Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Pavel Buchnevich signs extension with the Blues (6 years, $8M AAV; begins 2025-26)

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I seriously think Robert Thomas is the worst defensive center in the NHL. The numbers bear that out. He gave up 4.2 goals against per 60 at even strength in 22-23. This season was 3.1 goals against per 60. The numbers are almost identical between the 2 seasons when you isolate his ES minutes away from Buchnevich. He just played more with Buchnevich this year.

Again, Robert Thomas is as overrated as Laine.

He asked you where you were pulling your stats. Thus far, you haven’t answered where you pulled them. You have just cited numbers without proof of backing them up.

Therefore, the only logical conclusion is this: you’re pulling those numbers out of your ass out of some weird, jealousy-related Robert Thomas hate-fetish, like you’ve done on multiple Blues threads on here. Honestly, it’s a tad creepy.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You think he's worse defensively than Brayden Schenn?
Unequivocally.

He asked you where you were pulling your stats. Thus far, you haven’t answered where you pulled them. You have just cited numbers without proof of backing them up.

Therefore, the only logical conclusion is this: you’re pulling those numbers out of your ass out of some weird, jealousy-related Robert Thomas hate-fetish, like you’ve done on multiple Blues threads on here. Honestly, it’s a tad creepy.
Every analytics site has advanced stats. The free one that is good is
Screenshot_20240703_135450_Samsung Internet.jpg

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
It is usually very unsuccessful. Especially when there isn't a #1 C or #1D in the system, you will only get them from the draft but not pick high enough to get them
We’ve got the 1C covered, but we’re hoping one of our D prospects can become the guy. That or we’ll have to try to trade for a young D with #1 upside, which teams typically don’t trade, so. We’ll see.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Unequivocally.

Every analytics site has advanced stats. The free one that is good is View attachment 891957

And where’s the stats on the defensemen Thomas played with? Because everyone on our defense was putrid in 2022/2023, and he was mostly saddled with Kyrou whom - at that year; to his credit, he worked hard at improving last year - was one of the absolute worst defensive forwards in that year.

Buchnevich is underrated, true, but your stats on Thomas are skewed. Saying that Brayden Schenn is a better defensive center than Thomas only proves that you haven’t ever watched the Blues and that- as a Jets fan - you are simply jealous.

Reactions: HighNote

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
We’ve got the 1C covered, but we’re hoping one of our D prospects can become the guy. That or we’ll have to try to trade for a young D with #1 upside, which teams typically don’t trade, so. We’ll see.

I got nothing against the Blues (and honestly don't know a ton about them) so I hope it works out for y'all. Just usually, the "retool not rebuild" is infamous for making a team take twice as long to become competitive than if they just rebuilt.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I got nothing against the Blues (and honestly don't know a ton about them) so I hope it works out for y'all. Just usually, the "retool not rebuild" is infamous for making a team take twice as long to become competitive than if they just rebuilt.
Conversely, Ottawa, Edmonton (until last few years) Buffalo are examples of how teams can take a decade to rebuild. Both avenues (retool be rebuild) are risky, and neither come with any type of certainty.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Yeah, we needed more assets. Trading the likes of Kasper at the deadline arent going to give us first rounders.

Forwards, absolutely.

The prospect pool at D is absolutely in the abyss.

Should have dealt him for a high end D prospect.

I’m not really sure the prospect pool at defense is that bad anymore.

Lindstein looks fantastic. He’ll probably push for a roster spot not this coming season but the following.

Jiricek is a complete wild card. He could either legitimately be a 1D or could bust out.

Ralph was a good pickup. Good skater, huge frame, not really too sure of what he is or will be entirely, but with the frame and skating I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get a decent amount of NHL time. He’s just probably 3+ years away being a college guy.

Not sure how high I am on Fischer but he has the bloodlines, and tools to be an NHLer

You’d expect another of the recent 3rd/4th round guys to hit at least to a certain degree.

We are much better off on that end than we were prior to this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad