Stuart Skinner worst playoff sv% since Cloutier.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If the Oilers even had adequate goaltending in Game 3, they are winning that game. Canucks scored 3 early goals and then did absolutely nothing aside from a powerplay insurance marker.

I expect Pickard will give them a good show. There's been a number of journeymen over the years who've been thrust into the spotlight and shown they can give a few good games here and there. Louis Domingue, Michael Leighton and Curtis McElhinney off the top of my head. These guys stick around because they're even keeled and are able to shrug off tough situations.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Every fanbase needs a scapegoat when their team loses and the goalie and coach are the two easiest targets.
Has Skinner been terrible? Yes.
But he’s not the only one.
How’s the Oilers vaunted additional depth doing?
How about Ceci-Nurse?
Even McDavid who feasted on LA had zero shots in the first game and no points in the third game despite playing half the game.
You keep saying the same thing.

It's extremely difficult to win a series when your goalie is letting more than one goal for every 5 shots against.

Skinner would be given the benefit of the doubt but he also had a very poor outing last playoffs where he was pulled four times in 12 starts.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

It's extremely difficult to win a series when your goalie is letting more than one goal for every 5 shots against.

Skinner would be given the benefit of the doubt but he also had a very poor outing last playoffs where he was pulled four times in 12 starts.
For sure. But Nurse-Ceci are a combined minus 14. It’s not like Skinner just plays bad when they are on the ice. Both things are hard to overcome.
I do agree that Skinner is the biggest problem though.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

If the Oilers defensive structure stop giving the PDO Frauds chances and space, they wouldn't be giving up so many goals.

Remember when before round 1 where the Oilers fans all claim that the Predators suck? Atleast the Predators played defense.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
For sure. But Nurse-Ceci are a combined minus 14. It’s not like Skinner just plays bad when they are on the ice. Both things are hard to overcome.
Yes we are paying for the Worst/Feces pairing every day.
THANK YOU, MR. HOLLAND

FOR THE AMAZING OVERPAY OF DARNELL AND THE MOST AVERAGE DO-NOTHING DEFENSEMAN THAT DIDN'T GET TRADED BECAUSE HE'S SOOOO LOVED IN THE LOCKER ROOM

Remember when before round 1 where the Oilers fans all claim that the Predators suck?
Well they suck against us lmao

Aug 3, 2021
r8zA7W.gif

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
we are living in a world where CALVIN PICKARD is getting a start in a major NHL playoff game
Yep, and it's not due to injury to 2 or 3 nhl goalies.

But if you ask certain penguins fans, winners know how to win so let's goo

The real villain in all this Ken Holland and Bob Nicholson. They are delusional.
The real villain is Daryl Katz. He is responsible for the hiring of these buffoons

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Yep, and it's not due to injury to 2 or 3 nhl goalies.

But if you ask certain penguins fans, winners know how to win so let's goo

The real villain is Daryl Katz. He is responsible for the hiring of these buffoons
Katz is the owner. Holland and Nicholson are the hockey experts. It's on those buffoons

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
League average sv% the past 2 seasons has been .903

Skinner has started 20 playoff games.

Only 7 times has he given the Oilers .900 goaltending or better. 1/3 of his starts.

5 times last year in 12 starts (.917,.903, .909, .968, .962)
2 times this year in 8 starts. (.964, 1.0 in back to back games vs LA)

Kuemper, probably the weakest goalie to ever win a cup, was league average or better 7/16 times. .900 or better 10/16 times during that cup run.

Last edited:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
What’s the deal with Campbell? It looks like he bounced back decently well in the AHL after what was a rough start IIRC
I feel like a Campbell redemption storyline would have been energizing for the Oilers lockeroom going into Game 4 than Cal Petersen popping in for a visit.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I feel like a Campbell redemption storyline would have been energizing for the Oilers lockeroom going into Game 4 than Cal Petersen popping in for a visit.
Obviously there is a reason he hasn't come back to sit on the bench behind skinner

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

Last season the Oilers had lots of defensive breakdowns in the playoffs so I was not hard on Skinner but overall in these playoffs the Oilers have not been giving up a lot of real quality scoring chances, he is definitely the weakest area of the team right now. There are other things they can still do better but the Oilers will win nothing with that kind of goaltending. Average goaltending would look amazing for the Oilers right now.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Last season the Oilers had lots of defensive breakdowns in the playoffs so I was not hard on Skinner but overall in these playoffs the Oilers have not been giving up a lot of real quality scoring chances, he is definitely the weakest area of the team right now. There are other things they can still do better but the Oilers will win nothing with that kind of goaltending. Average goaltending would look amazing for the Oilers right now.
Skinner looked shaky and scared from game 1 on vs la last spring. I had my mind made up pretty quickly on him

Mind you I've been terribly wrong many times when I make my mind up quickly on players, but this time maybe no

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Skinner looked shaky and scared from game 1 on vs la last spring. I had my mind made up pretty quickly on him

Mind you I've been terribly wrong many times when I make my mind up quickly on players, but this time maybe no
I am not saying he was great, I just wasn't happy with the Oilers defensive play in the playoffs last season. This season compared to last is like night and day. No Oilers goalie has an excuse to play bad the way the Oilers have played defensively in these playoffs. They had a few giveaways the last game (Unfortunately almost every decent scoring chance ends up in the back of their net) but overall they have been pretty good.

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers fans were saying at the deadline that Skinner is a top 10 goalie and they don't need to trade for a goalie. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
No they most definitely weren't, or at least the majority of Oilers fans were not. Why do people make posts like this when they have zero pulse on what happens in a team's HF section? Skinner has been heavily scrutinized this entire year and a large portion of HF Oil posters wanted them to go out and get a goalie and a dman to replace Ceci at the deadline.

Why do you even bother making shit up and trolling?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad