Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Pavel Buchnevich signs extension with the Blues (6 years, $8M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
To me, it's the wrong move with the current state of the franchise. He should have been traded for picks/prospects. Army told the owner he thinks it's time for a new voice to be part of the GM process. It really doesn't appear that Army has a vision on what he wants to do.

Krug, Faulk, Perunovich, Parayko, Leddy, Tucker, Kessel...

I don't get it

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
To me, it's the wrong move with the current state of the franchise. He should have been traded for picks/prospects. Army told the owner he thinks it's time for a new voice to be part of the GM process. It really doesn't appear that Army has a vision on what he wants to do.

I don't get it
Lock in mediocrity. This is the way.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues have a good prospect pool along with Neighbors, Bolduc, Thomas and Kyrou on the current team. You need a few vets to help the maturation process with all these youngsters. Buch is one of the best 2 way players in the league. 6x8 is a fair price.

Last edited:

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

I don't get it

Yeah, we needed more assets. Trading the likes of Kasper at the deadline arent going to give us first rounders.

The Blues have a good prospect pool along with Neighbors, Bolduc, Thomas and Kyrou on the current tram. You need a few vets to help the maturation process with all these youngsters. Buch is one of the best 2 way players in the league. 6x8 is a fair price.

Forwards, absolutely.

The prospect pool at D is absolutely in the abyss.

Should have dealt him for a high end D prospect.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Would Montreal do that? Again, you need a partner in a position to actually make that trade.

Probably not them specifically, but I was just giving an examole of a player that could very well full that hole. We just need to find the right team that needs a top 6 forward.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Probably not them specifically, but I was just giving an examole of a player that could very well full that hole. We just need to find the right team that needs a top 6 forward.

I understand, but wanting it is one thing, finding it is another. You can't just assume that deal is available. Teams bad enough to draft high end defensive prospects are generally not in the market trade that player for one like Buch.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
I understand, but wanting it is one thing, finding it is another. You can't just assume that deal is available. Teams bad enough to draft high end defensive prospects are generally not in the market trade that player for one like Buch.

Only if a team like Buffalo had a high end D prospect to spare.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That is a lot of money for a lot of years for a player of this age.

Is he worth it right now? Yeah, perhaps. Will he be worth it at 36 years of age? Wouldn't bet on it. Are Blues competing right now? No.

I don't get it.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Good player...seems a bit much for a soon-to-be 30 year old. Many were questioning Slaf's contract but from here it seems like a bargain.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Good player...seems a bit much for a soon-to-be 30 year old. Many were questioning Slaf's contract but from here it seems like a bargain.
Slafkovsky's contract is buying RFA years, it's not comparable to contracts like this that buy UFA years.

With this contract, it's about whether he stays with the Blues or not. With Slafkovsky's contract it's about how much he's paid while staying with Habs. Apples and oranges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad