Proposal: Stl nyr

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
to blues Mats Zuccarello Adam Tambellini

To NYR Kevin Shattenkirk (agreed sign and trade 6 years 6 million) Dimiti Jaskin (sp)

Gives STL a dynamic player who can play both wings very well. Another threat to go along with Tarashenko schawartz and company. Makes STL PP top 5 in the league and is signed to one on the best deals in the NHL. By trading ****-head to NYR is lets the blues get more value from trading him because of the agreed upon sign and trade.

For NYR it gives them a proven puck mover that can replace some of what yandle brought to the NYR offense,PP,and transition game. I fully expect staal to have a bounce back year. He had surgery last june that many forget about, logged a ton of minutes because over the last 4 years the rangers have played more playoff games then any other team in the league. Staal is not overly physical so he will age well, he is very good positionaly, and has one of the most active sticks for a D-man in the NHL. towards the end of the year when McD was out he was excellent. yes, his contract is long and about a million too high but he really gets a bum rap on these boards. If paired with a puck mover he will do great. hence the stralman-staal pairing. This trade allows NYR to run a top four of McD -Skjei
Staal- shattenkirk

Flame Off

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I guess it all depends on Schmaltz at RD and who can step up. Still don't think Zuccarrelo is that close in value or even a need for STL

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
i

i put him in cause he is a cheap 3rd liner that speaks russian and i believe he could help buchnevich acclimate faster. right now the only fluent russian speaking player on the rangers is kreider. It doesn't really matter if the trade is made or not. i believe it's a 99 percent chance shattenkirk ends up a ranger is he makes it to FA. it happens with every big name, semi big name that is linked to the team. Richards, Nash, drury, Gomez, etc. There have already been rumors and random articles of **** wanting to play for NYR and how bran leetch was his hero and he wants to play close to home etc. fact is he plays a position that NYR needs, they will have the cap space, and he has been targeted in the front offices sights. i believe it will be a certanty. but thats just me

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
i put him in cause he is a cheap 3rd liner that speaks russian and i believe he could help buchnevich acclimate faster. right now the only fluent russian speaking player on the rangers is kreider. It doesn't really matter if the trade is made or not. i believe it's a 99 percent chance shattenkirk ends up a ranger is he makes it to FA. it happens with every big name, semi big name that is linked to the team. Richards, Nash, drury, Gomez, etc. There have already been rumors and random articles of **** wanting to play for NYR and how bran leetch was his hero and he wants to play close to home etc. fact is he plays a position that NYR needs, they will have the cap space, and he has been targeted in the front offices sights. i believe it will be a certanty. but thats just me

Does he speak Russian? He's from Czech Republic and I've never heard anything along the lines of him helping Tarasenko like you are hoping he'd to with Buchnevich

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Shattenkirk
Jaskin

For

Miller
Klein
Gropp

If Shattenkirk was signed and cost controlled for several more years, this might be a fair value trade, but don't expect to get anything remotely close to this for what many on this board would call a rental. I see the OP stated at a 6 for 36 sign and trade.

I think Zucc or Nash with Tambellini or Jensen and Fast is a more realistic package. Maybe Zucc or Nash and Gropp could be done with having Vesey here. It certainly opens things up a little for the Rangers.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Shattenkirk was signed and cost controlled for several more years, this might be a fair value trade, but don't expect to get anything remotely close to this for what many on this board would call a rental.

I think Zucc or Nash with Tambellini or Jensen and Fast is a more realistic package. Having Vesey certainly opens things up a little for the Rangers.

I would consider a limited exception to what I said earlier, if it helps out with cap for NY and gets St Lou value for rental.

Nash = 2 years
Shattenkirk = 1 yr

equal value 1st yr
Rangers throw in Nash 2nd year production/what he would bring in trade as rental

in exchange Shatty must extend with Rangers and do so by signing immediately AFTER the expansion draft.
If that does not happen, whether cause he goes to other pastures or 'cause NHL pulls some stunt and says teams must extend a UFA prior to exp draft deadline --- which besides being wrong and stupid is prejudicial -- but still, for any reason, then Blues owe Rangers a 2nd.

ADDITIONALLY, a separate facet is as follows: the above assumes production of Nash to be ballpark value. Nash expected to rebound. That said, consider it fair to say each year, separately, a conditional 4th (i.e., possibly two of them) are attached to Nash's performance. If he meets the agreed upon benchmark (let us say rate of 20 goals or 50 points for the season, rate meaning per game; how many games he plays is up to Blues).

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I would consider a limited exception to what I said earlier, if it helps out with cap for NY and gets St Lou value for rental.

Nash = 2 years
Shattenkirk = 1 yr

equal value 1st yr
Rangers throw in Nash 2nd year production/what he would bring in trade as rental

in exchange Shatty must extend with Rangers and do so by signing immediately AFTER the expansion draft.
If that does not happen, whether cause he goes to other pastures or 'cause NHL pulls some stunt and says teams must extend a UFA prior to exp draft deadline --- which besides being wrong and stupid is prejudicial -- but still, for any reason, then Blues owe Rangers a 2nd.

ADDITIONALLY, a separate facet is as follows: the above assumes production of Nash to be ballpark value. Nash expected to rebound. That said, consider it fair to say each year, separately, a conditional 4th (i.e., possibly two of them) are attached to Nash's performance. If he meets the agreed upon benchmark (let us say rate of 20 goals or 50 points for the season, rate meaning per game; how many games he plays is up to Blues).

That is way to complex of a deal for a player that the Blues could not afford under the cap. For the Blues to take Nash in a straight up swap for Shatty, the Rangers would have to eat the difference in dollars between Nash's salary and Shatty's salary. The Blues don't have any cap room at all this year.

Furthermore, what if Nash DOESN"T rebound. Then the Blues are stuck with a high dollar guy who has absolutely no value as a rental next year. I'd rather see some young players or prospects coming back for Shattenkirk that address the Blues needs better.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Rangers aren't trading their best forward.

In 14-15 with Zucc, Rangers are in the finals for the second year in a row.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Not only this^
but we do not want to sign him until day after expansion draft, so we don't have to protect him.

ANY Shatty scenario, ANY that is OVERRIDING.

Yeah, definitely sign him the day after the expansion draft. That way the contract can be voided by the league and the Rags can get hit with all kinds of tampering penalties for attempting to sign a player still under contract to another team. Then I can laugh when he ends up signing with the Devils or the Bruins. :laugh:

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Kreider was just signed long term, he's not going anywhere.....I wonder if the Rangers would move Miller instead?

if the deal was:

Shatty + Lehtera + 1st

For

Nash + Miller + 2nd

I think I take it and run. Not sure of Lehtera's contract other than it is 4.7 against the cap for the next 3 seasons. If he doesn't work out, can he be exposed for the expansion draft? The money is pretty lose.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kreider was just signed long term, he's not going anywhere.....I wonder if the Rangers would move Miller instead?

if the deal was:

Shatty + Lehtera + 1st

For

Nash + Miller + 2nd

I think I take it and run. Not sure of Lehtera's contract other than it is 4.7 against the cap for the next 3 seasons. If he doesn't work out, can he be exposed for the expansion draft? The money is pretty lose.

Rental Shattenkirk or signed to an extension?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jesus why not give them two 1st round pick, wait let give them some prospect too. Jaskin, Rattie or Barbashev?

I don't want any near rick the dick in bluenote.

I don't see Rags and Blues good trading partners. Let them go 'bidding war' with NJ and Boston.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
the more

i think about it, the more it won't work for either team. NYR should just wait. If shatty has really expressed his will to play for the rangers, If i was Gm i would tell him rite now that we have a deal set in place for you right after the expansion draft for 6yerars 6 to 6.5 million and just stop right there. whose to say that hasn't happened already? If i was armstrong i wouldn't want other teams like NYR dicussing their long range planning with contracts etc until a principal deal was already in place, but that has already gone by the wayside. the thing is the blues are not going to get anywhere near max value for him now. they should have traded him last year if that was the case. I dont know why they wouldn't want a guy like nash for him, if he doesn't work out they could at least flip him for a late first at the deadline. if he does, he regains 30-35 goal form and helps the blues make a good playoff push. who knows but i doubt a NYR STL trade happens. But i am fairly certain he will end up there after the season. oh well

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
If the Ranger's brass are half as loopy as Ranger fans, I'd tell them to go pound sand. When they decide they're ready to compete and want to get serious about un-screwing their defense, they can try to pry him out of Detroit, or New Jersey, or Boston, or whichever other team the Blues wind up sending him to.

Of course, since the Blues are allowing his agent to speak to prosoective bidders about long term deals, good luck pulling that off.

But who knows? You do seem to have a knack for getting players for nothing. Stranger things have happened. But don't imagine you're going to rip off the Blues.

We dont want Nash, unless you're adding significantly, retaining salary and taking salary back.

Kreider or Stepan alone is nowhere near sufficient value. You would be adding a quality pick or prospect. You've made it amply clear, you have no interest in trading either of those players. Assuming your GM agrees, there's really not much else to work with.

There are no other forwards on your roster who would pique our interest, and we're not trading for a defenseman, or for picks or prospects alone.

The Bruins, Devils or Wings easily outbid you.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
If the Ranger's brass are half as loopy as Ranger fans, I'd tell them to go pound sand. When they decide they're ready to compete and want to get serious about un-screwing their defense, they can try to pry him out of Detroit, or New Jersey, or Boston, or whichever other team the Blues wind up sending him to.

Of course, since the Blues are allowing his agent to speak to prosoective bidders about long term deals, good luck pulling that off.

But who knows? You do seem to have a knack for getting players for nothing. Stranger things have happened. But don't imagine you're going to rip off the Blues.

We dont want Nash, unless you're adding significantly, retaining salary and taking salary back.

Kreider or Stepan alone is nowhere near sufficient value. You would be adding a quality pick or prospect. You've made it amply clear, you have no interest in trading either of those players. Assuming your GM agrees, there's really not much else to work with.

There are no other forwards on your roster who would pique our interest, and we're not trading for a defenseman, or for picks or prospects alone.

The Bruins, Devils or Wings easily outbid you.

Bruins, Devils and Wings won't trade what your looking for without an extension. If the speculation is true about Shattenkirk wanting to sign with NYR in free agency then the Blues (and their fans) will have to adjust their expectations on the return, whether that comes from the Rangers, Devils, Wings or Bruins. Otherwise they can wait for the deadline and hope the rental prices are high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad