Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
The Blues window starts in 2 years when their top prospects will be ready. The first wave will be Dvorsky and Snuggerud
Followed by stinberg lindstein amd then ralph plekerik fischer and zherneko

they clearly think the Blues have a better chance at the cup.

:popcorn:
Not at the moment but none you all thought we would win in 2019. Edm was almost routed by you guys. There is no certain cup victory is there

• Haha
Reactions: SirPaste

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
A bunch of those slide, so there really isn't any issue.
Not sure what you mean by "slide" and shouldn't be an issue but Armstrong will still need to make a move if EDM does not match.

Blues currently have 51 SPCs on a limit of 50 allowed. The only CBA exemption from counting against this number are "Age 18 and age 19 players who were returned to Juniors, and who have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player limit".

The Blues have six players on SPCs that fit this (Stenberg, Dvorsky, Pekarcik, Stancl, Jiricek, and Lindstein). Only two of them play in the CHL (Dvorsky, Stancl), Stancl will very likely start the season in the CHL but Dvorsky will likely (or maybe not) get his 11 game tryout since he can't go to the AHL (won't reach 20 by 31 Dec).

Its not an issue as Armstrong could move a Loof or a McGinn or a Sylvegard for "future considerations" or convince one or more of Stenberg, Pekarcik, Jiricek, or Lindstein to move to the CHL but, like I said earlier, there will need to be a move,

• Haha
Reactions: Shwabeal

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not sure what you mean by "slide" and shouldn't be an issue but Armstrong will still need to make a move if EDM does not match.

Blues currently have 51 SPCs on a limit of 50 allowed. The only CBA exemption from counting against this number are "Age 18 and age 19 players who were returned to Juniors, and who have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player limit".

The Blues have six players on SPCs that fit this (Stenberg, Dvorsky, Pekarcik, Stancl, Jiricek, and Lindstein). Only two of them play in the CHL (Dvorsky, Stancl), Stancl will very likely start the season in the CHL but Dvorsky will likely (or maybe not) get his 11 game tryout since he can't go to the AHL (won't reach 20 by 31 Dec).

Its not an issue as Armstrong could move a Loof or a McGinn or a Sylvegard for "future considerations" or convince one or more of Stenberg, Pekarcik, Jiricek, or Lindstein to move to the CHL but, like I said earlier, there will need to be a move,
Pekarcik, Stancl, and Jiricek will be in CHL. Dvorsky won't because he's actually AHL eligible now and will play there. Army won't have to do anything even if we get both players. Could still see a minor move related to a player that just doesn't have a future anymore, but it's not like Army forced himself into a corner and has to do something.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
which is crazy because we've been talking about using offer sheets like this for years at HF.

It's the mid-tier (2nd and 3rd round pick) level of offer sheets that are the most difficult to deal with.

No one is going to sign Seider and put a few unprotected 1st round picks on the table. And Detroit would match. It's dumb to talk about those.

It's the Brobergs and Holloways that were ALWAYS the best targets of the offer sheet game. HF knew this years and years ago. The NHL really is run by too many good ole boys.

The good news out of all of this is... perhaps teams start to utilize offer sheets like they should be deployed. Make the off seasons interesting for such an slow and backwards league to begin with.

like... why hasn't a team with cap space done an offer sheet on Nic Robertson at the 3rd round level? He's NHL ready, showing signs he can be an effective scorer in the middle six role and what's the risk? 2 years at $2.3MM and losing a measly 3rd round pick? That's noting. Go for it dummies.
How does this work if Toronto matches the offer but Nic Robertson doesn't want to sign with Toronto?

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
Has either player accepted the offer sheets?
Yes both have; which is what triggers the 7 day "right of first refusal" from Edmonton. It's not a verbal agreement, they have signed the contracts; the team (Edmonton or St. Louis) is the only thing left to be determined.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Young players in European Leagues also slide, aka do not count against the limit. Lindstein and Stenburg are exempt as well. So Stancl, Pekarcik, Jiricek, Lindstein and Stenburg don't count against the limit but cap sites do count them now for whatever reason, so they are part of the 51. When they report to their club we'll be at 46, 48 if both Offer sheets are passed on by Edmonton. Well under the limit.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
One thing about making a Cup Final, all of the sudden other GMs think all your players are gold, lol.

Desharnais was a career AHLer 18 months ago, at the trade deadline people were saying Broberg couldn't even return a 2nd rounder, McLeod was a marginal player, Holloway had an mediocre 9 points in 38 games, etc. etc.
Vinny actually earned his deal and was a big part of the oilers defence turning things around. The other guys still have a lot to prove.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Question to Oiler fans - are you guys upset that Holloway and Broberg signed the offer sheets? Are you happy they went to "secure the bag" or is there some sort of loyalty you'd expect from them (even if meant taking less to play in Edm)?

Genuinely curious

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I was talking about Broberg benefiting by the Oilers winning and advancing in the playoffs without him on the ice, totally different. Also I think Zadorov had a great playoff and increased his value, Lindholm I cant say the same for, also they only won one playoff series, so winning didnt get either of them paid.
Those 13 games clearly got Zadorov a bottom pairing dman, prone to turnovers and a 20 point guy paid.

Those 13 games also made sure Lindholm got what he got. Neither of them played anywhere near the value of the contracts they got.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Let me state for the record that the rest of us Blues fans do not claim this guy.
No just you. Please enlighten me on how anthing i have written in this thread is not on the level bro.

Vinny actually earned his deal and was a big part of the oilers defence turning things around. The other guys still have a lot to prove.
Blues scouting is top notch in league. Thats why they generally knock ot out of the park. Armstrong and company know what they are doing. We need a good young lhd. He saw an opp and he went for it.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Question to Oiler fans - are you guys upset that Holloway and Broberg signed the offer sheets? Are you happy they went to "secure the bag" or is there some sort of loyalty you'd expect from them (even if meant taking less to play in Edm)?

Genuinely curious
As a Habs fan when Kotkaniemi signed his offer sheet I was pretty pissed because it f***ed up all the plans we might've had with him but then again it was such a no brainer for him to sign that I couldn't really blame the guy. Neither of these contracts are that ludicrous in terms of AAV but likely a lot more than they would've got with the Oilers so it's the same kinda situation in that regard. They'd just be dumb to pass on that.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Followed by stinberg lindstein amd then ralph plekerik fischer and zherneko

Not at the moment but none you all thought we would win in 2019. Edm was almost routed by you guys. There is no certain cup victory is there
I wasn't all that surprised when you guys won, I was more surprised how poorly things had gone that season.

As for the oilers, I take a lot of flack but I think they are a WC team this season. Not a fan of the moves they made and I think their dcorp and goaltending sucks.

With or without Broberg it's weak but without this is a cup D?

Nurse-Ceci
Eckholm -Bouchard
Kulak- Stecher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad