3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man, watching Lavy's presser is just an absolute treat. He's very thoughtful and his answers really show how he is incredibly thorough and really has an understanding of what he wants his team to do, what he sees on the ice. You truly see that he has a plan and he has a real understanding of how to get his team to execute that plan.

Really just shows what an absolute caveman Gallant was and how out of his depth Quinn was looking back at how they approached those things.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Man, watching Lavy's presser is just an absolute treat. He's very thoughtful and his answers really show how he is incredibly thorough and really has an understanding of what he wants his team to do, what he sees on the ice. You truly see that he has a plan and he has a real understanding of how to get his team to execute that plan.

Really just shows what an absolute caveman Gallant was and how out of his depth Quinn was looking back at how they approached those things.

The players have not even remotely tried to hide the fact that this coaching staff did everything uncle fester would not. The talent was always there, they just needed structure.

Last edited:

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY

One area I never worry about the Rangers being outmatched in is coaching. Laviolette and his staff have been on point all season. Well, coaching and now goaltending with the way Igor has been locked in during the playoffs so far.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Remember the people who thought they should rebuild in January?! BAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Our how about that we would get swept in the first round because we went "bargain bin shopping".

Not gonna call them out, but it's so funny to see these posters here, acting like they were a believer all along.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Panarin this year in the playoffs is a totally different guy from last year's playoffs version. Lights years better!
It was clear from the way he performed in the regular season: he was earning his points differently - the way it would translate to post season. I know many didn’t believe when it was pointed out…

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Btw Kreider went sicko mode with the speed burst on his goal. He may be coasting more those days but he still has that absolute elite speed in him.

He doesn't blaze around like he used to but when he wants to he can still get up and go.

FWIW, I 10000000% buy into the theory that he and Zibanejad sandbagged the regular season.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Trouba has PP time and more PK time.
A lot has been said about Trouba's play. But he is the anchor on the PK. Without him, this PK wouldn't have the success it is now enjoying. Lindgren might have more minutes overall on the PK, but that is only because Trouba is in the Box taking penalties. That is what he needs to control better. Staying out of the box. His ability to block shots, and separate opponents from the puck are attributes not many have.

Say want you want about his turnovers, he is still a critical component to this team.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
He doesn't blaze around like he used to but when he wants to he can still get up and go.

FWIW, I 10000000% buy into the theory that he and Zibanejad sandbagged the regular season.
Sandbagged is a bit extreme, but there's every reason to think that elite athletes of their experience understand how to manage their workloads over the course of a potentially 9-month season. Zib obviously just went through a couple slumps this year too, but at the end of the day it's unrealistic to expect guys to give 110% percent every game and stay healthy through 82-110 games.

Nolan Ryan wasn't throwing 100 every pitch either, but he was still able to do when he wanted to. That's not sandbagging, that's just load management.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He just retrieves pucks. It’s honestly impressive how often he gets a puck from a battle for a guy who isn’t overly large. I really like him with Kakko and Chytil
Same here but outside of maybe taking faceoffs Chytil should be their center. Only because Chytil’s impact is maximized this way.

Reactions: Greg02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have a question. I had no problem with the broadcast but it kind of bothered me when they said on Kreider's goal that Kreider ran into a Cane (Aho?) as if the refs missed a call. Looked to me like a Cane ran into Kreider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad