Value of: STL picks #25,#30 and Krug for…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Krug is a pro. He’s still a good defenseman. Him and Faulk are a great pair. If Army really wants to deal him, he shouldn’t have much of an issue. Krug’s no trade clause is the only thing that might be an obstacle.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
No thanks. No need for Krug. Not worth it for two late 1sts.
First of all yes 2 late first in this draft and any gm would jump on this. Let's not kid ourselves this draft is like no other in last decade. Blues need to keep them and keep krugg. End of story

Two late firsts and a huge cap dump for an LD.

Nurse perhaps?
I would take nurse for krugg. Straight up. That's us taking 2 mil of cap from oilers who need it

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
for a legit LD that can be paired for Parayko.

STL can add if needed

Krug is a really good 3rd pairing and PPQB. He just needs this role.
Rs not a fit for offer as OP frames.
Howev, can go one of 3 alternate ways, imo:

If you retain premise and keep Para, then:
for a smooth skating LD...

reg sized [desttute man's Fox comparable] we have Zac Jones
cost: a 2nd for Jones + Avs 2023 3rd

or
tall 6'4" smooth skating Robertson
we can consider selling b'c we have Scanlin who is a bit dif more clear the crease type, if we go that way instead
selected 2nd round, he's gonna cost a 1st +
no guarantee, but rosiest scenario is he turns into another K'A Miller, so while not crazy overpriced, he's not gonna be cheap

final option:
deal Para reduced 2.5 to 4 per for more yrs
for
Panarin reduced 2.6x to an even 9 per for fewer years

assumes bread will waive.
Each has +/-s
Might help Krug w/Parayko replacement

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
“Petterson for Krug” would be a Pens trade straight out of the Ron Hextall playbook.

Let’s get a player who is five years older, 1.5x more expensive, and is (at best) a risky reclamation project, and let’s trade arguably our best D-man of last season for the privilege. Brilliant!

This is the same kind of move that saw them go from having Marino and Matheson (average age 26) to an older, pricier Petry for no real gain.

Reactions: orby

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think Pettersson for Krug could be decent if STL has soured on him a little. STL gets a #4 D and saves money on the cap, Pens get a puck moving LHD

I don't think of him as a classic PMD. He can make a good first pass and has good vision and is agile in the corners but he is slow and isn't going to be skating the puck up. His biggest value is on the PP and at even strength you need to give him ALL the offensive zone starts.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
HORRIBLE ignore this awful idea.

This is the current clubhouse leader for "Dumbest Thought Blues Fans Keep Advancing"

When the Blues traded two firsts to dump Armstrong's terrible Lehtera judgment and also get Schenn, they were real contenders on the cusp of getting over the hump. Over the previous 4 and 5 years the Blues had racked up most points in the NHL in the regular season and the move to trade futures to complete the puzzle was understandable.

Today they are nowhere near coming off the last 4-5 years with most regular season points. They desperately need to acquire young talent. The idea of converting all of the luck acquired in having ROR and Tarasenko as premium assets at the trade deadline into simply subtracting Krug? This is absolutely one of the worst, dumbest ideas I have seen. I am sorry Liut, you have read me write this at least 4 times so I am having to be harsher but this idea is god damn wretched and it needs to be taken out back and put down.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Provorov

First of all yes 2 late first in this draft and any gm would jump on this. Let's not kid ourselves this draft is like no other in last decade. Blues need to keep them and keep krugg. End of story

I would take nurse for krugg. Straight up. That's us taking 2 mil of cap from oilers who need it
The only thing about this draft that makes it above average is the top guys 1 through 5, not anything after that. It's just like any other draft after that.

Common misconception it seems.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Those two late firsts are going to yield the same chance of success from this draft as it would any other. There are a lot of talented players, but the guys in the 25+ range are not so "can't miss" that it will make up for all of Krug's faults and contract obligations.

Regardless, I don't want the Blues to ship off firsts to trade away a player this offseason.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
HORRIBLE ignore this awful idea.

This is the current clubhouse leader for "Dumbest Thought Blues Fans Keep Advancing"

When the Blues traded two firsts to dump Armstrong's terrible Lehtera judgment and also get Schenn, they were real contenders on the cusp of getting over the hump. Over the previous 4 and 5 years the Blues had racked up most points in the NHL in the regular season and the move to trade futures to complete the puzzle was understandable.

Today they are nowhere near coming off the last 4-5 years with most regular season points. They desperately need to acquire young talent. The idea of converting all of the luck acquired in having ROR and Tarasenko as premium assets at the trade deadline into simply subtracting Krug? This is absolutely one of the worst, dumbest ideas I have seen. I am sorry Liut, you have read me write this at least 4 times so I am having to be harsher but this idea is god damn wretched and it needs to be taken out back and put down.

1LD is the Blues biggest need. i doubt Army is going to use picks 25 and 29 on players that are 3-4 years away and not address 1LD.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1LD is the Blues biggest need. i doubt Army is going to use picks 25 and 29 on players that are 3-4 years away and not address 1LD.
There is one other option besides what I said post 34: Lindgren.
Lindy is reasonable 1 yr at 3 per, then expect 4.25-4.75 x 4 territory.
Solid, reliable clear the crease guy, not a unicorn but moves well and complements 1RD puck moving QB Fox.

Both those picks are probably just enuf to get him, but other threads have interest from likes of Buf considering higher pick, even if NY adds lesser pick

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Nooo, we dont need krug, but the picks is interesting..
We are not trading two first round picks. Blues need to draft the best player available with both. End of story

There is one other option besides what I said post 34: Lindgren.
Lindy is reasonable 1 yr at 3 per, then expect 4.25-4.75 x 4 territory.
Solid, reliable clear the crease guy, not a unicorn but moves well and complements 1RD puck moving QB Fox.

Both those picks are probably just enuf to get him, but other threads have interest from likes of Buf considering higher pick, even if NY adds lesser pick
Blues are awesome at drafting. Blues will find two diamonds in the rough they always do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad