Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
The amazing part is this. Broberg was a healthy scratch round 1 and 2 of the playoffs. Oilers trailed the Canucks 3-2, if the Oilers don't come back to win that series that Broberg watched in the press box he would be and Oiler on a 1 year 1 million dollar deal, instead the Oilers insert him in game #4 of the West Finals and he plays a solid 10 games, and gets over $4.5 for 2 years. The price of winning is amazing. He has played 81 games in his 3 year career.

He woukd look real good with parayko. Blues needed.another young capable lhd.

When lindstein makes team.next year blues will have a good young d core.

Broberg parayko
Leddy faulk
Lindstein kessel
Jircerik

Reactions: viper0220

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Um Jackson knew what the cap situation was before he signed arviddson, skinner and Henrique. Has nothing to do with holland

McLeod never took less to stay here. He’s nothing special. Paid what he’s worth
Giving nurse 10 is really really really bad each really shows 1mil over paid

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I guess money talks and a chance at the cup walks!

Enjoy St Louis boys!
We will enjoy them here. Blues just got better. Also the team we are building will be in the playoffs really soon and binner is just as good.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
And Holloway has opted to contribute to the problem of overpaying players relative to their actual performance. He's also sacrificing future income by actively choosing to play with Robert Thomas over Connor McDavid. Broberg is a lot more understandable- that's an insane overpay- but Holloway has thrown away a very straight forward path to both personal and professional success with this move. It could easily go down as an all-time NHL bag fumble, especially if the Oilers win it all this year.
$2.85 is an overpay for a middle 6 power forward, thats young and a recent 1st rd pick?

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
But it doesn't, not really. No rational person could or would believe there's more points and thus dollar bills to be had lining up next to Thomas or Schenn vs. McDrai, and no rational person is choosing St. Louis over Edmonton as a Cup favorite the next two years.

It's a numbingly ignorant miscalculation on his and his agent's part, and I hope it blows up in both of their faces.
Him playing next to McDrai was no guarantee either

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Giving nurse 10 is really really really bad each really shows 1mil over paid
Fair but they made it to cup finals with it. Every team has good and bad contracts and need to work around them. Signing ufas was a choice Jackson made that is now looking like it might hurt

$2.85 is an overpay for a middle 6 power forward, thats young and a recent 1st rd pick?
I mean he hasn’t proven to be an everyday nhler so maybe

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
How do offer sheets work? Do the Oilers have to pay Broberg 2 x 4.5m or can they negotiate with him and do maybe like 5 x 4m?
No once the offersheet is signed they have to.match.or blues get the player and edm gets said.pick for comp.

Bye bye Broberg. He played good in the playoffs, but that's a big number. Reckon we match Holloway's pretty comfortably.
You cant you are over the cap. Have 6 days.to clear out cap space.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
What would the Oilers have to dump to match the offer sheet? Kane and Ceci?
7 mil

The Blues throwing a wrench into things.

Have to think with Evander on IR to start the year, that Edmonton will match the Halloway one for sure.
Giving away first round picks because of bad cap management is a tough go.
He has 7 days to clear room. Teams have to be cap compliant by start of season. So ltir doesnt help till after start of season

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Nope. Not really. Oilers going to offer around 1M. As of date no Oiler has taken a for the team discount. Nurse sure never. Holloway after watching the Oilers pony up for Yams and Poolboy. Thought better about sticking around and getting shafted.

Reactions: JKG33

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I guess money talks and a chance at the cup walks!

Enjoy St Louis boys!

I think this would be fairly common for two young players, who haven't made any money yet, and could easily still bust or not be able to sustain an NHL career. Discounts to play on contending teams are more prevalent with established players, I don't blame these guys whatsoever for taking the money. Besides, they could be healthy scratches come playoff time anyways at this stage of their careers.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
They can’t be traded by EDM for a yr if they match. If they go to STL, they can trade them at will.

Pretty sure EDM can’t trade them during the 7days they have to match either OS.
They can not.

lol that Broberg cash is disgusting
4.5 for a young promising dman with top 4 upside and could be paired with parayko. Nope thats perfect. By tge way blues plsy a better defensive system he will thrive in.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Selfish move from Broberg hes not worth that. Youd think hed want to play with the best player in the world and contend for a cup. Holloway is well worth that price.

Coming after rumours of Drai and Mcdavid leaning towards team friendly deals...
Are you serious right now or are you being sarcastic. Just curious. You should be angry at the gm paying half the cap to like 4 players lol. But yeah bro-by and hollows shoukd take poo. So selfish lol. I think you just mad brah

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
7 mil

He has 7 days to clear room. Teams have to be cap compliant by start of season. So ltir doesnt help till after start of season
It's been a while since dubas was doing it every year but you can put people on ltr during the offseason it just makes your cap weird

Reactions: Dakine

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
No, they can be 10% over the cap until the start of the season
They don’t have 7 days to clear cap

This right here. You don't have to be cap complaint to match. Imo, you match both and spend the rest of the summer convincing Kane to have surgery and find someone to take Ceci, with sweeteners if need be. But I don't think it will be crazy difficult to trade Ceci considering he's in the last year of his deal.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
No once the offersheet is signed they have to.match.or blues get the player and edm gets said.pick for comp.

You cant you are over the cap. Have 6 days.to clear out cap space.
You can go 10% over the cap during offseason.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The amazing part is this. Broberg was a healthy scratch round 1 and 2 of the playoffs. Oilers trailed the Canucks 3-2, if the Oilers don't come back to win that series that Broberg watched in the press box he would be and Oiler on a 1 year 1 million dollar deal, instead the Oilers insert him in game #4 of the West Finals and he plays a solid 10 games, and gets over $4.5 for 2 years. The price of winning is amazing. He has played 81 games in his 3 year career.

I think Broberg can still be good, if he is given a shot at a top 4 spot, than he might flourish.

I remember during the 2019 draft, they were talking about the 3 dmen(Byram, Seider and Broberg), they were talking about how speed and shot was a big factor in Broberg’s game.

Let’s see what happens but if given a chance I think Broberg can a decent top 4 Eman for the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad