Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Robert Thomas re-signs with the Blues (2 years, $2.8M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
At this point? He definitely didn't prove that in the most recent season. All 3 players are still quite young, to say one is far superior to the other while the others outperformed him doesn't really make any sense.

I am not saying the contract is bad, and I do like Thomas as a young player with potential. But you are acting like he is currently far superior when he is not
What have the other two done in the NHL? Thomas had a really good first two years and was part of a key line in the Blues’ cup run.

Last year he battled injuries and was never healthy.

I’m not saying he’ll have the far superior career moving forward because who knows, but he has absolutely proven more than those guys so far.

Ledge And Dairy

What have the other two done in the NHL? Thomas had a really good first two years and was part of a key line in the Blues’ cup run.

Last year he battled injuries and was never healthy.

I’m not saying he’ll have the far superior career moving forward because who knows, but he has absolutely proven more than those guys so far.
Sure man, whatever helps you sleep at night. You are really trying to justify something so insignificant

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Sure man, whatever helps you sleep at night. You are really trying to justify something so insignificant
Well, it is a thread about Robert The Thomas, and he isn't wrong. Rob Thomas has a considerably higher PPG than both those guys and has proven more at the NHL level. He battled an injury all of last season. I think he definitely deserves .5 mil per year more than Chytil and Dube, no question. We'll see how it plays out, huh?

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
And Dundon tries to tell us that the offersheet was not out of spite when they could have went for Thomas who is more proven, has similar potential and the Blues had even less cap space to match then the Habs

The blues and canes have a good relationship, and have done a trade recently. You take that into consideration when offer sheeting.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
In my current franchise mode, he's an 87 rated two way God at age 25.

Any chance he'll reach that IRL?

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I would really like to see him work on his shot, because with a decent shot he could be a 25-45-70p guy imo
I think the shot, itself, is good, he just needs to work on deception and snapping it instead of trying to toe-drag into a wrister so often.
He also just needs to use it more. He's barely over 1 SOG per game for his career.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
And Dundon tries to tell us that the offersheet was not out of spite when they could have went for Thomas who is more proven, has similar potential and the Blues had even less cap space to match then the Habs

You assume Thomas would have even signed the offer sheet? Pretty sure he had no interest leaving St. Louis and was confident a fresh would get done. KK signed the sheet because he wanted out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad