Post-Game Talk: Stolarz & Marner Steal a Point - Leafs lose 4-3

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Did you mean to say another new GM and another new coach?

Seems we've had a lot of each already, but the players remain the same.

Coach doesn't even know the players yet.
GM has players and prospects he had nothing to do with.
They have two keepers who look very good in the minors.
They have a couple prospects who could take a spin around a NHL arena.
They have a player who asked to be moved.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
What during the Shanahan era has suggested they would do anything bold like that?
Quite the opposite. I don't think it will be anything bold at all. I think they will move out some spare parts and draft picks and bring in other spare parts. This team is most certainly not going to move a significant player.

Reactions: ACC1224

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
He makes a lot of mistakes when it's 3 on 3
Remember not long ago Kampf was starting OT because 16 and 34 would lose the game on the first shift because they stayed out way too long or turned pucks over? Right that was last year.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think this may be a bit over the top after 9 games. Let the season play out. I think we will like where this team ends up.
He can’t do shut to the four players who are the problem, if they don’t want to buy in there’s nothing he can do……..

It is very likely this is not the same team by the playoffs.
Can’t trade any if the REAL problems on this team………

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Myers was beyond awful last night with the puck.
Coach says the exact opposite, but regardless your boy Lilly isn’t getting a look let alone ahead of Myers who played a good gzme for not playing in 9 plus games, McMann was responsible for that goal…….

giphy.gif
👍

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So the perfect time to waive to the Marlies?
Berube seemed fine with his performance, and I agree, can you imagine Lilly cowering whenever the Bruins entered the defensive zone like in the playoffs last year?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Berube seemed fine with his performance, and I agree, can you imagine Lilly cowering whenever the Bruins entered the defensive zone like in the playoffs last year?
Well, oood for CB... I'll give Myers a a bit of break cause that was his first game in few weeks, but I think that performance was quite a bit worst than anything Liljegren or Timmins have conjured thus far.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
New GM and coach who aren't in love with the players in the system.

And they both report to Shanny who we already know has killed deals before

Quite the opposite. I don't think it will be anything bold at all. I think they will move out some spare parts and draft picks and bring in other spare parts. This team is most certainly not going to move a significant player.

Exactly. If the core was not broken up by now, they won't be broken up until one of them walks

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Oilers were terrible first 20 games went to finals
Panthers barely made playoffs year they went to finals for the first time

There are some major differences though.

The Oilers had been to a Conference Final two years prior so they already had a team that could win when it counts. They got off to a horrid start last season in part due to the coach trying to change the way they play and clearly it did not work.

The Panthers were playing badly until Maurice unloaded on them relatively late in the season. Like the Bolts a few years prior the stars changed their approach, the team got nasty overall and they were one of the hottest teams down the stretch before facing the Bruins in the opening round.

So I get the comparison, but for this bad start to be overlooked the Leafs either have to have a history of playoff success or a roster that recognizes they have to change their approach to win. They have neither.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Well, oood for CB... I'll give Myers a a bit of break cause that was his first game in few weeks, but I think that performance was quite a bit worst than anything Liljegren or Timmins have conjured thus far.
too funny, can you not remember how pathetic Lilly was against the Bruins in the playoffs? Myers was fine..........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad