TikTok sponsors Washington DC Capitals Jerseys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1725885594775.png

Last edited by a moderator:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Man, this jersey advertisement is pure horseshit. Fans should absolutely voice their displeasure loudly. We get nothing out of this crap, nobody should defend this. NHL owners can get f***ed
no caps fan is defending this fyi, this is a blatant sellout move

TikTok is a terrible company, perhaps one of the worst. Put FB on there and the outrage wouldn't be as bad (or Instagram), but shit, TikTok? The company that's about to be banned in the US? :laugh:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So I guess that means they'll all be good for about 15 second bursts before burning out?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

TikTok is a terrible company, perhaps one of the worst. Put FB on there and the outrage wouldn't be as bad (or Instagram), but shit, TikTok? The company that's about to be banned in the US? :laugh:

Agreed. Sorry if I seemed outraged, it just grinds my gears. Not happy about all these jersey ads in any sport.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

There has been zero news on that for months. Much of that is political theatre.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
TikTok is the most distilled form of modern day garbage that is destroying the minds of our young (and not-so-young) people, through outrageous amounts of dopamine addiction that cripple attention spans and constant propaganda from internal dissidents and hostile foreign powers. It is drugs, marketed to adolescents, with a strong side of brainwashing. Come for the funny dances, stay for the glorious communist revolution comrade! (I kid you not, I have a friend who has become a communist largely due to TikTok)

It is pure, pure garbage. Therefore, the NHL will gladly embrace it and put it fittingly next to the latest round of gambling ads.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
WOW this is getting a lot of hate for an ad you will not be able to see from the stands or most shots during the game.

I mean I do get it TikToc sucks and whatever, adds suck but in the scope of most adds this is pretty unobtrusive.

Reactions: AvroArrow

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I mean to be fair, it is objectively funny that the hockey team in Washington is now sponsored by the company that the US Government in Washington has already said it will ban unless its Chinese owners sell it.

Oh absolutely, I think it shows that for all the talk, money is all that matters to the 1% who shape the f***ed society we live in. TikTok is just a bit more obvious a problem than most.

• Wow
Reactions: kevistar and SirJW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad