Sudbury Wolves 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009

Nathan Villeneuve should be the Wolves pick knowing that Misa is going to Saginaw, Erie most likely to take Spence and with Hage playing the draft pick game to land in London the Wolves should be taking Nathan. A fierce competitor who owns a heavy shot, speed, and finishes checks. Doesn't hurt he is a French Canadian where Sudbury can provide him with solid schooling and community. Similar to Goyette. He will compliment our youth up front and can see him playing along Musty and Pharand. Really excited for this weekend. Sudbury will have a very fun team to watch next year. Is it August 31st yet???

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Nathan Villeneuve should be the Wolves pick knowing that Misa is going to Saginaw, Erie most likely to take Spence and with Hage playing the draft pick game to land in London the Wolves should be taking Nathan. A fierce competitor who owns a heavy shot, speed, and finishes checks. Doesn't hurt he is a French Canadian where Sudbury can provide him with solid schooling and community. Similar to Goyette. He will compliment our youth up front and can see him playing along Musty and Pharand. Really excited for this weekend. Sudbury will have a very fun team to watch next year. Is it August 31st yet???

WJ

Nathan Villeneuve looks very impressive.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Yes, and I also was fine coming back and admitting I was wrong. What's your point?
I commend you for that, but coming on here to make that your first post, triggers non-supporters of Zulich, tired of hearing alot rumours when it comes to the ownership.

Reactions: Wisdom

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

WJ
I agree that Villeneuve should be the pick. I do think they may end up taking Beaudoin though as he has a similar skillset but played for one of the wolves scouts this season. Hopefully, you're right!

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I commend you for that, but coming on here to make that your first post, triggers non-supporters of Zulich, tired of hearing alot rumours when it comes to the ownership.
It's fine, I don't have an opinion of Zulich either way and my post wasn't meant to disparage him. I was more concerned that the team was actually for sale and wondered if anyone here knew anything.

Like I said, the person I know has insider knowledge of the KED. They're a good friend of mine, we talk often and are both hockey fabs and the KED/Wolves often comes up. They've told me a few things in the past days before they became public and have been right every time. Given their insider knowledge and their long track record (with me) of being correct I figured I'd come check out the Wolves page on HF and see if anyone heard anything. I don't want to see the Wolves leave.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I agree that Villeneuve should be the pick. I do think they may end up taking Beaudoin though as he has a similar skillset but played for one of the wolves scouts this season. Hopefully, you're right!

Cole Beaudoin looks can't miss either

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Hage could possibly be playing this card only to avoid Erie. He may be wide open to Sudbury with all the young talent. Just a thought.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hage could possibly be playing this card only to avoid Erie. He may be wide open to Sudbury with all the young talent. Just a thought.
Chicago forfeited their 1st to tender him, I think it's genuine. Different than a soft NCAA commitment I believe.

Reactions: djscooter

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Dickinson is also on the table if they want an impact dman
I think they have to pass on him specifically because how good the top 4-5 forwards are. Wolves can get an impact dman in the second. Some intriguing guys will be around and have a lot of upside to be a guy like Thompson.

WJ

Reactions: hockeynorth

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Dickinson is also on the table if they want an impact dman
He or Villeneuve would be the two I would consider in the spot. You either take the top 2way D in the draft or the highest upside player left on the board. Not that I know all these guys or watched these guys all year. I’m just basing this on rankings.

The connection with other French players in the room is interesting with potentially Goyette, Pharand and Villeneuve. I prefer Dickinson to the rushing offensive style that Mews brings. I feel like taking Beaudoin would be a bit off the board. Could be wrong

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Wolves brass please take Villeneuve.He will bring fans out of their seats and create a lot of excitement.If you need more truculence then acquire that player in a trade. I am sure Beaudoin is a good player Villeneuve is a great player.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Wolves brass please take Villeneuve.He will bring fans out of their seats and create a lot of excitement.If you need more truculence then acquire that player in a trade. I am sure Beaudoin is a good player Villeneuve is a great player.
Villeneuve very intriguing player. Looks like he'd fit right in right away.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
There were two videos posted of Villeneuve. I actually watched the Beaudoin first, and was impressed with his size and play. I then watched the earlier Villeneuve video and was not impressed until I saw the second Villeneuve video... very significant improvement in my view in the 2nd vid. Who would I pick? Both will be winners, and it may well be based on fit with the team. Villeneuve showed some physicality but was more skilled I thought than Beaudoin. However, Beaudoin looks to become a beast, and we frankly could use a beast (or two). My choice? Beaudoin. But note, there is no wrong answer here.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
There were two videos posted of Villeneuve. I actually watched the Beaudoin first, and was impressed with his size and play. I then watched the earlier Villeneuve video and was not impressed until I saw the second Villeneuve video... very significant improvement in my view in the 2nd vid. Who would I pick? Both will be winners, and it may well be based on fit with the team. Villeneuve showed some physicality but was more skilled I thought than Beaudoin. However, Beaudoin looks to become a beast, and we frankly could use a beast (or two). My choice? Beaudoin. But note, there is no wrong answer here.

Beaudoin looks like he needs to work on his skating! Doesn't look as polished. Villeneuve looks like he has quicker feet and looks much more explosive. Again difficult to tell from the videos, but it's also in the scouting reports.

Lanny

May 9, 2012
No Russians or Belarus players to be taken in the up coming CHL import draft.

Howling In 16

Apr 11, 2012
Take Hage, if he doesn't come deal him for players/picks and get the bonus pick in the draft next year which is supposedly a deeper and better draft

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Take Hage, if he doesn't come deal him for players/picks and get the bonus pick in the draft next year which is supposedly a deeper and better draft
The compensatory pick could only be awarded after non-playoff teams, so the wolves would get comp 5th overall and an end of round 2 pick as well.

Howling In 16

Apr 11, 2012
So wolves would get their 1st plus and a additional pick at number 5 overall, plus an additional 2nd, plus players and or additional draft
Picks after trading Hage in a stronger and deeper draft in 2023 buildin for a big run in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad