Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I also think I would rather the 19 year old play the bottom 6 role as opposed to a 16 year old. Let the rookie get more ice time and develop.
There is a 16 yr old capable of playing top six for the wolves?

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
If there is a choice between a 16 year old playing 4 minutes with the Wolves or 18 with an ojhl or nojhl team I'd rather them in the later

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Not sure I completely understand, but one maybe two wolves 16 yr olds on 4th line and all others on jr or midget teams for sure.
If we bring in this 19 year old, it would potentially push a 16 year old out of the bottom 6 to a jr a team.

I would rather see the 16 year old play minutes in junior rather than sit on the bench 90% of the game.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If we bring in this 19 year old, it would potentially push a 16 year old out of the bottom 6 to a jr a team.

I would rather see the 16 year old play minutes in junior rather than sit on the bench 90% of the game.

Ah, I get it now. I realize many believe it’s important to get 16 yr olds developed in the OHL sooner rather than later. I don’t; I believe it would be better not to expose an unready player to unnecessary injury risk.
Ideally imo, the true rookies (except Blonda) could practice with the team; and play on the local jr or AAA midget teams.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
MHO after 40,

- Marshall is a keeper his second goal against he was left out to dry on a 3-1, otherwise I thought he played real well.

- PK is really aggressive, we have a shorty tonight as well. Once the team is set and we have our regular PK1 and PK2, I think it will be a strength of ours.

- Need to clean up some of the penalties, a few of them were untimely.

- Pharand has clearly been working on his shot and getting stronger, really excited to see him play this year.

Regardless of how we do this year, I’m excited to watch some of these guys play this year.

Go Wolves Go!!

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
MHO after 40,

- Marshall is a keeper his second goal against he was left out to dry on a 3-1, otherwise I thought he played real well.

- PK is really aggressive, we have a shorty tonight as well. Once the team is set and we have our regular PK1 and PK2, I think it will be a strength of ours.

- Need to clean up some of the penalties, a few of them were untimely.

- Pharand has clearly been working on his shot and getting stronger, really excited to see him play this year.

Regardless of how we do this year, I’m excited to watch some of these guys play this year.

Go Wolves Go!!
How has Tayjon Street looked?

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
He took a couple of penalties, otherwise invisible
Only time he was in the box for was the too many men.

I think Street was good, was physical. Would like good on 4th for sure, maybe 3rd with the right players.

I think the refs let the 3rd get alittle out of hand by a couple if calls late in the second.

Instead of taking 2 men after 8 for Barrie would try to start a scrum just taking a wolve.

Result was 27 for Barrie running around and him and McCoy getting 10 minute misconducts and missing the rest of the game.

Thought Williamson was going to blow a gasket when their goalie was called for a crease violation 🤔, was more of a delay of game for playing the goalie playing the puck outside the trapezoid.

Was also really weird at the start of the second and third when the refs didn't let the teams all come on the ice out of the tunnel. They only let 5 plus goalie on the ice. Everyone else had to walk to the bench.

He was definitely in the box at one point maybe it was only once, but he was definitely in there.
He served the too many men

Reactions: WolvesFan

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Only time he was in the box for was the too many men.

I think Street was good, was physical. Would like good on 4th for sure, maybe 3rd with the right players.

I think the refs let the 3rd get alittle out of hand by a couple if calls late in the second.

Instead of taking 2 men after 8 for Barrie would try to start a scrum just taking a wolve.

Result was 27 for Barrie running around and him and McCoy getting 10 minute misconducts and missing the rest of the game.

Thought Williamson was going to blow a gasket when their goalie was called for a crease violation 🤔, was more of a delay of game for playing the goalie playing the puck outside the trapezoid.

Was also really weird at the start of the second and third when the refs didn't let the teams all come on the ice out of the tunnel. They only let 5 plus goalie on the ice. Everyone else had to walk to the bench.

He served the too many men
Correct! I was confused about that, sorry all!

You confusing him with someone else? No penalties listed on the scoresheet.
I was, sorry about that

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Based on this game alone I thought he did not look OHL caliber - weak skater.

Tough task though to walk into the lineup after coming up from London.
Actually looked at some of his stuff on the gram and his skating def needs work. Specially tuff at this level. But, who knows what they see. We'll find out soon.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Actually looked at some of his stuff on the gram and his skating def needs work. Specially tuff at this level. But, who knows what they see. We'll find out soon.
Will also help having some practices.

Felt like he played alittle with both bottom lines. They mixed them up alittle third was mostly Street - Chirtironi - Coughlan. Didn't see much of Kohan.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Wasnt real confident in the first 10 minutes...Barrie was walking all over the wolves.
Delic was a beast
Walton was a beast
Coughlan was physical but more tempered then last year..hopefully he keeps working at it
Pharand seems somewhat more engaged
Street was throwing the body,,,someone said he received a couple of penalties..not in this game.
Klinkhammer skates like he is waist deep in mud but the heart is there.
Refereeing hasnt changed...still sub-par.
If talking was an Olympic sport Mustys billet would easily win a Gold medal.
The arena is still a dump

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad