOW before they get lowballed. Maybe they're being lowballed now? Who knows. You nor I certainly don't.
Just mentioning the fact that they need to trade him now. If you don’t want to see it feel free to ignore me
Because Kingston fumbled the bag, doesn't mean others will do the same.
Right and it’s only ever been Kingston that has done that. You are adding absolutely 0 to the conversation.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Papineau does not have to trade Musty NOW! It would have been ideal to have it done a week ago but no GM will accept pennies on the dollar. Any reasonable offer would have been accepted by now because the Wolves don’t want the distraction either. Conversely, most GMs who would be in a position to trade for Musty are doing their homework and still aren’t sure about their AHL or Euro situations so they don’t want to pay for a need they might not have or get a player that doesn’t fit their room. Bad timing but the Musty camp had to have known this going into their request.
If they make him wait until Christmas do you think the sharks would consider putting him in a different league for the completely unprofessional treatment?

• Haha

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Report to the Wolves and get traded at the deadline, plain and simple don't you think?
This is what normally happens. The advice he should have (and likely) received was go back to Sudbury, work on your 200 ft game, be a leader and show an improved attitude towards your coaches and teammates. In January, after your gone for a month to the WJC, you get traded to the contender you want to play for in your last year. Even better, you go as a much improved player. Anyone who has watched the coaching staff this year knows that would have been the likely scenario.

Instead, the Mustys have decided they want to go to a contender right now.

After reading this article, it seems to me that the Sharks don’t think Sudbury is the oroblem

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Why do they need to trade him NOW though?

You're adding nothing to the conversation.
Because if you’ve been following the OHL at all in some point in your life you’d know you get more for a full season of a star player rather than half a season for a disgruntled player.

If they wait until Christmas leaving little time for them to make a trade(deadline Jan 10) with a disgruntled player do you think they’ll get as much that they would’ve in September when the wolves put out about how they’re aware of situation (musty asking for a trade)

Pretty sure you get more for 3 full months of a star player.

Unless of course Sudbury just wants to prove a point and doesn’t want players reporting to them in the future- as the team clearly cares little about the needs of those playing for them?

After reading this article, it seems to me that the Sharks don’t think Sudbury is the problem
Could be right, could be wrong. My interpretation of that was different though- I believe they’re pretty sick of making the kid wait and they want their star prospect in games playing hockey and not sitting at home

• Haha

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
After reading this article, it seems to me that the Sharks don’t think Sudbury is the oroblem
Exactly.

But some claim he's being treated unprofessionally, lol.

This is what normally happens. The advice he should have (and likely) received was go back to Sudbury, work on your 200 ft game, be a leader and show an improved attitude towards your coaches and teammates.
When he was sent back by the Sharks, that's almost the exact instructions Ryan Warsofsky gave his camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad