Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Jake Neighbours extends with the Blues (2 years, $3.75M AAV)

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
1729612236823.png

Brewhouse Sports

June 12th, 2019… a day that will live in infamy.
Dec 16, 2010
Big piece of our future. Good on Army getting him locked up so you avoid a potential offer sheet. *Extremely loud and obnoxious cough.

Reactions: Memento

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
That's how you take care of your big RFA's. Oiler's management should be taking notes.
Or maybe at least prioritize the RFAs over using all of your cap space on middle of the lineup UFAs the first day of free agency? And then hope you can sign the RFAs for pennies on the dollar since that’s all you have left? Just a thought. 🤷‍♂️

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
My first reaction was that it seems kind of risky to sign him to a bridge like that. But then...i don't know that he's really going to be more than a ~25G scorer who may break 30 if everything goes right. So he's probably not going to break the bank then anyway, and ultimately going to just land in that Jake DeBrusk sort of contract territory in the end either way. And this way, i guess you get a couple years of him at a much cheaper "bridge deal" price. Plus a couple more years to make sure he is what he is, before you pay for that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think Debrusk is a good statistical expectation for Neighbours…Neighbours is more physical though.

He’s a winning complimentary player for sure. I think the bridge was good for both sides here.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Dude should do advertisement for State Farm.

Like a good neighbour, State Farm is there!

And it's Jake, from State Farm.

He's a guy, so he's hideous

Reactions: Memento

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Like a good Neighbours, Jake from State Farm is there. If by there you mean in the opposing goalies face. If you mean the correct positioning in the defensive zone...eh, it's a work in progress

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Figured since he had not signed in the summer that he'd play out the season to see if a long term deal made more sense for him. Solid bridge deal for him. Would have 2 more RFA years after this bridge deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad