Post-Game Talk: Stolarz & Marner Steal a Point - Leafs lose 4-3

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm honestly starting to wonder if Matthews is wilting under the pressure of being the captain.

He has made at least 3 or 4 bone headed plays that have resulted in a goal so far this season.

Matthews is mentally weak if the pressure if getting to him. The Leafs were in cruise control after Tampa and all they had to do was be business as usual. But no, unforced meltdown and the worst week of his career notwithstanding the first three games of the Panthers series and that bizarre sequence after Game 2 in Boston last spring.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
I'm honestly starting to wonder if Matthews is wilting under the pressure of being the captain.

He has made at least 3 or 4 bone headed plays that have resulted in a goal so far this season.
I just don't think he cares.

There's a reason he goes from by FAR the best in the league in g/60 in the season to 29th in the playoffs, it's not a talent issue, he just isn't going to do what it takes to get it done.

Honestly, he's a fitting captain for the Leafs, all the talent in the world but zero heart, just like the rest of them.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Are we sure that its October and not April? Because, minus the fact that Marner had a solid game, this looked and felt like it was a playoff game. Right up to losing in OT on an egregious mistake.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't even know what to feel about this team anymore. Really disliking JT and MR. MM seems hit and miss. It's the way the come across in how they play. They play like they don't care and it's hard to stand behind someone that doesn't care or stand for anything.

Becoming not interested. Not very hopeful anything will come of another season.

Reactions: klmdg

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
hey matthews

981rnk.gif
1729994655053.png

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Matthews should line up beside Liljegren in the press box.

It would be nice to see some accountability for all the stars. Not just Matthews but if Marner plays like shit he should face that too. Doesn’t help Nylander was missing tonight either

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Bruins beat the Leafs in Game 7 of last year's playoffs, you'd think with a new coach and captain they'd show up and show Boston things will be different this year. Yeah not this organization, same old Leafs year after year.

Reactions: Rocker13 and Al14

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Auston Matthews was great tonight.

Auston Matthews also blew this f***ing game.

Somebody needs to explain to me what the f*** he was even trying to do because there was NOBODY there.

And even if you say he was trying to pass it to Marner which is what I suspect he was trying to do that's still stupid because Marner didn't have a stick.

What the f*** was he doing?

WHY

FOR THE PURPOSE OF WHAT?

• Haha
Reactions: wingman75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad