Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] James Neal signs with the Blues (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
Neal had a darn good camp and provides what the Blues need down low and around the net. I have no clue if he or his legs will sustain what he showed in camp, but if it does, this could be a nice pickup. If he fizzles out, he can be waived or sent down. Low risk.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Really like this for the price. Neal had a good preseason and even if he falls off, the Blues have so much depth up front that they could replace him with Sundqvist when he returns, or a young guy like Neighbours or Kostin.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Is he playing the point on the short changes? By the time he gets anywhere close to the net, the play will be back in the Blues zone. Lol

He skates like he swapped out Bauer skates for Quik-Crete.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Good signing. But tried way too hard with that twitter post..

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
At that price, see if he goes on a hot streak to start the year I guess? He's slow and will drag down any line he's on though

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Isn't this is a zero risk move? That's the league minimum, no? Im not a salary cap expert, but if they waive him and he's unclaimed and sent down and someone sent up, his contract wouldn't count against the cap, right?

Edit: I guess there is a $375k hit against buried one way contracts. Although that's still pretty small and if they swap for another buried one way contract, there would be no hit.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
If we get 10+ goals from him this season I am more than pleased with the signing.

Lets just hope that he and all the other potential scorers we have clicks at the same time. We would be lethal offensively.

Reactions: stlwahoo

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Neal had a darn good camp and provides what the Blues need down low and around the net. I have no clue if he or his legs will sustain what he showed in camp, bit if it does, this could be nice pickup. If he fizzles out, he can be waived or sent down. Low risk.
Low risk, humongous suck

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Good for Neal happy for him and his perfect teeth. He started off hot for the Oilers and had some bad luck/injuries last year. He hustles a lot more on the ice and is a great presence/personality for the room than you’d expect after the Flames tried destroying his reputation. Bit of a shooting the puck hog but can’t complain if he’s potting goals. He has a natural knack to catch goalies off gaurd and find holes from in tight. For 750K, just the goals he’d score would make the contract a bargain, even if his skating may limit his effectiveness in other areas of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad