Confirmed Trade: [STL/OTT] Mathieu Joseph and 2025 3rd round pick for future considerations

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Amadio is 350k cheaper and might be a tiny but better. Seems insignificant but that Pinto negotiation is probably rough with Lewis Gross.
it seems like the agent is pushing term

i have no issue giving pinto term, agm garrioch put out a report that pinto wanted 5 million with term ( a while ago) which would be a great deal for us in the long run imo

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
this is all because ottawa has one of the worst and immature locker rooms in the league.

joseph is one of the frat boys on the team that they can actually move. so that's what they did to bring in vets.

he's a good player though, actually the exact type ottawa needs. but frat boy country club locker room needs to be replaced to a more professional level.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What is Ottawa doing? Opening up cap obviously. They must have a big move coming up soon.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
People are going to rip on Staios here re: asset management/dumping picks etc. etc. but the reality is that you don't win with players like Joseph. He's fast but soft and lacks virtually any kind of grit. Good PKer though.

This is what happens when the prior GM ruined the salary cap structure of the team.

Imagine they sign Pinto now.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't think it has anything to do with Pinto or another move. The decision was made to move on from Joseph long ago. They went out and signed Amadio knowing that it would cost a pick to move Joseph. I like the player, he is a useful player. There's a reason they wanted to move him unrelated to his on ice play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad