Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Marek could have been attempting to make sure his kid(s) name was at the forefront of the scouts mind when his draft year comes up.

Howl Head

May 4, 2023
Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 11.10.11 AM.png

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Seidel has always been scummy. People love to defend him because he's from the north but he's a clown.
it shoudlnt be about where hes from, it should be what hes done, there are plenty of excellent northern scouts that are amazing at what they do, they should be praised, not this guy.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Do you think our players got a fair investigation when the whole Bounty story became public from Marek? Coincidentally got leaked (I believe with gag order in place) the day the Colts travelled to Sudbury to play. Brutal. Players being judged by court of public opinion with no facts. I wonder who leaked the league investigation and breached the gag order?

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Just wondering if season ticket holders will get an early bird presale for the Pittsburg Ottawa game just announced on September 29 any thoughts?

sportsovereverything

Apr 7, 2018
Just wondering if season ticket holders will get an early bird presale for the Pittsburg Ottawa game just announced on September 29 any thoughts?
I have no idea, but I think it should go Elliot Lake Residents, then Season Ticket holders, then general public. At least that’s what I hope, or have the people that do have season tickets the option to get their seats before anyone else. Regardless of what is decided I will hope to go.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
ask mark why he only lasted 3 months with the minnesota wild
I know you have gotten yourself in trouble many times. I think the Marek debacle is a joke, he is an insider, no difference from Woj in basketball. If Seidel got some inside of info from him big deal, this happens all the time during any sports draft. If Seidel got information from Marek it wasn't used to disrupt anything, by the time Marek gets the info during the draft it done deal minutes before it gets announced.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I know you have gotten yourself in trouble many times. I think the Marek debacle is a joke, he is an insider, no difference fro Woj in basketball. If Seidel got some inside of info from him big deal, this happens all the time during any sports draft. If Seidel got information from Marek it wasn't used to disrupt anything, by the time Marek gets the info during the draft it done deal minutes before it gets announced.
that part is just optics, another part could very well be just not liking a person and unable to refrain from attempting to make that person look bad. Repeated attacks on at least three individuals shows a lack of control.
Not that I'm much better, I have not kept to myself a dislike of the character and job done by a particular GM.

Last edited:

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
that part is just optics, another part could very well be just not liking a person and unable to refrain from attempting to make that person look bad. Repeated attacks on at least three individuals shows a lack of control.
Not that I'm much better, I have not kept to myself a dislike of the character and job done by a particular GM.
How do we know what Guru Scout did with the Marek info. It is alleged he was putting it on X as his prediction before the pick was made. Furthermore, he has apparently since deleted his posts. If this is true, this is wrong.

Reactions: Habs0101

cub

Apr 11, 2012
How do we know what Guru Scout did with the Marek info. It is alleged he was putting it on X as his prediction before the pick was made. Furthermore, he has apparently since deleted his posts. If this is true, this is wrong.
so what put it on twitter Woj does it all the time, he's definitely the master of insider information. People posts transactions here all the time and they are 100 per cent right before it comes out. Stuff get leaked out all the time. Just total bullshit to me.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
so what put it on twitter Woj does it all the time, he's definitely the master of insider information. People posts transactions here all the time and they are 100 per cent right before it comes out. Stuff get leaked out all the time. Just total bullshit to me.
Obviously the NHL and Sportsnet don’t think it’s bullshit….just saying. I have no issue leaking info to a friend. Guru Scout isn’t an insider. Maybe a wannabe insider. I believe what was done with the leaked info was a breach of trust or maybe even breach of contract.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Obviously the NHL and Sportsnet don’t think it’s bullshit….just saying. I have no issue leaking info to a friend. Guru Scout isn’t an insider. Maybe a wannabe insider. I believe what was done with the leaked info was a breach of trust or maybe even breach of contract.
NHL and Sportsnet are a joke, Bob Mckenzie was doing it for years. Marek is an insider that is his job, not Seidel. Sportsnet hipcrosy, they fired Don Cherry for basically saying the truth, woke world.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Nothing, because I don't think we have EVER come out ahead in a trade with London...LOL
Lots of bad ones, but we do ok when we pick up their castaways like Ryan Valentini, Nick Yearwood. We also got draft picks for Jakub Korinek. Now that I think about it, getting Kevin Raine for the 19 year old Justin Sefton was a solid one too.

Just going to ignore all the bad ones though :)

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Lots of bad ones, but we do ok when we pick up their castaways like Ryan Valentini, Nick Yearwood. We also got draft picks for Jakub Korinek. Now that I think about it, getting Kevin Raine for the 19 year old Justin Sefton was a solid one too.

Just going to ignore all the bad ones though :)
It could work out then haha

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
With how much Kitchener just got from Brampton do you consider moving Musty. Return shouldn't be far off. 102 points for Musty vs 95 got Rehkof in 7 less games.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
You have to take into consideration who would be making any deal involving Musty or anyone else so with his previous track record we would no doubt come out on the short end of the stick.

Reactions: armchaircoaches

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You have to take into consideration who would be making any deal involving Musty or anyone else so with his previous track record we would no doubt come out on the short end of the stick.
Yeah in my opinion Sudbury would be real smart to trade musty while you still can if this is the price for top tier players.

Sudbury is not competing with Brampton or Barrie to start, Kingston should be better, Oshawa should be better than them, and Branford is just getting started. Best they finish is 6th with or without musty

Reactions: WolvesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3