Post-Game Talk: Storm the Weather

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I thought Wennberg played a hell of a game again.

He is the glue of that line and the bottom six.

So many little things he does to keep the structure of the game consistent.

Defensively he was impeccable
Should have had a goal in the crease, he just isnt a triggerman.

Kakko had bounce all night too.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
IMG_7865.jpeg

I need someone to explain to me how Kreider only had 0.2 xG. In addition to the goal he scored, which itself should be what like 0.75xG, he hit the post on another short handed 2 on 1 and got poked on that breakaway late in the third.

What sense do these stats make?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rod has no answers. Great motivator, bad tactician. Called out his top guys in the post game. Save it for Matthews when he’s in Toronto next year

He just puts what he wants in place and then shurgs his shoulders when it doesn't work.

On one hand, it would be intriguing to see what he can do with high end talent (which he's never had in Carolina) but I also feel like his system is designed for not having high end talent.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
He just puts what he wants in place and then shurgs his shoulders when it doesn't work.

On one hand, it would be intriguing to see what he can do with high end talent (which he's never had in Carolina) but I also feel like his system is designed for not having high end talent.
He needs a bit of both.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This game was the regular season in a nutshell: resiliency shown in come-from-behind win (while losing per advance stat models), Shesterkin one of the game stars, carried by one line and Zibanejad-Kreider contributing a goal on special teams.

Reactions: Holocene

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
View attachment 868162
I need someone to explain to me how Kreider only had 0.2 xG. In addition to the goal he scored, which itself should be what like 0.75xG, he hit the post on another short handed 2 on 1 and got poked on that breakaway late in the third.

What sense do these stats make?

the poke check would qualify as 0 but I can't explain how he's at .20 with the post.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Vally's numbers have the Rangers ahead of Carolina for this game. After that Staal opportunity in the 2nd they generated nothing until their lucky ass goal to tie it.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
What would you rather have? 50 shots from the top of the circle or three breakaways?

Apparently the xGF bros want the volume. Me? I’ll take the breakaways.

The Rangers 100% deserved to win this game. In control the whole time. Advanced stats can EMA. That’s Eat My Ass for the uninitiated.
Three breakaways like the one Panarin had? I'll take the 50 shots from outside.

• Haha
Reactions: yrrebbor and Kords

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Florida, Dallas and Colorado still concern me. But we have a very smart coaching staff who are very good at the x's and o's stuff. They can find a game plan.
Oh I agree totally. Just think the Canes are the best of the bunch.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Update in Devils land. We are no longer power play merchants. We are now special teams merchants.

Guess that's what happens when you outscore your opponents on their power play in 7 playoff games.
I guess that's bad now when you have more shorthanded goals than your opponents have PP goals. Who knew?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pretty sure that’s a hot take.
Vesey has been making really bone headed plays especially late in games for the last two months. Almost cost us tonight at the end of regulation. Would like to get Rempe back in; they are going to need him vs the Atlantic winner. If there were like 12 guys outright better (which I thought would be the case) leave him out. But I can’t shake the feeling our best 12 includes him and Chytil. Everyone runs a short bench this time of year

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The only thing that worries is is that her brother has basically had 2 trick babies in a row. Their youngest (who is 5 months right now) is the easiest baby of all time. They flew out from Chicago to CT last weekend and I was just in awe with how much he slept and how easy it was to feed.

Her older sister? Had a f***ing nightmare (shes a f***ing saint now.) Kind of feels like we're due for that. I'll take one who is great at one or the other.
If you get a difficult eater, remind yourself and your partner that not every kid is above the 50th percentile. That bottom of that chart gets filled out with real live babies and they all grow up to become real annoying teenagers 🤣

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
the poke check would qualify as 0 but I can't explain how he's at .20 with the post.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Vally's numbers have the Rangers ahead of Carolina for this game. After that Staal opportunity in the 2nd they generated nothing until their lucky ass goal to tie it.
If the poke check counts as zero that tells me all I need to know about the stat. That’s just incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad