Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Pat Maroon signs with STL (1 year, $1.75M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Bortuzzo available you think?

I doubt it. He's the default third pairing righty. Schmaltz or Reinke might make a push for that spot, but the left side is way more stacked. Edmundson, Dunn, Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson, Butler, Walman, Mikkola, Lindbohm. If a defenseman is dealt, it's probably from the left side.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I doubt it. He's the default third pairing righty. Schmaltz or Reinke might make a push for that spot, but the left side is way more stacked. Edmundson, Dunn, Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson, Butler, Walman, Mikkola, Lindbohm. If a defenseman is dealt, it's probably from the left side.

Edmundson available?

WiscoBlues

Feb 1, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
It’s either Gunnarsson or Bouwmeester on the way out, most likely Gunnarsson because Bouwmeester has a NTC. Edmundson and Dunn are not available.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You have it wrong because Fabbri is an C/RW Both Schwartz and Perron are LWs. It will look more like this.

Steen ROR Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Fabbri
Perron/Maroon Bozak Jaskin orThomas or Kyrous (Depends who makes the team)
Perron/Maroon (I see them rotating) Barbashev and Soshnikov

Thornburn, Sundqvist Jaskin (If Thomas or Kyrou make it in) on the bench
Excuse me Fabbri has been always LW'er and 2-years ago he was tried to center spot n NHL level, not so much success, but saying Fabbri is RW is wrong.

Schwartz can both sides and same goes with Perron, but they aren't that good their off-side.

ohbabyblues

Jul 7, 2018
It’s either Gunnarsson or Bouwmeester on the way out, most likely Gunnarsson because Bouwmeester has a NTC. Edmundson and Dunn are not available.

That's what I see as well. And tbh, it would most likely also include a forward or two for futures, and I'm completely ok with that depending on who's shipped out and what we receive, obviously. I have faith in Army that he'll do what's right

Reactions: BA Carroll

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
You have it wrong because Fabbri is an C/RW Both Schwartz and Perron are LWs. It will look more like this.

Steen ROR Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Fabbri
Perron/Maroon Bozak Jaskin orThomas or Kyrous (Depends who makes the team)
Perron/Maroon (I see them rotating) Barbashev and Soshnikov

Thornburn, Sundqvist Jaskin (If Thomas or Kyrou make it in) on the bench
Fabbri plays all 3 positions but is generally a C/LW

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
I think they are going to move Gunnarsson or Boewmeester if it was me. Two guys who are free agents and likely not returning. Gunnarsson since he doesn't have a no trade like Bo does. I prefer Bo because he would clear more money and his age. I feel Gunnarsson would be the better of the two coming off injury. I don't think Joel will move because I think Doug see him in the same group as Paryako and Dunn, and the long term core of the Defensemen.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think they are going to move Gunnarsson or Boemeester if it was me. Two guys who are free agents and likely not returning. Gunnarsson since he doesn't have a no trade like Bo does. I prefer Bo because he would clear more money and his age. I feel Gunnarsson would be the better of the two coming off injury. I don't think Joel will move because I think Doug see him in the same group as Paryako and Dunn, and the long term core of the Defensemen.
Gunnarsson will clear enough space. Boumeester in the 3rd pairing role should be fantastic if injuries dont continue to hamper him. He also provides a cushion for Dunn if he slips

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The devils off-season has been absolutely nothing but ****. They are losing everyone and gaining nothing.

That's why they call them rentals. Grabner/Maroon were brought in since we didn't know if Marcus Johansson would be ready to go, plus Jesper Bratt admitted that he had hit the wall physically as a rookie. Grabner/Maroon sign elsewhere and hopefully we have a healthy Johansson and a more physically developed Bratt.

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
im ok with him going to the blues as the blues is my second favourite team i just hope the dont over pay for him

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Good. Hope he gets to be close to his family and play out his career. Really likable player.

Why can't Clayton Keller, one of the Tkachuk boys, or anyone who can skate want to play out their career in hometown St. Louis? Why do we have to be stuck with this guy? He won't be likable on the 4th line playing with 4th line caliber players and thus producing 4th line level stats for 2nd-3rd line cap hit. Neither will he be likable if he pushes out any of our much better top 9 player, nor will he be likable if he blocks Thomas, Kyrou or any other young guy from getting a chance.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Why can't Clayton Keller, one of the Tkachuk boys, or anyone who can skate want to play out their career in hometown St. Louis? Why do we have to be stuck with this guy? He won't be likable on the 4th line playing with 4th line caliber players and thus producing 4th line level stats for 2nd-3rd line cap hit. Neither will he be likable if he pushes out any of our much better top 9 player, nor will he be likable if he blocks Thomas, Kyrou or any other young guy from getting a chance.

I don't think he has the energy or defensive checking prowess to play your 4th line. That would be a utilisation problem with Patty, he absolutely needs a playmaking C or else I agree woth everything you said. Still a nice, humble, and tough player. One of the old school guys.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I get what you are saying but I'll keep repeating the fact that every team has injuries. I seriously doubt Maroon will stay on the 4th line all year, and if he does that will mean that we are having a lot more luck with injuries than we have had in recent years. So if Maroon simply ends up as a slightly overpaid 4th liner, that probably means everything is going our way in terms of injuries and rookies proving themselves. But I like the fact that we have quality depth, rather than hoping guys like Jaskin, Soshnikov and Sundqvist can somehow play better than they have before.

Regarding Maroon and the fans, I bet if he plays hard then the hometown fans will be very supportive. If Kyrou and Thomas play well enough, I doubt Maroon will getting in their way on the depth chart. I'm not a huge fan of the signing but it gives us a physical presence we need and extra depth to protect against injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad