Post-Game Talk: Stolarz & Marner Steal a Point - Leafs lose 4-3

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I'm honestly starting to wonder if Matthews is wilting under the pressure of being the captain.

He has made at least 3 or 4 bone headed plays that have resulted in a goal so far this season.

Reactions: fahad203

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Second line got taken advantage by the Bruins 3rd and 4th. No secondary scoring today, that was the difference.

Tough break in OT, but highly questionable decision to put Matthews and Marner out there, they had already out so long. Then again, our other lines were dog shit.

Another solid game from Stolarz. Marner was amazing tonight.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Leafs have a tough time winning in Boston. Very tough game because you want to play physical but the refs are quick to take the whistle out and they always punish us on their PP. Think that weird Willy high stick changed the game there.

IronHookem

Nov 8, 2023
hey matthews

981riv.gif
Looking like a grumpy child that refuses to take in that he f***ed up. This is our captain.

Mr_Fun

FFS!
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I'm not going to get too, too mad about what we witnessed in OT. I thought they at least showed a little something by not packing it in after getting down.

Not sure why people bag on MM during a 3 assist game. Reflex?...lol

Reactions: francis246

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
What the f*** was that pass. JESUS

abysmal shift by matthews

Lorentz at the end of the game OPEN NET GET THAT SHIT IN. Im SICK OF ZERO CLUTCH WITH THIS GODDAMN TEAM

Reactions: Confucius and Al14

weems

Jul 3, 2008
First six games we played some good hockey but the last three have been very bad.
At least we got a point tonight but consistency seems to be a bigtime problem for this group.
Our PP has been so brutal to start the year and probably cost us like 2 points or more.
We need to figure out whats wrong with it, because we can't win without an elite PP.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I hope Stolarz, OEL, amd Tanev don’t quit on this team because those guys seem like the only quality players this season.
Honourable mention to Mitch for finally waking up and looking like a player going for a ufa contract.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Leafs have a tough time winning in Boston. Very tough game because you want to play physical but the refs are quick to take the whistle out and they always punish us on their PP. Think that weird Willy high stick changed the game there.
Should have been a momentum boost for us

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Auston Matthews is the problem right now. That's a Brick Tournament play from the newly minted captain. Who even needs the game tying heroics if you're going to pull that kind of stunt? Needs to be read the riot act.

He seems a half step behind. I know a lot of people think Marner is holding that line back but Matthews kinda showed tonight it’s him. Maybe it might be good to give Matthews Domi on his wing to switch it up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad