The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Why would anyone be jealous of the Oilers? They haven't won anything.

I am jealous of fans of the Panthers and Avs for sure. They have winning teams and have won a cup this century.

That's rich coming from you. You pop up in nearly any Oiler thread every time which doesn't involve your precious fLames. Talk about little brother syndrome.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Why would anyone be jealous of the Oilers? They haven't won anything.

I am jealous of fans of the Panthers and Avs for sure. They have winning teams and have won a cup this century.
Well at least you admitted you’re jealous. You can lie to me but you can’t lie to yourself.

I’d imagine most Oilers fans are like myself and are enjoying the ride, enjoying watching this team getting closer to the peak every year and having another great shot next year with some improvements to the fwd group. I’m grateful that I get to watch the talents of McDavid and Draisaitl on a nightly basis and the whole team really. They’re an entertaining hockey team to watch on the ice and bigger picture they do crazy things like win 16 games straight or badly stumble out of the gate and come from almost last to within a game of winning the Cup.

They’re definitely an emotional roller coaster for fans, lots of emotions. No jealousy though.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
he wanted to be traded to Vancouver at the TD.

did you miss the part where Tampa traded for his right and overpaid to sign him?

we're not edmonton, we can get whoever we want, like we did with Alberta boy DeBrusk whom the oil were very interested in.
Edmonton had zero interest in Debrusk at those contract terms.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Now post their d-core and goalie tandem. It's still bottom tier, and results will reflect it as defense wins championships.
10th in the league for lowest GA/GP in the regular season.
7th in the playoffs. 0.02 more than the cup champs.
Legendary playoff PK.

Stats going against everything a “low-tier” defense should be doing. You can also view stats on NHL.com. I suggest it.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Almost no Oilers fan consider Foegele a big loss. The vast majority of his scoring was against bottom feeders, although I will give him credit for playing well in the finals. Wish him the best personally, as he seems like a great guy, so glad to see him score a big bag with LA. Hope he has a great season and earns his paycheck, I really do.

All that being said, I take Arvidsson over him, even with the injury concerns. He is just better, and by a lot in fact.

650 is a pretty high estimation of how many people were there, lol.
1000018643.png
1000018644.png

Definitely 650 :sarcasm:

So flo having a ball.

Get over it.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
10th in the league for lowest GA/GP in the regular season.
7th in the playoffs. 0.02 more than the cup champs.
Legendary playoff PK.

Stats going against everything a “low-tier” defense should be doing. You can also view stats on NHL.com. I suggest it.

Ah yes, how could I miss those stats. Mustn't be right beside Nurse's -9, Ryan's -9, etc.

Sure the Oilers were 1 shot from winning the cup, but they were also 1 shot from losing to VAN in the 2nd round and their 3rd string goalie. That would've been legendary.

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ah yes, how could I miss those stats. Mustn't be right beside Nurse's -9, Ryan's -9, etc.

Sure the Oilers were 1 shot from winning the cup, but they were also 1 shot from losing to VAN in the 2nd round and their 3rd string goalie. That would've been legendary.
2 players being bad = whole team bad defensively.

Solid information.

About as useful as when people remove McDrai from the Oilers and say they'd be a worse team.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Two f***ing players is your chirp on why the Oilers suck defensively? Seriously? We all know Nurse sucks and overpaid, but a 37 year old ass in Derek Ryan who played 4th line minutes is your argument? Really? Are the Oilers also still a one line team then also? Good f***ing grief. Wtf is the point of mentioning the bolded? Literally no correlation whatsoever regarding the title of this thread too. One of the top nonsense kind of post and that's saying a lot, considering most of the posts on this thread trying to trash the Oilers have been nothing short but nonsense. Oiler fans can mention the what if's too, especially for the SCF, but then that would be making 'excuses' to fit your lame narratives, right? Get over yourself.
Pop in

Gets called on his shit

Pretends he doesn’t see it

Pops in again

Nothing new with those posters. Imagine spending majority of your time on HFboards to mostly go on every thread that doesn't involve your team to yap on a regular basis. Such a miserable f***ing life.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
So do they have get rid of kane to fit everything? I didn't even realize he had 20+ goals all while being a physical presence

Unless injuries have f***ed him seems like a lateral move at best to replace him with with Arvidsson or skinner

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So do they have get rid of kane to fit everything? I didn't even realize he had 20+ goals all while being a physical presence

Unless injuries have f***ed him seems like a lateral move at best to replace him with with Arvidsson or skinner
Trading Ceci, signing Broberg and Holloway for a combined 2M (their qualifying offers are a combined 1.75M) and then sending down Josh Brown and Derek Ryan would give them 700k cap space with a 22 man roster. Thats enough to bring in around 10M at the deadline with 75% retention.

They can keep can if they want even if he's not on LTIR to start the year with just that move.

Jan 13, 2023

1 shot from winning with Draisaitl at 10% and Kane at 0% 🤷

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I don't think the Avalanche or Panthers fans were this confident they would be back in the finals. And they both had much, much, much deeper and better teams than the Oilers.
lol Find me 5 posts from Oiler fans in here guaranteeing they will be back in the finals.
Because you are talking out of your ass.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Kane is likely looking at hip surgery this summer and will be LTIR for the foreseeable future.

Also his attitude is shit, he won't practice, pouts and sulks when he's taken out of the top 6, got screamed at on the bench by Perry for his lazy-ass backchecking, and he only gives a shit once every ten games. We're better off without him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The issue in Edmonton had never been their forward group.
Maybe a bit of depth on this forward group... but we're talking about the 3rd highest scoring team in the past 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad