GDT: STORM FOLK @ PREHISTORIC KITTENS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Agree mrazek should get next game. Ned ended up with a solid stat line and I certainly wouldn't say he's to blame for the loss. But if mrazek is healthy there's no reason to keep exhausting ned. If I were Nashville I'd probably be thinking real hard about starting rinne too

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
trying not to trash hamilton any more than he's already getting but it's been tough for him. surely we have a black ace available that can come in and play some quieter minutes than max lajoie. he was decent in overtime, but having someone you have to protect like that is making our short defensive bench even shorter. they're trying to gut it out without slavin but this is nuts. pull someone off and dress 7 if you must, but they need to try something. mckeown?

you could tell in the 2nd OT in particular that they were trying to shoot it through saros and that just isn't the play. guys were trailing off to the sides of the net. we flat out need more from svechnikov. but when a goalie gets in your head like this it's tough. the mcginn line was the only one sticking to the script of netfront traffic. even jordan was awol in that regard and that's unusual for him especially lately.

territorial dominance, but that doesn't mean anything without finish.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
God that replay of the winning goal. What the hell was Dougie thinking.

Good god, he's awful He's a liability to this team. He makes us worse when he plays. Demote him to 3rd line duties, play Skjei with Hakanpaa.

And then move Svech down to the Staal line, raise up McGinn, and move Necas to play with Aho.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I mean, you score three, decent chance to win. Hamilton played very badly and contributed to all the goals against. Ned certainly not playing at his highest level. But even with that and some other big issues to fix, they lost a couple of double OT games. I think the Canes will still win the series.

Reactions: AD Skinner

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
No. You hang hamilton. I mean... Hang it ON him. Yeah.
Not into blaming one guy. Sure, put the dunce cap on Hamilton. He isn’t the only reason this almost went to 3 OTs with a considerable SOG advantage and still couldn’t end it in our favor. Should have never gotten to a point for Hamilton to screw up.

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Glad I have this board to rant on. Find a reason to smile today guys cause that SUCKED.

But hey at least we wont be rusty if we make it to round 2 :sarcasm:

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Not into blaming one guy. Sure, put the dunce cap on Hamilton. He isn’t the only reason this almost went to 3 OTs with a considerable SOG advantage and still couldn’t end it in our favor. Should have never gotten to a point for Hamilton to screw up.
Well, if Tripp was right, Dougie's lazy pass led to the first goal, he went disconnected controller on the 2nd, he took the awful penalty to lead to the 3rd, and completely misplayed the puck in 2OT.

Best case, he only directly impacted 3 of the 4 goals against. Best case.

We dominated this game only for this dunce to singlehandedly piss it away.

Goose25

Aug 1, 2020
Svech might need to sit. His head or something is officially a liability at this point.

And what is up with our lack of clean entries? Is Nashville doing something that we can adjust to? Because our game is basically dump and hope at this point.

sure we had a lot of shots but most of those were hopeless efforts.
I believe it is for two reasons:

1) Predators clog the blue line and play a more trapping style. Lots of puck possession deep in own zone for the Canes, but difficult to skate and pass through.

2) Predators transition well out of that trapping system. RBAS system does not allow the players to be fluid and play with flair until the OZ. Low risk taking on blue and red lines. I completely understand why.

Clean entries don’t come easy against teams that lock their own blue line with discipline

Reactions: MWCanes and zman77

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I mean, you score three, decent chance to win. Hamilton played very badly and contributed to all the goals against. Ned certainly not playing at his highest level. But even with that and some other big issues to fix, they lost a couple of double OT games. I think the Canes will still win the series.

I agree. I think it feels worse starting up 2-0. Looking back at my prediction pre-series I saw it going 6 but then raised my expectations. The only game i really fault the Canes for losing is this game bc I thought they got jobbed last game even though it was close.

we still got a chance to win this series, just gotta buckle up.

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Agree mrazek should get next game. Ned ended up with a solid stat line and I certainly wouldn't say he's to blame for the loss. But if mrazek is healthy there's no reason to keep exhausting ned. If I were Nashville I'd probably be thinking real hard about starting rinne too

Ned is by far the best Goalie on the team, slices and dices Mrazek in just about every way. Our defense IS pathetic. Getting back on defense, pathetic. Watching Bean getting skated by then deked when he had better position to start was so humiliating, but for him, not me, what a joke of a player CUT.

If we lose this series maybe the homers will start to realize RBA(Coach) is not our future, and is not even good at the job. Playoffs don't cut it. I want Cups and if you don't you're not a true Caniac sorry not sorry.

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad