Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] James Neal signs with the Blues (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Real Oiler fans knew Neal still has it. He just had a rough go with Covid.

Im happy he caught on to a new team, I really like him.
Agreed, there were certain blues fans who argued he couldn't crack the blues lineup, I pointed out obvious facts and they shunned it, so I can only imagine how the crow tastes now

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Can the Blues afford to have a player in the lineup that just sits on the bench until its PP time? He's pretty well useless and and a detriment any other time.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Can the Blues afford to have a player in the lineup that just sits on the bench until its PP time? He's pretty well useless and and a detriment any other time.

He has looked good in preseason and camp.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
He makes the third line just a bit more lethal, allowing the Blues to gain favorable matchups for at least one of their lines. Neal in the top-6? That’s not good. Neal behind the top-6, for league minimum? Hell yeah.

Saad-ROR-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buchnevich
Neal-Thomas-Tarasenko
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Bozak

I’d take my chances against any team with that forward depth. If the Blues can get good goaltending and special teams, their defense doesn’t need to be spectacular…just competent.
Nice deal for Doug Armstrong’s club. Berube can’t hate having another depth scorer.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Got to give it to him. He looked great in the pre season and earned the contract. At $750k, it'll probably be a lot easier to deal with the real deal Neal all season.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Still waiting for a certain couple blues fans to make an appearance..they seemingly went into hiding....LOL

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He makes the third line just a bit more lethal, allowing the Blues to gain favorable matchups for at least one of their lines. Neal in the top-6? That’s not good. Neal behind the top-6, for league minimum? Hell yeah.

Saad-ROR-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buchnevich
Neal-Thomas-Tarasenko

I’d take my chances against any team with that forward depth. If the Blues can get good goaltending and special teams, their defense doesn’t need to be spectacular…just competent.
Nice deal for Doug Armstrong’s club. Berube can’t hate having another depth scorer.

that 3rd line would get f***in blown to pieces defensively

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Still waiting for a certain couple blues fans to make an appearance..they seemingly went into hiding....LOL

I told you in the other topic it wouldn't surprise me if we gave him a contract, however I expected him to be more of a 13/14th forward who can take a spot in case of injuries. Since then Sanford was traded and that opened up a spot, all he had to do was beat out Logan Brown. He got a 750k deal, so if he's not up for the deal we can still easily waive him.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Grow up. Life's too short for petty online vendettas.
Who said anything about vendettas??? LOL...but every now and then it fine to school some of these know-it-alls....relax have a drink or nap...

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO

Saad-ROR-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buchnevich
Neal-Thomas-Tarasenko

Gonna be funny seeing the "3rd line" score the most goals on the team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Gonna be funny seeing the "3rd line" score the most goals on the team.
I guess if the game is slow enough, Neal can still shoot the puck. And the Blues probably don’t play defense on their 3rd line like other teams

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Neal had a darn good camp and provides what the Blues need down low and around the net. I have no clue if he or his legs will sustain what he showed in camp, but if it does, this could be a nice pickup. If he fizzles out, he can be waived or sent down. Low risk.
If it's anything like when he came to the Oilers, he'll be good for 15 games, then drop off a cliff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad